Quantcast

Photo

[Guide] Semi-legit Restocking (AdBlock Lists, Disabling JavaScript)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

POPULAR POST!

[Guide] Semi-legit Restocking (AdBlock Lists, Disabling JavaScript)

Introduction

Hey everyone, this is a quick little guide for semi-legit restocking based on two guides I looked at (1 2). They are few years old now and I wanted to do a little update. In this guide I will show you how to block images of items you don't want to buy using lists for AdBlock and remove the popup dialog asking if you want to buy an item when you click on it to save time. This is a pretty simple guide compared to those two. I'm not using any scripts for auto haggling or anything.

According to others, this method is relatively safe. I haven't heard of anyone being frozen for doing this but there could always be a chance for it to happen. There is always a chance that doing something like this could cause them to be suspicious of your activity and monitor you. If you don't want an account to be frozen, don't use these methods.

CAUTION: Use at you own risk!

I would recommend turning off the lists (later called filter groups) when you're not restocking or even when restocking from time to time. You never know when they could be watching you.

Before

Spoiler

After

(There are no good profitable items here, according to my list, so there are no pictures. If there was a profitable item it would show if it isn't in the list. The items that show up will vary with what kind of list you want to use.)

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~

Programs Needed

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~

AdBlock Lists

You can create you own lists of images to block or use mine.

Create/Edit Your Own Lists:

Firefox

Spoiler

Chrome

Spoiler

Premade Lists:

You can just paste these into your filter groups like in Step 6 for Firefox or into your custom filters like in Step 14 for Chrome above. There are different lists for different profit margins so choose the one you want.

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~

Disabling JavaScript

The popup dialog message asking if you are sure you want to buy an item in the shops is done with JavaScript. We can disable to go to the haggle page right away.

Firefox

Spoiler

Chrome

Spoiler

Edited by MC10, 27 March 2014 - 07:48 PM.

#2 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

Maybe add some pictures displaying how to block images with adblock? Otherwise nice guide :)

Yeah I'll be sure to have some useful pictures. I'm just getting it up so I can make edits. I sometimes close tabs/go back in the browser and lose my stuff...

#3 Speedracer

Speedracer
  • The Triforce of Herp

• 771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

Yeah I'll be sure to have some useful pictures. I'm just getting it up so I can make edits. I sometimes close tabs/go back in the browser and lose my stuff...

Let me know if you want any help making the lists or anything else :)

#4 GarenaMaster

GarenaMaster
  • 346 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

+ Rep Great way But im able to see how to disable java script ( Are you sure u want to buy XXXX ?

#5 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

+ Rep Great way But im able to see how to disable java script ( Are you sure u want to buy XXXX ?

Oh sorry, I haven't added everything yet haha. Still under construction.

Very nice guide you have. +rep! I would suggest you put the lists of things to block in it's own overarching spoiler so the guide doesn't look so intimidating :p If you want more tips on making guides, you can always PM me :D

Great advice! Thanks, I'll be sure to spoiler more sections.

Update

Up and ready to go:

- Intro, programs, etc.

- Firefox AdBlock list how-to

- Fresh Foods premade lists

- Firefox JavaScript disable

- Chrome JavaScript disable

Coming soon:

- Chrome AdBlock list how-to (Chrome's AdBlocks are different than Firefox's and have as many features. It may take some time to get that up.)

- The rest of the premade lists

Edited by MC10, 20 March 2014 - 10:51 PM.

#6 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:34 AM

Really nice guide, BUT I thought TNT could easily detect when we're blocking images from shops when RS*?

If that's the case, this should be a massive red flag to them.

Like every other thing that gives you advantage for the game: use with extreme caution.

*I think I remember reading this somewhere. I looked for it but I couldn't find it anywhere, so maybe it was just a dream lol

Edited by athayde, 21 March 2014 - 06:34 AM.

#7 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:15 AM

Really nice guide, BUT I thought TNT could easily detect when we're blocking images from shops when RS*?

If that's the case, this should be a massive red flag to them.

Like every other thing that gives you advantage for the game: use with extreme caution.

*I think I remember reading this somewhere. I looked for it but I couldn't find it anywhere, so maybe it was just a dream lol

That was one of my worries as well. I asked around a bit and it seems like no one's been frozen for it. Of course there is some risk with any kind of thing like this so I'll put in a better warning.

Here is what someone else told me. There's a thread where I asked about it and got some replies.

It's not entirely out of the question. If an IP is red flagged and TNT is monitoring any accounts on the IP for suspicious activity, it won't take long for them to realize that the images of unprofitable items are consistently not loading, which then leads to frozen accounts. Not foolproof :(

I was thinking maybe if I could find a way to alter the text instead it would be better. For example, if profit is negative then the name of the item would be red. Then have different shades of green/blue to indicate what the profit margin is. I don't know how to make a script like that though and have it check the itemdb.

#8 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

That was one of my worries as well. I asked around a bit and it seems like no one's been frozen for it. Of course there is some risk with any kind of thing like this so I'll put in a better warning.

Here is what someone else told me. There's a thread where I asked about it and got some replies.

I was thinking maybe if I could find a way to alter the text instead it would be better. For example, if profit is negative then the name of the item would be red. Then have different shades of green/blue to indicate what the profit margin is. I don't know how to make a script like that though and have it check the itemdb.

The idea itself it's very good.
I used it a few times when I still had the time to do some legit restocking but I felt like I was always in the verge on being iced, because of the obvious, I mean.. blocking dozens of images?! That can't be good, right? But the truth is, I was never caught for doing it, so maybe whatever it was I read (if I actually read it and not dreamed it) was just more of a prevention rule or something written by one of the fan sites preaching every Neo rule like it was demanded by a holy identity of some kind. Oh well...
Anyway, I'd like to try it out again just to see if legit restocking is something I can give a shot again, so I'll definitely try this out later and report the results. :)

#9 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

The idea itself it's very good.
I used it a few times when I still had the time to do some legit restocking but I felt like I was always in the verge on being iced, because of the obvious, I mean.. blocking dozens of images?! That can't be good, right? But the truth is, I was never caught for doing it, so maybe whatever it was I read (if I actually read it and not dreamed it) was just more of a prevention rule or something written by one of the fan sites preaching every Neo rule like it was demanded by a holy identity of some kind. Oh well...
Anyway, I'd like to try it out again just to see if legit restocking is something I can give a shot again, so I'll definitely try this out later and report the results. :)

I would personally enjoy being able to see the different profit intervals through changing the text color, but I don't know how to do that currently haha.

It's worked well for me so far. I've gotten many items plus an Elegant Draik Wig a bit ago.

Updates

Shops with lists:

- Fresh Foods

- Kauvara's Magic Shop

- Toy Shop

- Unis Clothing Shop

- Grooming Parlour

Pastebin has a 25 paste limit so I'm using Tinypaste now.

#10 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:40 AM

Awesome guide! Thank you very much :) +rep

Edited by iKate, 22 March 2014 - 12:40 AM.

#11 ubersaurus

ubersaurus
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:10 PM

For mozilla firefox: 

I just want to add that I don't like noscript as much as I like QuickJS. With QuickJS you can turn javascript on and off with ctrl+Q. This is useful because in the attic you can't buy without javascript enabled (or so it seems?) but with quickjs you can turn javascript back on, refresh attic when theres supposed to be a restock, and then turn it back off when there isnt.

#12 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

For mozilla firefox: 

I just want to add that I don't like noscript as much as I like QuickJS. With QuickJS you can turn javascript on and off with ctrl+Q. This is useful because in the attic you can't buy without javascript enabled (or so it seems?) but with quickjs you can turn javascript back on, refresh attic when theres supposed to be a restock, and then turn it back off when there isnt.

Yeah I don't really like NoScript, I guess it's used mainly for staying secure. I removed it from the guide a bit back. YesScript is similar, you can enable and disable but I'm not sure about keyboard shortcuts.

#13 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

It's awesome when new members make contributions like this :) Much appreciated! +Rep for chuuuu!

#14 666

• 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

Very nice guide, thank you!

I knew the other things, but didn't know about disabling javascript, which would help a ton.

^__^

+rep~

#15 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:48 PM

Hey everyone. I think this is as far as I'm going with the guide right now. Sorry Google Chrome users, AdBlock just isn't the same in Chrome. You can still make your own custom lists but it doesn't have the same features and isn't as easy to do. I don't use Chrome as much and I'm too lazy/busy to make the Chrome part at the moment.

To those who want a list(s) for another shop or want something updated, just post and let me know. I added that to the guide.

Alright, good luck out there everyone! :)

#16 ubersaurus

ubersaurus
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

jesus h christ. i was about 1/3 of the way through all of the shops, making the most comprehensive adblock list i possibly could, when firefox decided to commit suicide and remove all extensions. fuck me.

#17 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

jesus h christ. i was about 1/3 of the way through all of the shops, making the most comprehensive adblock list i possibly could, when firefox decided to commit suicide and remove all extensions. fuck me.

Oh shoot man, that sounds horrible lol. Are you sure it's just not in safe mode or something?

Btw, I always keep .txt files of all my stuff just for backup. It's a good way to live by.

#18 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

Hey everyone. I think this is as far as I'm going with the guide right now. Sorry Google Chrome users, AdBlock just isn't the same in Chrome. You can still make your own custom lists but it doesn't have the same features and isn't as easy to do. I don't use Chrome as much and I'm too lazy/busy to make the Chrome part at the moment.

To those who want a list(s) for another shop or want something updated, just post and let me know. I added that to the guide.

Alright, good luck out there everyone! :)

Looks like I lied, I wasn't done. Thanks to @Speedracer's help and support, I decided to do the Chrome section. It's a little more complicated than Firefox because of the difference in how they display the resources/blockable items. I hope everything makes sense and is not too hard to follow.

If anyone has any questions/comments/concerns about the guide, feel free to let me know. Any requests for lists can be posted or PMed to me as well. Good luck out there! :)

#19 GarenaMaster

GarenaMaster
  • 346 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

Been using this for while ( but not too  crazy ) and wasn't frozen

#20 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

Good to know. I haven't heard of anyone being frozen except for one case where a guy who was red flagged already used it and he was being monitored. I used it for a bit and now I'm ABing since I'm lazy/busy haha. I'll see if anything happens at the end of the month which is coming soon...

#21 Voyage200

Voyage200
  • 56 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:31 AM

It's a really nice guide. I used a similar methode a while ago, but this guide is excellent.

#22 buhrooke

buhrooke
  • 28 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

Thank you so much for this! Coming back after a hiatus this has definitely improved my restocking.

#23 BEDDOEDv

BEDDOEDv
  • 287 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:46 AM

ive been using this guide now for a while, i actually got a shadow korbat mp. but i only do this method sometimes and not too often.

#24 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:48 PM

Disabling JS is annoying for when you want to go to shops just by clicking "Shops" then the JS image of the shop in the "Marketplace/Bazaar/Plaza".

Also, it stops my Greasemonkey Auto Haggler from working. So... poop.

If this application (YesScript) would allow for only certain pages to disable, instead of the whole website it would be nice.

Edited by Megazord, 23 September 2014 - 06:49 PM.

#25 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:08 PM

Good points. The disabling of JavaScript isn't completely necessary though. It's just to make the pop up go away before haggling but you could just press Enter. YesScript is easy to toggle on/off so I like it.

EDIT:

If anyone would like updates, let me know. I love seeing the feedback.

Edited by MC10, 28 November 2014 - 07:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users