• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

2rlsUtb.png

For my game, of course, not Neopets. If you're not playing already, you can check it out here:
http://sweeneyalpha.com

If you're not familiar with the context and backstory for your suggestions, you can see a quick rundown in the video here:

Spoiler

There are three kinds of random events - good stuff (Serendipity!), bad stuff (Misfortune!) and does-fuck-all stuff (Happenstance!). Right now, we have a mere five happenstances and one serendipity, which I am listing for some context in a spoiler below. What I want is a buttload of interesting suggestions for things that could happen to your character while you're out and about, from all categories of random events. They mustn't be too powerful, or too soul-crushing, but other than that the sky is basically the limit. Show me how balls-to-the-wall-creative you can be, assholes ^_^

fpRCHOP.png

Current events:

Spoiler

#2 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:57 AM

"You glance around and look both ways before crossing that path, that doesn't stop a carriage from barreling past you nearly ending your life. Good thing a nearby Pedestrian pulled you to safety."

"You tripped on a rock. X happens."

"A penny rolls down the lane toward you. You wait anxiously to see if it lands heads up. Sadly though it falls face flat. Sucks to be you."

#3 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

I got shit on A LOT yesterday. 

#4 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

After an hour of heavy discussion, you convince yourself that you might have superpowers. You focus your mind on the pile of small rocks in front of you, concentrating harder with every second that passes. Feeling something powerful building up inside you, you use a large burst of energy... but the rocks don't move. Instead, you just shit yourself.

Or something like that, you get the idea :p

#5 GarenaMaster

GarenaMaster
  • 346 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

http://sweeneyalpha....e.php?game=arun

Lol i like that game xD

i got 360 score

#6 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:56 PM

And I was thinking of Neocodex random events

"Strat is angry for no reason. He releases a horde of Koalas at you. You lose 5 reputation"

#7 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

Well, this has been a spectacularly disappointing thread.

#8 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:56 PM

How about a random healing event?

#9 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

You should make people feel bad for being a sore loser.

I fell into a crevasse at 94.

#10 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

You suddenly become very self conscious and wonder if your clothes make your butt look big.

You think you feel something brush up against you.  You turn around, and catch sight of a two-foot tall humanoid scampering away with something in its hands.  Checking your bags, you notice you are missing (item name).  That little thief!

A wave of dizziness hits you, and you pass out.  After several minutes you come to, realizing that you have a splitting headache, your hair matted with blood.  You must have hit your head on a rock when you fell.  (Take 1d4+2 damage.)

You wonder why you have a sudden craving for pickles.  You haven't had a pickle in a long time.

It is dark.  You have been eaten by a grue.

You hear a sound like a bell being tinkled rhythmically, then it stops.  You hear someone say, "Hello?"  They continue talking for a few minutes, with pauses here and there as if they're listening to something.  They must be mad, talking to themselves like that.

Your stomach is killing you.  You try to will away the pain, but it doesn't work.  You vomit, spluttering and choking.  Afterward, you feel better, but a little weaker than before.  (Temporary loss of 2-3 toughness points)

#11 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

You notice a glint of silver on the ground. You bend over to pick it up only to realise that you have now torn your underwear. Oh dear.

#12 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

You suddenly feel lightheaded. Maybe those berries you picked earlier were poisonous after all... (lose... strength?)

#13 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:11 AM

You pause to remove your shoes to enjoy the clean cool grass with your bare feet. Ahhhh... AAAAHHHHH!! A LEGO. WHY IS THAT THERE?!?!

#14 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:26 AM

You pause to remove your shoes to enjoy the clean cool grass with your bare feet. Ahhhh... AAAAHHHHH!! A LEGO. WHY IS THAT THERE?!?!

100000000000 damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users