.00000001%? lol

#27 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:33 PM

This sums up the past two years for me.

Do you really teach martial arts? My biggest issue with karate and my kids is that they're girls and I don't want them hit in the uterus and have a tilted womb or anything later in life. How big of a concern is this in reality?

I really do.

Depending on the style, most students won't even spar (mock fight) until they've advanced several ranks. In my style new students spend 6-9 months learning technique, discipline and our philosophy before they ever put on sparring gear. In all the years I've been teaching martial arts, I've never had a student get a permanent injury. The worst I've seen is a black eye, but that was in a match between teenage boys with more testosterone than sense.

Of course schools vary. Most schools will let you try a class for free without any commitment, to see if it's for you. One thing in particular to watch out for: don't sign a contract locking you in to a certain number of months (or years!) of training. Some schools do this to guarantee their revenue, and I think it's a really bad business practice. Better to pay month by month or rank by rank. That way you can get out if it's not working for you, or whatever.

#28 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:41 PM

I had a tilted uterus and didn't find out until I was pregnant with Braden and as my pregnancy progressed it corrected itself.
I didn't realize it was such a big deal but I didn't get hit in the uterus or anything, so it can happen anyway apparently. That should comfort you.

#29 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

I had a tilted uterus and didn't find out until I was pregnant with Braden and as my pregnancy progressed it corrected itself.
I didn't realize it was such a big deal but I didn't get hit in the uterus or anything, so it can happen anyway apparently. That should comfort you.

What is a tilted uterus, I'm scared to google.

#30 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

What is a tilted uterus, I'm scared to google.

http://en.wikipedia....roverted_uterus

#31 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

Well shit, that sounds painful

#32 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

Well shit, that sounds painful

Meh, I didn't even know I had a tilted uterus so I guess it's not always that bad. :p

#33 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:35 PM

Meh, I didn't even know I had a tilted uterus so I guess it's not always that bad. :p

It sounds horrible, like chronic pain ._.

#34 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

Sometimes when I'm bored I browse the Craigslist personals for laughs, but like where people want to hook up, it's just full of lols.

Like other people suggested, get your kids into activities, gymnastics, t-ball, arts & crafts.

I'm an introvert by nature and just don't like having a lot of friends, but I'm depressed and have social anxiety and am no fun to be around most of the time :p

#35 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

It does comfort me a little, but prevention is the main concern here. If I can prevent bad things from happening, then I will. I know it can happen naturally, but it can also happen unaturally and be a predecessor for more serious things. (Certain kinds of tilted uterus can press on the intestines or bladder and cause more bladder infections, constipation, overworked ligaments, and prolapse)

I don't worry about tilted or prolapsed uteri that don't cause infertility or pain, but I do worry about preventable injuries that can affect the rest of their lives, like being hit in the stomach, running incorrectly, falling on the tailbone wrong, heavy lifting... the list goes on and on. (this is where it gets weird) I don't just want grandbabies. I want my kids to have amazing sex too.

#36 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

I don't worry about tilted or prolapsed uteri that don't cause infertility or pain, but I do worry about preventable injuries that can affect the rest of their lives, like being hit in the stomach, running incorrectly, falling on the tailbone wrong, heavy lifting... the list goes on and on. (this is where it gets weird) I don't just want grandbabies. I want my kids to have amazing sex too.

These are all things that your children will probably be exposed to anywayā€¦.by living.

Try to put yourself out there and say hello or smile at the skinny mums in the park. I believe in you! Just don't go bringing up vaginal steaming during the first conversation, you need to ease them in to the crazy.

#37 Floofy

Floofy
  • 48 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:54 PM

Do they have meetup.com groups where you live?  It seems around here 50% of the meetup groups are moms with kids and they set up play dates, girls nights, etc.  They get together in real life so not like a facebook group, and they are looking for more members (whole point of meetup.com) so would probably make you feel welcome.

#38 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:19 AM

I've actually had good experiences with Craigslist.

Mind you two instances I found great places to live with cool housemates my age (at the time and currently) and the other I sold my Wii. But, still Craigslist isn't 100% terrible, though it probably does lean towards it when you start getting towards the personals.

Does @Yung not have anything to contribute towards this? Does he not have coworkers (male or female) that could turn out to be potential friends?

I wholeheartedly agree with Cronus post. You shouldn't be seeking out friends (creeper status) as it should be a natural progression from someone you know through whatever activity/connection/etc. to someone whom you can consider a friend and they vice versa.

I don't think it's selfish or silly to want to have a friend IRL though.

#39 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:32 AM

These are all things that your children will probably be exposed to anywayā€¦.by living.

Try to put yourself out there and say hello or smile at the skinny mums in the park. I believe in you! Just don't go bringing up vaginal steaming during the first conversation, you need to ease them in to the crazy.

I save all my vagina talk for y'all <3

Do they have meetup.com groups where you live?  It seems around here 50% of the meetup groups are moms with kids and they set up play dates, girls nights, etc.  They get together in real life so not like a facebook group, and they are looking for more members (whole point of meetup.com) so would probably make you feel welcome.

I'll check. Thank you!

Does @Yung not have anything to contribute towards this? Does he not have coworkers (male or female) that could turn out to be potential friends?

I don't think Yung knows I want a friend.

#40 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:00 AM

I've been in the same boat for a while now.

I keep reassuring myself that friends on the internet are the same, but they're not. As much as I love you guys, I can't really have a beer with you all, or play a game of soccer.

It's something I've been struggling with since I moved back to Texas almost... two years ago now. I try, you know. I went out to bars and clubs with coworkers, then different bars with different coworkers ad nauseum. None of it worked. Everyone wants something from you in those types of environments.

Better to let your kids do karate or softball or what have you and meet parents that way. At my current job (I teach martial arts coincidentally) there are three types of parents: 1) the type that drop off their kids and never come through the door, 2) the type who come in, plop down in a chair and stare at their phone for 45 minutes, or 3) the ones who are watching what their kids are doing, talking to other parents, and have questions for the staff after their child's class is over.

You'll only become as involved as you let/make yourself. If your kid's softball team needs a team mom, volunteer for that shit or get to know whoever ends up taking the spot.

I really don't think craigslist in an isolated area is the best way to meet people. Best of luck with your efforts though.

Move to Kentucky, ok?

This sums up the past two years for me.

Do you really teach martial arts? My biggest issue with karate and my kids is that they're girls and I don't want them hit in the uterus and have a tilted womb or anything later in life. How big of a concern is this in reality?

You and the girls can come too.

#41 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:11 AM

But not Yung.

#42 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

My oldest legit thinks the way to get other kids to like her is to walk behind them in a 'sneak' position like in Elder Scrolls. I can't convince her that this isn't something people actually do.

This made me LOL, thats probably one of my favorite things to do in those games.

I am not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, cause I just skimmed through, but there is a website called "MeetUp" where you can join groups. They have groups for EVERY kind of person, and I've seen multiple "mom" type groups on there. It's definitely worth a shot, because unfortunately CL has way too many sketchballs.

Edit:

WOW. just saw someone suggested meetup xD

oops. Well anywho, definitely check it out. Hopefully they have groups in your area. I joined meetup because I have social anxiety and they have groups for that too. Haven't gone to one yet though -_- *kicks self*

Edited by kaashmoney, 11 April 2014 - 05:49 PM.

#43 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

Move here. We'll be friends. 

Last night, I had a heart to heart with two girls about needing more girl friends. Guys are less drama but they can't get manicures with me :(

#44 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

Last night, I had a heart to heart with two girls about needing more girl friends. Guys are less drama but they can't get manicures with me :(

Why not?

#45 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

Why not?

Last time I asked they said no. They said it wasn't "manly"

Psh.

#46 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:06 PM

Psssh, I work in a spa and we have guys come in pretty often. Guys need to realize it isn't a "girly" thing to so, it's awesome & relaxing & good to keep up the maintenance on your nails. xD

I have more guy friends than girl friends, that's for sure. I just get mani/pedis at work, so I don't have to worry about my guy friends not coming with haha

#47 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:35 AM

ok I signed the kids up to go on a tour of the fish hatchery on thursday with a bunch of other mommies and kids I'm going to throw up
Panic averted I was looking at the wrong month. I have like 2 weeks still.

#48 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:17 AM

ok I signed the kids up to go on a tour of the fish hatchery on thursday with a bunch of other mommies and kids I'm going to throw up
Panic averted I was looking at the wrong month. I have like 2 weeks still.

I have faith in you. :p

#49 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:20 AM

Move here. We'll be friends. 

I know a ton of straight manly men who LOVE getting pedicures. Just talk them into it and they wont look back or criticize it again :p

#50 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:28 AM

I know a ton of straight manly men who LOVE getting pedicures. Just talk them into it and they wont look back or criticize it again :p

Must be an american thing lol, only guys i can see getting pedicures over here are those types of guys from geordie shore. The "I'm so fucking good looking and muscular even i would fuck me" type of douches we get over here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: merica, lonely, craigslist, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users