Quantcast

Photo

NeoCodex's First Annual Biggest Loser Pre-Competition DISCUSSION THREAD

biggest loser weight loss

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

Poll: Biggest Loser Options (24 member(s) have cast votes)

How long do you want this to run for?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Start Date for Competition (First Week will be SIGN-UPS ONLY)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

In addition to our NP donation, would you be interested in having a pool of $USD$

Vote

#26 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

Thank you @Scot  :wub:

He just did it for the fitness selfies to come.

#27 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:52 PM

It's important to include peoples' BMI while calculating everything too. We don't want to encourage people to lose an unhealthy amount of weight.

That's why I want to lose 5kg. I'm using my wii fit to catalogue each day and it has a nice way of measuring things for you. I'm lazy at calculating...

I'm near the overweight mark now and if I lose just 5 kg I'd be on my ideal, healthy weight again.

For me 6 weeks is just too short since I don't have time to sport for hours each day thanks to school, so I'd be leaning towards 12 weeks.

#28 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:22 AM

Although I would like to join, I've already been eating healthier and exercising for the past several weeks. I'm at the lower end of my healthy weight range, so it would probably be unwise for me to try to lose any more weight. Good luck to all of the participants!

#29 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:23 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT!

So if I set up sign-ups starting on this coming Monday (the 14th) and then the competition starts the following Monday (21st) would you guys be cool with that?? Sign-up week would give everyone time to gather things they might need to do this (i.e. buy a scale, grocery shopping for good food, new running shoes, exercise ball, ect) And sending me your stats.

@Sunak0 @Satsuki @Majesty @talbs @Keil @lozpoz @Thane @punkrockbigmouth @Leisa @Napiform @WillDearborn @Scrafty

#30 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:25 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT!

So if I set up sign-ups starting on this coming Monday (the 14th) and then the competition starts the following Monday (21st) would you guys be cool with that?? Sign-up week would give everyone time to gather things they might need to do this (i.e. buy a scale, grocery shopping for good food, new running shoes, exercise ball, ect) And sending me your stats.

@Sunak0 @Satsuki @Majesty @talbs @Keil @lozpoz @Thane @punkrockbigmouth @Leisa @Napiform @WillDearborn @Scrafty

It'll also give me time to gain weight so I can lose it BWAHAHAHAHHA

But yes, that's perfect.

#31 Dita

Dita
  • 51 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:31 AM

Totally. Yay!

#32 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:32 AM

Sounds great to me.

#33 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT!

I might actually be happy in a bikini this year! Can I give measurements and/or weight? Because I have one of those really old Dr. scales and it's pretty bad. (actually I think we got rid of it, I'm not sure. I'll check on that. If I have it I can do weight.). Now, off to find some exercises I like. Maybe I'll try out that "Run! Zombies" app. 

#34 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:37 AM

Now, off to find some exercises I like. Maybe I'll try out that "Run! Zombies" app.

I really enjoy the Blogilates videos on youtube. It took a couple days to get over her obnoxiously perky voice, but I like them now.

#35 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:43 AM

I'm down for the schedule.

@Rocket Is there a sign up form (and additional questions not asked in your original post)? I want to make sure I send all the information needed without missing anything. Plus it helps you organize all the information your way.

#36 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

I really enjoy the Blogilates videos on youtube. It took a couple days to get over her obnoxiously perky voice, but I like them now.

Me too! I want to punch Cassey in the face, but her workouts are great.

#37 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

I'm down for the schedule.

@Rocket Is there a sign up form (and additional questions not asked in your original post)? I want to make sure I send all the information needed without missing anything. Plus it helps you organize all the information your way.

I'll be making a new topic for the competition. In my first post I'll give you all directions on where to send your info and how to do so, and then I'll give you each a user number (for those who don't want their info posted identified with them publicly.

I might actually be happy in a bikini this year! Can I give measurements and/or weight? Because I have one of those really old Dr. scales and it's pretty bad. (actually I think we got rid of it, I'm not sure. I'll check on that. If I have it I can do weight.). Now, off to find some exercises I like. Maybe I'll try out that "Run! Zombies" app. 

I'd prefer weight but I suppose measurements can be optional, I would suggest measurements as if you don't see the scale go down, the inches will be going down. Go to wal-mart or some place like that and get a scale, they are pretty cheap :p

#38 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:40 AM

Me too! I want to punch Cassey in the face, but her workouts are great.

Me three. She inspires me because the entire time I'm working out listening to her I'm thinking, "When this is all over, I am going to body slam this bitch."

#39 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:26 AM

We have just received a very generous donation in nps. So at this point there will be NO BUY-IN, everyone will get a cut of the prize pool. It will be either top 3 or top 5 depending on entrants, and the rest will split the pot.

Thank you @Scot  :wub: 

Wonderful... </sarcasm> but what about those of us who don't play neopets?

#40 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

bloop idk would you be interested in doing it for real money?

added a poll, if people are interested, those who donate money will be the only ones winning money.

everyone will get a cut of nps whether they want it or not (can be left for future contests if you forfeit nps)

Edited by Rocket, 11 April 2014 - 09:32 AM.

#41 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:43 AM

You're on the wrong website then

#42 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

Seeing as it's a food/exercise related contest, I would be willing to write a printable, personalized week-long meal plan with grocery list for x (x tbd based on how much time it looks like I'll have when this is over) amount of winners who forgo a Neopian prize. (personalized being allergies, daily calorie requirements, paleo/vegan/vegetarian/gf/dairyfree/whatever) If anyone would be interested in that kind of thing.

#43 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Oh god, I so don't want to post my weight in public.

#44 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:17 AM

Oh god, I so don't want to post my weight in public.

I believe everyone will by PMing that information to Rocket.

Any stats posted in public will be tied to a unique user ID to protect anonymity.

#45 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:19 AM

I believe everyone will by PMing that information to Rocket.

Any stats posted in public will be tied to a unique user ID to protect anonymity.

That's not so bad then, I only have one problem. I have no money to buy certain things, and the only reason I can go to the gym is because my room mates have a guest pass and are taking me with them. 

i6_VJcz_XAi_I10n.png?noCache=1397857083

#46 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

That's not so bad then, I only have one problem. I have no money to buy certain things, and the only reason I can go to the gym is because my room mates have a guest pass and are taking me with them. 

We'll be posting tips to help and encourage each other. We have a member who is a certified personal trainer who will be giving advice when he has the free time. You'd be surprised at what just walking can do for you.

Also don't worry about your weight only you and I will know (like redlion stated you will be given a user number that only you will know), I am in no position to judge and the point is for a group of us to encourage each other to get healthy

#47 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

I would participate but I realistically only have about 5-10 pounds to lose. Although it would be good motivation for me for sure!

#48 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

I use youtube and walking almost exclusively. I bought two 5lb weights last month, but before that, I used bottles of vinegar, milk jugs with water in them, and books in bags. I def don't do any heavy weight anything though, just kids.

#49 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

When it comes to weight loss specifically, remember that it's 20% exercise and 80% diet.

If people wanna share some clean-eating diets I bet that would help a lot of people!

#50 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

I'd participate but I'm tryna gain weight. Good luck to all the contestants!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: biggest loser, weight loss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users