abortion feminism. debate

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#276 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:24 AM

That's fine for private companies, that's shareholder profit. If women are allowed to paid time off to children that's discrimination against those who choose not to, or cannot have kids.

People having kids has a societal and economic benefit though because those kids are going to go on to pay taxes and care for the current generation, that's why it's encouraged through public subsidy. Compared with the amount which a person will generally contribute to society over their lifetime paying for their mother's maternity (and father's paternity) leave is pretty small so even though I have no current desire to have any myself I can see the arguments to encourage it in general. Child allowance should be limited to perhaps the first 2-3 children though imo.

#277 Goblinoid

Goblinoid
  • 120 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:46 PM

Had a very quick look through some pages of this thread, and I'm relieved to see that there seems to be an agreement that "antifeminism" is, frankly, idiotic. (Not going to lie, I was a bit worried when I saw that there was a debate topic on feminism at all.)

I saw this on my Facefook feed, and I wanted to share it because it's a short but awesome read. I tip my hat to both Ruffalo and Libby Anne Bruce.

http://www.dailykos....ail=facebook_sf

#278 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:48 PM

http://www.bestofthe...eans_patriarchy

Good podcast episode about the Patriarchy. Definitely give it a listen if you have time.

#279 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:33 PM

http://www.bestofthe...eans_patriarchy

Good podcast episode about the Patriarchy. Definitely give it a listen if you have time.

tl;dl?

#280 Leon13

Leon13
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:53 PM

*Sniff* I'm so proud of the debate section. I keep coming on these threads ready for an argument and instead see rational OPs supporting equal rights. Keep on keepin on, folks. 

#281 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:31 PM

I have a question. Is it OK to refer to a woman as 'woman'? As in, "Hey woman, would you like some bacon?".

#282 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:35 PM

I have a question. Is it OK to refer to a woman as 'woman'? As in, "Hey woman, would you like some bacon?".

if you wanna get bitch-slapped, sure.

edit: I read that wrong #YesAllBacon

#283 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:37 PM

I think they prefer cumdumpsters according to the videos I watch.

#284 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:39 PM

For me, personally, fuck yes. I want some damn bacon!

#285 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:45 PM

if you wanna get bitch-slapped, sure.

I always wanted to know why women get offended by that. Does it have a derogatory connotation?

I fail to see the problem, but maybe because in Portuguese it's not a bad thing and not commonly used in a situation like that

#286 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:46 PM

You can call me what you like if you're making me bacon.

#287 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:51 PM

I always wanted to know why women get offended by that. Does it have a derogatory connotation?

I fail to see the problem, but maybe because in Portuguese it's not a bad thing and not commonly used in a situation like that

I misread and thought it said "woman, make me bacon" 

but if it was offering bacon, yes.

personally idgaf either way.

#288 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:54 PM

I misread and thought it said "woman, make me bacon"

but if it was offering bacon, yes.

personally idgaf either way.

I'll also happily make bacon. I lived in hope that someone would marry me and keep me barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen.

#289 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:54 PM

You can call me what you like if you're making me bacon.

Woman, make me bacon.

I actually really want some bacon now. I knew this was a mistake.

#290 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:01 PM

Woman, make me bacon.

I actually really want some bacon now. I knew this was a mistake.

You're inconveniently located. Move south.

#291 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:07 PM

You're inconveniently located. Move south.

Just for bacon?

#292 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:08 PM

Just for bacon?

I could be convinced to make pancakes to go with said bacon.

#293 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:10 PM

I could be convinced to make pancakes to go with said bacon.

Heathen. Them's two different foods!

#294 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:24 PM

Heathen. Them's two different foods!

You're northern, you know nothing. Would you let me not have a career?

#295 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:27 PM

You're northern, you know nothing. Would you let me not have a career?

I'd let you write books, play ukulele and make bacon, after we'd moved to our Swedish cider orchard and accompanying cottage, of course. Love me some cottaging.

#296 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:38 PM

I kept avoiding this thread, and come to find out, all we're talking about is bacon. 

#297 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:13 PM

I'd let you write books, play ukulele and make bacon, after we'd moved to our Swedish cider orchard and accompanying cottage, of course. Love me some cottaging.

Final comment aside, I knew I should have married you. Sigh.

I kept avoiding this thread, and come to find out, all we're talking about is bacon.

I made Dave bring it back because it always devolves into hilarity and people acting like morons.

#298 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:29 PM

Final comment aside, I knew I should have married you. Sigh.
I made Dave bring it back because it always devolves into hilarity and people acting like morons.

Ho hum. It's never too late though. ;) How's Friday for you? (I suspect you may change your mind about that when I get down there permanently, however. :p)

Dave indeed... YOU'RE Dave!

#299 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:35 PM

Immediately after seeing this picture I thought you were a mirror image of Michelle Pfeiffer, who played Selina Kyle in Batman Returns. 

UKKrc4G.jpg

Please don't be offended. 'You' are carrying coffee -- I like coffee.

Also, I'm glad you picked a 90's feminist to imitate as modern day feminism is a joke. #VAGPOWER

hahaha i look nothing like her!!

ehh feminism as a whole is a joke tbh xD they supposedly stand for equality yet they completely contradict themselves and belittle men lol just another little masquerade created by the unseen world leaders to separate and isolate everyone so its easier to brainwash the public

#300 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2016 - 12:00 AM

Here I am in all my RAGING MODERN FEMINIST GLORY in a bathroom at a rave

13224091_10153989367886418_424912189_o_z

The only joke here is calling an entire movement that has strived to create social, economic, personal and political equality a JOKE. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I hope no one holds the belief that feminism was created by anyone to separate & isolate people? I'm pretty sure that's exactly what traditional patriarchy has done :rolleyes: :rolleyes: smile emoticon
While there are very 'radical' people who label themselves as a feminist you certainly wouldn't label a member of Daesh as a true Muslim would you? :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Do NOT confuse misandry with feminism. :shutup: :shutup: :shutup: :shutup: :shutup:

TYSM TYSM. :cool: :zen:

Hey I totally stand for equality it's just that modern day feminism has been favouriting women way too much and taking shit to unnecessarily extreme levels
If you're going to support one sex's equality, there's no need to put down the other haha like I said, they really quite contradict themselves
Not looking to start a fight just simply speaking my opinion don't want to force anyone to believe anything I do haha
On the other hand, I totally think we could be rave buddies if we put our views on feminism behind us :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users