• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:20 PM

Here's the winners! Congrats to all who won and well done to all who entered!

1st Place goes to:

@MC10 and @Hummingway

28a6hcx.jpg

2nd Place goes to:

@Liesa and @Maha

24br8t0.jpg

1st placed pair (@MC10 and @Hummingway) gets to pick a prize set first from the prize pool, followed by the 2nd placed winners.

Prize Pool:

babypaintbrush.gifplu_krawk_pirate_magical.gif

Baby Paint Brush and Magical Pirate Krawk Plushie (donated by stuuf)

babypaintbrush.gifbabypaintbrush.gif

x2 Baby Paint Brushes (donated by Stuck)

gif_bag_of_neopoints.gifgif_bag_of_neopoints.gif

x2 500k NP (donated by Napiform)

#2 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:24 PM

Well that was actually unexpected... I'll talk to @Hummingway :).

Edited by MC10, 12 April 2014 - 11:24 PM.

#3 Florg

Florg
  • 711 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:26 PM

Congrats to the winners ;) lol

#4 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:40 PM

god knows how many people i PM'd to get the votes untied. sorry guys! it sure was a close one!

Well that was actually unexpected... I'll talk to @Hummingway :).

ok. :D mind sharing with us how you guys collaborated?

#5 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:37 AM

Bleh, seriously wish we had more entries..

@Liesa and @Stuck  

We put up our progress pictures? I'll do it soon if you'd like them up.

Edited by Maha, 13 April 2014 - 12:49 AM.

#6 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:03 AM

god knows how many people i PM'd to get the votes untied. sorry guys! it sure was a close one!

ok. :D mind sharing with us how you guys collaborated?

Hummingway came up with the creative idea of using yin yang and I thought it was great. I found a random picture online to use as the outline. I tried to make my part represent digital art with the PS logo and tools, and I just used z-design's tech brushes for the background. Hummingway's part was supposed to represent more traditional art with the brush and the canvas-y background. She wanted to keep it simple because she said anything more complex didn't look good. So yeah we combined the two halves and that's about it, nothing too complex here.

I'd love to hear how the other entry was made as well with it's 28mb glory :).

#7 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:55 AM

Hummingway came up with the creative idea of using yin yang and I thought it was great. I found a random picture online to use as the outline. I tried to make my part represent digital art with the PS logo and tools, and I just used z-design's tech brushes for the background. Hummingway's part was supposed to represent more traditional art with the brush and the canvas-y background. She wanted to keep it simple because she said anything more complex didn't look good. So yeah we combined the two halves and that's about it, nothing too complex here.

I'd love to hear how the other entry was made as well with it's 28mb glory :).

Simplicity almos at its best. Haha. Great work. I'll get ours ready soon to show.

So @Liesa and I got in contact with each other via a status *oops* and we decided we would start. I'm sure we felt the Collaboration part of the SOTW was freestyle without thinking the Theme itself could have been collaboration based, not actually collaborated, the Post description was clear we needed to collaborate with someone, if I'd have thought of the theme the way @MC10 and @Hummingway did I'm sure we'd have come up with something different.

I asked for Liesa to start and this was the basis of the signature:

33xfwqu.jpg

I had a few ideas straight off and set to work by trying a few things, from what I could do it would have been minor changes, simple and would have looked fairly similar to Liesa's first part. After maybe a few 20 minute sessions or so throughout a few days we ended up boiling to choosing to go with or without text, the text was pretty great in my opinion thanks to Liesa (my text usually sucks) and she felt it was a stronger piece without it...

Here is a sample of what it could have looked like if we'd used text in the entry: 

2a7yjd4.jpg

Though we decided against it in the end..

Below is basically an animation of each layer, I couldn't remember exactly which order we worked on them but I tried my best to replicate the layers (too bad I couldn't get my screen recording software to work...)

1zp2pg2.jpg

Not sure exactly what else to say apart from we had a few options at the end to submit but I'm glad we submitted what we did. 

Liesa can say some words on the first part of the collaboration if she'd like. 

Also @MC10 a lot of the extra size in the PSD file ended up coming from a lot of higher res images I used (gotta love em) xD... 

#8 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:58 AM

Maha explained it better than I ever could :)

I really enjoyed this theme and collaborating with someone. I had never done it before and definitely learned many things ^^

#9 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:33 AM

Congrats to the winner and good job both entrants! 

I wish there had been more entries but I can't say I am surprised, the theme was tough this week.

#10 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:47 AM

Bleh, seriously wish we had more entries..

Congrats to the winner and good job both entrants! 

I wish there had been more entries but I can't say I am surprised, the theme was tough this week.

me too! but i know it's a rather time-consuming theme this time so during the last 2-3 days i know i won't get anymore entries lol. i did PM a couple of past entrants though to enter but they're all too busy. pfft, excuses. :p

Spoiler

Spoiler

thanks for sharing guys! :D 

#11 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:18 AM

Congrats!

I get DJMax vibes from this! Definitely one of my favourite SOTW entries in a while  ^_^

jb0qy4jYb6bEDC.png

#12 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

Both entries were awesome! Congrats to the winners, but to be honest all 4 of you are amazing! I wish I had half the skills you guys have :) 

#13 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:42 PM

Nice tags grats.  

#14 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:48 PM

I guess we'll go with the Baby Paint Brush and Magical Pirate Krawk Plushie. I'll then see how to split it with Hummingway when she gets back on.

#15 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:51 PM

I guess we'll go with the Baby Paint Brush and Magical Pirate Krawk Plushie. I'll then see how to split it with Hummingway when she gets back on.

alrighty. :D don't forget to PM @stuuf. ^_^ now its @Liesa's and @Maha's turn to pick their prizes.

#16 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:09 AM

I leave the honors to @Maha :) Since he did most of the work.

#17 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:35 AM

I leave the honors to @Maha :) Since he did most of the work.

Well I reckon @Liesa can have both prizes and choose, I'm sure she'll want both Baby Paint brushes though :p

@Stuck

#18 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:37 AM

I'm going to go ahead and give the 500k to @MC10 and @Hummingway for 1st place in addition to the prize they chose so we can start fresh with prizes next week. I hate keeping track of prizes over time.

#19 Hummingway

Hummingway
  • 433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:37 AM

I'm so sorry I haven't been online! Its great to hear about this when I come back to the forums! :) Both entries were, I must say, FANTASTIC and its great that both will get a prize to show for it!

EDIT: Oh wow, thats so generous of you Napi, thank you! :)

Edited by Hummingway, 14 April 2014 - 06:39 AM.

#20 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:42 AM

I'm going to go ahead and give the 500k to @MC10 and @Hummingway for 1st place in addition to the prize they chose so we can start fresh with prizes next week. I hate keeping track of prizes over time.

Well I pledge to donate 10 million NP's to be used, but only when I end up being chosen to run a SOTW :p lol 

You guys still choose who runs or do we have to Win a SOTW to do that? xD?

#21 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:50 AM

Well I pledge to donate 10 million NP's to be used, but only when I end up being chosen to run a SOTW :p lol 

You guys still choose who runs or do we have to Win a SOTW to do that? xD?

Nope, the winner of the week gets to host :p

#22 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:54 AM

Nope, the winner of the week gets to host :p

Well then... :3 I'll just have to work harder to manage a Win and put 10 mill into the Prizes xD

#23 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

Well I reckon @Liesa can have both prizes and choose, I'm sure she'll want both Baby Paint brushes though :p

@Stuck

i've sent the baby pbs to @Liesa. ^_^

thanks for the donation again, @Napiform. :)

now that prize awarding has finished, time for new SOTW! :x3:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sotw, collaboration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users