• Please log in to reply
685 replies to this topic

#26 Speedracer

Speedracer
  • The Triforce of Herp

• 771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

I use an online program called Fitocracy and it also has a mobile app. Helps me to keep track of all my workouts along with giving me points.

I love Fitocracy very useful, although it can be difficult to track if you aren't familiar with exercise names

#27 Psyduck

Psyduck
  • 431 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

I love Fitocracy very useful, although it can be difficult to track if you aren't familiar with exercise names

Haha I def agree with that. There are a lot of military workouts that I do, that I can't log properly, so I'm not getting a fair amount of points XD

Such as this morning, we did a ruck march which is basically carrying a 50 lb backpack for 5 miles and had to be completed under 1 hr 30 mins. Sadly Fitocracy doesn't have ruck march has one of the exercises

#28 Speedracer

Speedracer
  • The Triforce of Herp

• 771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

Haha I def agree with that. There are a lot of military workouts that I do, that I can't log properly, so I'm not getting a fair amount of points XD

Such as this morning, we did a ruck march which is basically carrying a 50 lb backpack for 5 miles and had to be completed under 1 hr 30 mins. Sadly Fitocracy doesn't have ruck march has one of the exercises

I just put it as whatever is closest, you could probably track it as hiking I believe you can put how much your pack is.

#29 Psyduck

Psyduck
  • 431 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

Ah it ended up just being a very long walk for me. I had no problem going with that, cause realistically it was just a really long walk today

#30 rapmasterme

rapmasterme
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

Maybe I am just stupid, but how old does the account have to be?

#31 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

Maybe I am just stupid, but how old does the account have to be?

How old does it have to be for what?

#32 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:41 AM

If anyone wants any help meal planning, I'll gladly help. 

My meal plans tend to be eat for life, rather than quick cuts, but they're all easy to cook, and I'll probably be blogging my meals as well. 

One thing I do like to do is make my own ready meals. There's nothing worse when you're dieting than having nothing to eat (and that's when the binging comes in!) 

#33 Psyduck

Psyduck
  • 431 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:26 AM

I will be posting some workout ideas for people who are just nervous to PM me. These workouts are what I send out to people who have PM me, but will remain anonymous :)

"Ok how often do you currently workout, and how often do you go out for runs or conduct some sort of cardiovascular exercise? These are all important, because if your only looking to lose roughly 15 lbs or so, then cardiovascular exercises are your best bet at this moment. Running helps to lose a lot of the belly fat, and swimming helps to tone up fatter spots on the body. Different types of running (i.e trails, sprints, shuttles) help to burn out specific spots and to build your endurance. Different strokes swimming (i.e breast, free, butterfly) help to also reduce fatty spots all while helping to tone your body at a more natural pace. 

My best advice if you have not started to run is to slowly start a walk-run. This basically is where you go out and jog for about 3-4 minutes, then walk for an equal amount of time that you jogged. Start slowly, only going for about 15-20 minutes, and slowly build up from there. If you are already somewhat running, go for little jogs and slowly start to go further and further each day. Yes, you shouldn't be running every single day of the week. Depending on your health situations, run as much as you feel that your body can handle. DO NOT PUSH YOURSELF TO THE POINT WHERE THE FIRST DAY YOU RUN 10 MILES, THEN THE NEXT DAY YOU HAVE SHIN SPLITS!  Take your time, and run at an easy pace, controlling your breathing and relaxing."

Edited by Psyduck, 15 April 2014 - 08:29 AM.

#34 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:41 AM

First post has been updated with resources posted so far!

I've already got a few people signed up! Looking forward to seeing the list grow this week :D

#35 Jam

Jam
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

I plan on entering for sure. I just need to figure out where I can weigh myself or buy a scale x)

Edited by Jam, 15 April 2014 - 11:52 AM.

#36 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

I plan on entering for sure. I just need to figure out where I can weigh myself or buy a scale x)

wal-mart, neighbor, mom, dad, friend? :p

#37 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

wal-mart, neighbor, mom, dad, friend? :p

My walmart has all their scales in boxes now. It used to be that I could just weigh myself, but the last time I tried, I ended up buying a scale cause they said they only had ones in boxes.

#38 Jam

Jam
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

I recently moved to a new city and I'm on my own. There are no department stores nearby. My best bet is either Winners (but that'll have to wait until my fever goes away) or the rec centre down the street. I'll figure it out because I don't want to miss out on this! ^^

#39 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

I recently moved to a new city and I'm on my own. There are no department stores nearby. My best bet is either Winners (but that'll have to wait until my fever goes away) or the rec centre down the street. I'll figure it out because I don't want to miss out on this! ^^

Well you have until Sunday. Get some rest so you can compete at your full potential :)

#40 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

4 DAYS LEFT TO SIGN UP!

DON'T BE SHY! WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER! EVERYBODY WINS!

Edited by Rocket, 16 April 2014 - 12:40 PM.

#41 Psyduck

Psyduck
  • 431 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

Yeah I just went there :)

#42 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

Yeah I just went there :)

Now it's going to be stuck in my head thanks

#43 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

@Rocket, will this be a one time competition or there will be more "seasons"? xD

#44 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

@Rocket, will this be a one time competition or there will be more "seasons"? xD

I guess it depends on the outcome and if everyone who joins actually does this til the end.

#45 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

I guess it depends on the outcome and if everyone who joins actually does this til the end.

I have commitment issues.

#46 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:18 AM

I have commitment issues.

you can dooo eeet!

I'VE ALREADY LOST 2 LBS SINCE MY INITIAL WEIGH IN! WHERE'S MY COMPETITION YO??? I'VE GOT 3 PEOPLE! WE'RE ALL GONNA BE NEO-MILLIONAIRES IF NO ONE ELSE SIGNS UP! 

edit: I had a really good poop this morning awwyeaaaa

NP POT AT 30M! UPDATED FIRST POST! WOOOO!!

Edited by Rocket, 17 April 2014 - 08:23 AM.

#47 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:57 AM

I don't need to lose weight by any means, but I do need to work out and eat better. I'd be more then happy to participate if not just to support others and chat about meal plans and workouts, if its allowed :)

Edited by Kat, 17 April 2014 - 08:58 AM.

#48 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:10 AM

I don't need to lose weight by any means, but I do need to work out and eat better. I'd be more then happy to participate if not just to support others and chat about meal plans and workouts, if its allowed :)

PM'd you :)

#49 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

Yo bitches, I don't play neopets so have no interest in that shit. Anyway I can donate some cold, hard cash to get you lot out running?

#50 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

Finally got my pic sent in. Now comes the challenging part, actually working out! *pumps fist*

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: biggest loser, weight loss, teamwork

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users