• Please log in to reply
685 replies to this topic

#76 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:14 AM

One of the things I used to use was Sparkpeople. It's free, unless you want the droid app. You can track food, exercise, water intake and pretty much every healthy thing you can think of. It also has a map where you can trace the route you walk/run and it tells you how far you went.

Yeah sparkpeople was good when I used it a few years ago, but It just isn't as good for me these days, @Napiform ... I used to get spam emails from them though, so that probably pushed me away from using them.

I did share a link for Fitstar which is amazing, it even syncs with myfitnesspal whcih is great, I suggest fitocracy's macro tracker. @Kate you should join in too :o?

#77 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:15 AM

And now since I'm going to be gone most of the day I've started prepping my lunches for the week. I made lime-cilantro chicken salad.
Spoiler

Looks good, but don't you get sick of eating the same thing every day for a week? I've been living off of salads, smoothies, and stuff, but I have to switch it up each day or else I'll get bored and give into my cravings.

Plus, won't the lettuce and avocado get sort of nasty by the end of the week?

IN OTHER NEWS I BOUGHT A BIKE THIS WEEKEND! ^_^

edit: picture in spoiler :D

Spoiler

Ooh, I really want to get a bike. Maybe I should look into getting something used.

Edited by Trichomes, 21 April 2014 - 06:18 AM.

#78 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:17 AM

Looks good, but don't you get sick of eating the same thing every day for a week? I've been living off of salads, smoothies, and stuff, but I have to switch it up each day or else I'll get bored and give into my cravings.

Ooh, I really want to get a bike. Maybe I should look into getting something used.

I'd love a real bike, but sadly I've purchased 3 only to have them all stolen. Which is why we have an exercise bike, but it is a definite bore. lol

#79 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:28 AM

Yeah sparkpeople was good when I used it a few years ago, but It just isn't as good for me these days, @Napiform ... I used to get spam emails from them though, so that probably pushed me away from using them.

I did share a link for Fitstar which is amazing, it even syncs with myfitnesspal whcih is great, I suggest fitocracy's macro tracker. @Kate you should join in too :o?

They added in a thing to turn off all emails from them. I did that.

#80 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:56 AM

People be like planning huge workout and eating schedules while I sob at the thought of not eating ice cream at night anymore.

A few month ago I stumbled upon a food blog dedicated only to diet desserts you can eat EVERYDAY. (and it actually didn't seem like bullshit to me) :o

Let me see if I can find it.

A box of one liter of ice cream in my house don't last longer than one hour. I can eat one of those bastards in a blink of an eye. D:

One good thing about ice creams, they're the best dessert to eat when you're on a sugar craving, specially those ones made with natural non sugared yogurt are very low in fat and calories. There's a small market near my house that has the most amazing ice cream: natural non sugared yogurt and berries. Goddammit I want it now. :crybaby:

Edit: I'd like to note that I think you are all awesome and amazing for doing this and I am really excited for each and every one of you :p

This. So very damn much.

I just hope this will attract and it will able to maintain enough people interested so we can have, not only this, but other competitions. I really want to make part of it. And mostly important, I'm in desperate need to lose weight. D:

#81 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:59 AM

FIRST POST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH ENTRANTS! GOOD LUCK TO THOSE OF US COMPETING! 

2lmtq43.jpg

#82 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:02 AM

One of the things I used to use was Sparkpeople. It's free, unless you want the droid app. You can track food, exercise, water intake and pretty much every healthy thing you can think of. It also has a map where you can trace the route you walk/run and it tells you how far you went.

I use Sparkpeople!  The iPhone app is free now, not sure about the droid app though.

#83 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:06 AM

Plus, won't the lettuce and avocado get sort of nasty by the end of the week?

i keep everything tightly sealed in containers and haven't had a problem with lettuce getting nasty. I usually add avocado the same day/day before because that does tend to get mushy. That's only my lunch, I only have a 30 minute lunch break so something easy and fast is what I look forward to. I also change up the taste a bit with dressings. I'll probably alternate different things for lunch as time goes on, but for the first week this will be a good start.

I got mine used for $50.00 and it's in great condition! I'm looking forward to biking to/from work (total 3 miles each day) once it stops raining.

Added Sparkpeople to resources!

#84 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:07 AM

Aaaah, I found it. Here it is. I see now that is mainly focused on chocolate, what's even better! :p

I used to have a really big book of healthy recipes, desserts included. I'll look for it and if I find it I'll share some of it, if I'm allowed to. @Rocket  :rolleyes:

#85 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:08 AM

Aaaah, I found it. Here it is. I see now that is mainly focused on chocolate, what's even better! :p

I used to have a really big book of healthy recipes, desserts included. I'll look for it and if I find it I'll share some of it, if I'm allowed to. @Rocket  :rolleyes:

Awesome! Yes you can post anything helpful here! :D

#86 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:08 AM

I just did my first post-marathon run and now I am going to collapse and die. I can feel my knees a lot more than I enjoy.

Actually I'm going to shower, then type up a whole bunch of recipes like I promised. Sorry for the slacking there kids, it's been an intense 4 day weekend in our house.

#87 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:28 AM

:3 Let's do this!

I want to feel good in my skin again >.< And mainly lose some weight of my hips..

Anyone have some tips for that? 

#88 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:32 AM

My goals for these 12 weeks:

Lose 25 lbs - I'm aiming for 2lbs a week

Tone - my tummy is the worst it's ever been (I've gained so much weight I've got nasty stretch marks and not afraid to admit it), my ass and thighs.

Learn - learn from others on what to do to keep this up after 12 weeks.

Exercise  - For weeks 1/2 I'm aiming at going outside to walk/bike ride 4 times a week to start (10-12 miles) and go up from there.

i'm day 9 of no soda (this is a huge deal for me) and I've already lost 3lbs since I quit consuming it (my official weigh in was yesterday though)

#89 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:40 AM

My goals for these 12 weeks:

Lose 25 lbs - I'm aiming for 2lbs a week

Tone - my tummy is the worst it's ever been (I've gained so much weight I've got nasty stretch marks and not afraid to admit it), my ass and thighs.

Learn - learn from others on what to do to keep this up after 12 weeks.

Exercise  - For weeks 1/2 I'm aiming at going outside to walk/bike ride 4 times a week to start (10-12 miles) and go up from there.

i'm day 9 of no soda (this is a huge deal for me) and I've already lost 3lbs since I quit consuming it (my official weigh in was yesterday though)

^^^

I need to find a way to keep it up too after we're done. And I agree on the soda :/ I need to quit and replace it with water, that would probably make a big change..

#90 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

^^^

I need to find a way to keep it up too after we're done. And I agree on the soda :/ I need to quit and replace it with water, that would probably make a big change..

I was really worried that I would go through (caffeine) withdrawals, considering I would have 2 cokes a day + my coffee in the morning. But surprisingly I've been good. I have 1 cup of coffee in the morning and then water the rest of the day.

#91 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:47 AM

^^^

If you want to ease into it, start drinking seltzer, then switch to flavored water, and eventually regular water.

#92 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:56 AM

This site @Fat posted it seems very resourceful. Consider adding it to the OP, @Rocket? Every bit help is huge in times like this. :p

Years ago, when I had my very first real diet, I had to ban all those caned/bottled massive sugared juices we buy at stores, most of them falsely labelled as "diet", and I substituted them with natural orange juice.
My kids love orange juice (it helps we have an orange tree in our garden :p). Even when the fruit is not particularly sweet, we add a btsp of natural honey (which is a way better option than sugar. To everything!). :)

Edited by athayde, 21 April 2014 - 07:56 AM.

#93 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:05 AM

This site @Fat posted it seems very resourceful. Consider adding it to the OP, @Rocket? Every bit help is huge in times like this. :p

Done ^_^ Also I've *gasp* actually got work to do that is pressing D: I'll be in/out today.

#94 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

Thank you!

Think your work as a part of your Codex routine, and not vice-versa. It will help, I guarantee.  :whistling: 

#95 Speedracer

Speedracer
  • The Triforce of Herp

• 771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:18 AM

This is a workout routine that I use at home to keep me active that doesn't require any equipment:
(I'm assuming that most people here are 'gamers', but if not you can adapt to something else)

When gaming set-up a list of events that happen in the game and then pair them with an exercise that you have to complete before you can continue playing.

For example:

Neopets Battledome

Spoiler

AB'ing

Spoiler

Sports games

Spoiler

Shooters
Spoiler

The general idea being that you take an activity that is typically sedentary and make it active. Exercises can obviously be changed based on personal preference, but you want to keep the hard activities assigned to the negative game results that way you also push yourself to become better at the game so you don't have to workout as much :)

#96 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:22 AM

I use Sparkpeople!  The iPhone app is free now, not sure about the droid app though.

The droid app is just a couple dollars, I think. I bought it with a giftcard, so I didn't pay a lot of attention.

#97 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:28 AM

I really shouldn't have gone out to breakfast this morning. The pancakes, whipped cream, and hot chocolate were too good! Now I must run wildly to burn off all the calories. 

#98 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:33 AM

5 crunches for every low profit item

2 squats for every item missed
8 push-ups for UB missed
4 push-ups for UB bought
50 burpees when RS banned

I'm gonna doo that :3

But auuuuuwsh on HP day..

#99 Speedracer

Speedracer
  • The Triforce of Herp

• 771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:43 AM

I'm gonna doo that :3

But auuuuuwsh on HP day..

lol well you have about a week and a half to get ready for it

#100 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

lol well you have about a week and a half to get ready for it

:') I have absolutely no muscles..that'll work great.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: biggest loser, weight loss, teamwork

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users