• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

I found some neat ones. Haven't got the time to test them yet, but a few I know for sure works like how I use wordhippo over thesaurus.com all the time because I have trouble remembering the right word to use and it bugs me that thesaurus's search pool is very narrow.

Spoiler

Post more cool mind and body life hacks.

#2 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

Thanks for posting this! I'm gonna try the stretching exercises to help me sleep, the last few nights have been brutal :(

oqhvrb.jpg

#3 Jam

Jam
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:41 PM

Is the 4 minute cardio workout legit? Doesn't sound like it.

#4 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

Is the 4 minute cardio workout legit? Doesn't sound like it.

I wouldn't say it burns more calories than a 30 minute jog, but the routine itself is helpful in being fit. My friend in HS does something similar to this in football training and he says it's a killer if you go all out.

#5 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

Interesting! Thanks for sharing :D I wanna try that peppermint/spearmint in water, I drink entirely too much coffee haha

#6 GKBrendan

GKBrendan
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

The 4 minute cardio workout doesn't work, or I should say it doesn't work well. It's about as effective as water aerobics (which do nothing for you btw).

I am not a personal trainer, but I've played sports my whole life and have tried out a lot of different workouts if you have any questions about how to get the maximum amount of exercise in a short period of time

#7 nelsontan

nelsontan
  • 56 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:09 PM

interesting tips for the studying and photograhic memory. :)

#8 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:48 PM

c38b67a7d41ee17d7fcbb9bfbf47e352.jpg

I've never used it but if this program actually exists, I'll be using it in the fall for school.

#9 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

c38b67a7d41ee17d7fcbb9bfbf47e352.jpg

I've never used it but if this program actually exists, I'll be using it in the fall for school.

Firefox used to have an extension (not sure if it still exists) that would let you decide the maximum time you could spend on various websites over the course of a day. For example, I was able to say I would spend a max of 15 minutes on facebook daily during the week (M-F) and I set a bunch of other websites like twitter and pinterest on a list. Then I set it so I could only spend a total of 1 hour on anything from the list. Its really quite practical if you're like me and you tend to procrastinate online BUT be careful with what you block because you might end up blocking a site you really need for homework/research/etc. 

#10 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

tumblr_n5qe2hCkjG1sa4vz3o1_500.png

Posting this if it will help anyone! I get horrible migraines and have prescribed medication but maybe this will help one of you during the AC ;) 

#11 acrossthesky

acrossthesky
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

Social Fixer is a pretty good browser extension that you can use to clean up a lot of the crap you don't want to see on Facebook.

I like it because I can also limit how many posts it shows, so instead of scrolling continuously, it'll just stop after 15 posts, and I'll be like, "Well. Guess I'm going back to work."

#12 Glitter

Glitter
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:27 AM

tumblr_n5qe2hCkjG1sa4vz3o1_500.png

Posting this if it will help anyone! I get horrible migraines and have prescribed medication but maybe this will help one of you during the AC ;)

I will be trying this one!!!! :D 

#13 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:33 AM

Eat your meals without a drink (e.g. instead of sipping on that cup of coffee, glass of water), shit makes you chew more and that aids digestion of the food.

Kinda sucks for soups though.

#14 bearlord

bearlord
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:26 AM

Firefox used to have an extension (not sure if it still exists) that would let you decide the maximum time you could spend on various websites over the course of a day. For example, I was able to say I would spend a max of 15 minutes on facebook daily during the week (M-F) and I set a bunch of other websites like twitter and pinterest on a list. Then I set it so I could only spend a total of 1 hour on anything from the list. Its really quite practical if you're like me and you tend to procrastinate online BUT be careful with what you block because you might end up blocking a site you really need for homework/research/etc.

I hope it blocks neopets too :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users