Best way to price shop?

price pricing shop neopets

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 robo7fish

robo7fish
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

What has everyone found to be the best way to price your shop? Is it necessary to be the lowest on the Shopwiz, lowest for your group, or just the average price? I'm trying to figure out the ideal price for my items to maximize profits since even being the lowest on the Wiz doesn't seem to make some things sell any faster.

#2 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

I usually just set everything to lowest in the shop wizard that I can find. The profit is good enough for me. I manually set prices as well. I'd love to hear what works for other people.

#3 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

I have SSW and typically beat it by a good bit. Unless its ETS, then I just make sure I'm the lowest.

#4 Dita

Dita
  • 51 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

I always beat SSW by 1np and I manual price. :)

#5 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:25 PM

i set my shop pricer setting to lowest. and when they've all been priced, i'd deduct a few thousand nps and end the price with a string of 9's.

Edited by Stuck, 15 April 2014 - 10:26 PM.

#6 rapmasterme

rapmasterme
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

I always just go 1np less than SSW

#7 Maggx

Maggx
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:28 AM

Depends on if you value having the money now, or earning maximum profits.   

If you prefer money now, sell at lowest   

If you want to earn maximum profits, sell at lowest in your group

#8 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:39 AM

I want profit fast, so I set my prices 2-5k lower than I can find on SW. I do it manually.

#9 badpotato32

badpotato32
  • 117 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:45 AM

i do it manually and reduce 500-2k np of the lowest, 

#10 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

I have a really, reeeeaally big shop, so I can't do it manually. :c

I just use the Shop Pricer in the Program Manager. SO USEFUL! <3

#11 robo7fish

robo7fish
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:41 PM

I have a really, reeeeaally big shop, so I can't do it manually. :c

I just use the Shop Pricer in the Program Manager. SO USEFUL! <3

Do you have a mall? I've read that a mall is one of the best way to make consistent profit, but I find it hard to believe that people aren't just using the SW each time they need/want an item.

#12 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:05 AM

Do you have a mall? I've read that a mall is one of the best way to make consistent profit, but I find it hard to believe that people aren't just using the SW each time they need/want an item.

I don't know. xD

What's the minimum size a shop must have to be considered a mall?

#13 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:37 AM

Malls aren't worth the investment. They may have been profitable when more people played, but definitely not anymore.

#14 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:52 AM

Malls aren't worth the investment. They may have been profitable when more people played, but definitely not anymore.

Agreed. Mall shops are usually limited to certain few types of items as well, so less opportunity for profit there.
With less people playing, it also means whoever has their items priced lowest on the shop wiz or SSW are the only ones who will have items consistently bought.
I usually manually price my items and go anywhere from 50-5k NP less than the wiz, depending on the item. If I think the item will be unpopular/not sell very fast (like a Nimmo clothing item or something similar) I'll go down quite a bit lower than the wiz, so it will sell and I can make room for faster selling items in my shop. After I've manually priced everything, if it doesn't sell within a week I will double check the price or just lower it by 10%.
But most times I run the shop pricer because I have no time :p

#15 KleinBucket

KleinBucket
  • 32 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

I price everything 1NP less unless I need it to sell fast.

It's best to price as close as possible, otherwise you're contributing to rampant deflation. If everybody reduces by 1NP, then 1000 people later Baby PB would be worth the same. If everybody deflated by 1k each time, you've now made Baby PB worthless. Congrats!

#16 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:11 PM

Neon AP, reduce 1500 NP. This was the best choice I did since I started cheating.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: price, pricing, shop, neopets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users