159 replies to this topic

#1 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

Hey guys! 

The team thought it would be a good idea to make a suggestion thread (kind of like the one for SOTW) so that you can tell us and other members what kind of contests you would like to see in the future! 

You can suggest any kind of contest including, but not limited to, seasonal contests, game contests, graphics and art contests, writing contests, official contests, and so on. Remember: This includes anything that you and other members would be interested in running too. 

It's always great to throw around ideas, and it can especially help the contest team if we're stuck in a rut. So start putting them out there and if we like them, we might just use them (and give you a shout out for the idea when we do)! 

Thank you! 

#2 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:17 AM

As long as it's nothing too creative. I'm dull and art retarded  :bag:

#3 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:54 AM

uhh i don't have anything to sugest atm but can i ask why @Bulbasaur is the only one hosting the customization contest? it is one of the easiest contests around but the contest happen very seldomly. i suggest he opens up the contest for winners to host.

#4 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:58 AM

uhh i don't have anything to sugest atm but can i ask why @Bulbasaur is the only one hosting the customization contest? it is one of the easiest contests around but the contest happen very seldomly. i suggest he opens up the contest for winners to host.

Because it's his contest. He doesn't have to share if he doesn't want to :p Plus seldom is nice, we don't have an abundance of contests going on simultaneously that intimidate people from participating in one or all. 

Anyway, it's no different than if you started a contest on your own and continued it without opening it to other people, that is entirely your choice :p I think it shows dedication, I like it. It's the kind of consistent contribution we look for in promotions ;)

#5 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:40 AM

Because it's his contest. He doesn't have to share if he doesn't want to :p Plus seldom is nice, we don't have an abundance of contests going on simultaneously that intimidate people from participating in one or all. 
Anyway, it's no different than if you started a contest on your own and continued it without opening it to other people, that is entirely your choice :p I think it shows dedication, I like it. It's the kind of consistent contribution we look for in promotions ;)

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for Ivysaur to either expand the contest to be run by more people or to run it more frequently. Amd there were customization contests before he started doing them. :p

Refusing to do so if there's adequate demand would be more stubborn than dedicated, imo.

#6 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:43 AM

Not a contest suggestion exactly, but I'm interested in running (or at least helping out with) a Secret Santa/holiday gift exchange this year.

#7 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:47 AM

Not a contest suggestion exactly, but I'm interested in running (or at least helping out with) a Secret Santa/holiday gift exchange this year.

That would be awesome. I know there was a lot of interest in a real life gift exchange rather than just neopets stuff. 
We could always do separate ones too, for those who are uncomfortable with a real one.

You could definitely run it if you'd like to :p If not we'd almost definitely host one officially anyway and your help would be greatly appreciated (and needed lol)

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for Ivysaur to either expand the contest to be run by more people or to run it more frequently. Amd there were customization contests before he started doing them. :p

Refusing to do so if there's adequate demand would be more stubborn than dedicated, imo.

Yeah, I didn't really think of it that way lol
I guess that's something that @Bulbasaur would need to address, if there was enough interest of course. 

#8 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:53 AM

I might be interested in an award contest :) So we can make some awards for contests in the future, SOTW,.. and vote for the best?

I've never tried pixeling but it looks fun ^^

#9 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:56 AM

That would be awesome. I know there was a lot of interest in a real life gift exchange rather than just neopets stuff. 
We could always do separate ones too, for those who are uncomfortable with a real one.

You could definitely run it if you'd like to :p If not we'd almost definitely host one officially anyway and your help would be greatly appreciated (and needed lol)

Yeah, anyone who participates in either a real life or Neopets gift exchange will obviously have to feel comfortable disclosing their address or username, so it might not be a bad idea to have staff involved for that reason.

I do have a little bit of experience with the gift exchanges on Reddit, which are a lot of fun, so I do have some idea how this should be set up in order to run smoothly (and ensure everyone who signs up gets something).

#10 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:58 AM

Yeah, anyone who participates in either a real life or Neopets gift exchange will obviously have to feel comfortable disclosing their address or username, so it might not be a bad idea to have staff involved for that reason.

I do have a little bit of experience with the gift exchanges on Reddit, which are a lot of fun, so I do have some idea how this should be set up in order to run smoothly (and ensure everyone who signs up gets something).

That's good, because I personally haven't got a clue.

#11 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:00 AM

OR since you got screwed over by the reddit exchanges so many times you're going to have everyone end their gifts to you and keep them all.

If you're going to plot to steal from everyone, at least come up with a a better plan.

#12 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:05 AM

OR since you got screwed over by the reddit exchanges so many times you're going to have everyone end their gifts to you and keep them all.

If you're going to plot to steal from everyone, at least come up with a a better plan.

Hahaha.

For the record, I only got screwed over once. My other matches spoiled me rotten. You're going to scare everyone away from participating in my gift exchange already!

#13 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:17 AM

Hahaha.

For the record, I only got screwed over once. My other matches spoiled me rotten. You're going to scare everyone away from participating in my gift exchange already!

I'm kidding, obviously. I wouldn't jeopardize my chance to send whoever I get matched with a basket full of spiders or something.

#14 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:49 AM

I woud like a Battle Royale of some sort. No Hunger Games, though. Hunger Games are for chumps.

#15 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:03 AM

I want @Yung's battle contest to come back, I really enjoyed it. Perhaps scale it down though.

#16 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:08 AM

I want @Yung's battle contest to come back, I really enjoyed it. Perhaps scale it down though.

You're probably the only person on the face of the internet that feels this way lol

#17 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:56 AM

Considering it is a really fun game that is used on forums such as Galaxy Legion Forum I am inclined to feel she's not the only one.

#18 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

--King of the Hill (without all those shit rules)

--testimonial contest 

--Neopets screenshot scavenger hunt 

--Neopets non-sexual fanfic

--Guess the diagnosis (post a new symptom the patient is having and people get one guess per day, winner is whoever guesses right)

--murder mystery (have you ever done this irl? It would take a lot of scripting on the organizer's part though)

--Christmas Card Competition

--Codex Rap/jingle

--neopets joke competition

--gourmet food; ie, making a food based off a neopets gourmet food + recipe with pics

--Codex Comic Strip

#19 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

Ok, ok, I'll run a photography contest. Sheesh.
Stop trying to force me! I give IN ALREADY!

#20 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

--gourmet food; ie, making a food based off a neopets gourmet food + recipe with pics

We were thinking of having a "Random Contest" like on Neo and I feel like this would fit perfectly as a theme for that some time.

#21 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

I really want another scavenger hunt, I'm bummed that I was too shy last time and only a lurker.

#22 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:11 AM

@Bone

I'm not opposed to allowing other people to run the Customization Contest. No one aside from @Keil has ever shown interest in hosting one.

I set it up with the intention of it running like the SoTW.

I'll be setting up another one soon though.

#23 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:11 AM

I really want another scavenger hunt, I'm bummed that I was too shy last time and only a lurker.

@Scot will be away for basic training for a few months, so someone else would have to organize/host it, but I think lots of people would love to do it again.

#24 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:12 AM

@Scot will be away for basic training for a few months, so someone else would have to organize/host it, but I think lots of people would love to do it again.

Yea I heard, it would be cool if someone else took over. I think it should be made semi-annual (depending on peoples schedules).

#25 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:13 AM

Ok, ok, I'll run a photography contest. Sheesh.
Stop trying to force me! I give IN ALREADY!

Please do it.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contests, suggestions, ideas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users