contests suggestions ideas

159 replies to this topic

#126 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:28 PM

Similar to the assassination there's Mafia, I used to play it and it's funny too. :p

I could host the first one. :rolleyes:

I just want more bloodbath and have everyone working on my commands like little pawns.

There's also Werewolves, based on a cardgame. I think it's similar to Mafia (but not sure). But it's great fun as well :)

I'd love a music talent contest. I don't know if there's enough musicians here though.

I honestly think it's a good idea. I know an Idols-style competition was suggested here earlier as a joke (and I also responded to that) but I do think an actual talent competition would be great. But it would probably have to be something like an annual or semi-annual thing to maintain interest.

#127 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:35 PM

There's also Werewolves, based on a cardgame. I think it's similar to Mafia (but not sure). But it's great fun as well :)

That one I don't know.

We should put these shows on the road. Apparently we're not the only ones with a taste for blood. :p

#128 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:52 PM

I'd love a music talent contest. I don't know if there's enough musicians here though.

Anyone could mess with many of the music making programs out there. I would love to try it out again sometime. :)

#129 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:02 PM

Anyone could mess with many of the music making programs out there. I would love to try it out again sometime. :)

Well, I was talking about an instrument music talent :p

#130 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:22 PM

What about an Haiku (Small Poetry) themed contest? Sounds funs :)

#131 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:42 PM

I was going through some stuff on StumbleUpon when I found a video that was called something like "draw that scribble", where someone would draw a few random lines (nothing too confusing) and the other person would draw something from those lines.

I think that'd be a fun contest. I want to start it, so I'm posting this here so I don't forget about it :p

#132 Wynd

Wynd
  • 397 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:16 PM

I'd made a suggestion a while about for that: ^ http://www.neocodex....8-contest-idea/

:o

Edited by Windies, 15 February 2016 - 07:16 PM.

#133 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:26 PM

I'd made a suggestion a while about for that: ^ http://www.neocodex....8-contest-idea/

:o

Oh, I knew I had seen that here before! But I was thinking about going with something less scrible-y, like this:
https://youtu.be/vP_Ka_pS3Vs
With maybe a few more lines, of course :p

Either way, we should totally make that happen!

#134 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:51 AM

Contest- Nouns!

Eg.

Theme-

1- Scissors

2- Car

Rules

- draw one picture of the two given nouns

- dont steal ideas

- be creative.

so, for this particular example an entry could be- a car made out of scissors, a pair of scissors made out of cars, a car that is half/part scissors, a pair of scissors that is half/part car. etc... 

the contest wouldn't accept entries that present both nouns acting independantly. For example- a car being chopped by a pair of scissors, or a pair of scissors being run over by a car.

does that make sense?

Winner is decided by voting for a favorite.

I think this would be a fun idea for our creative and artistic members.

Thoughts?

#135 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:05 AM

Contest- Nouns!

Eg.

Theme-

1- Scissors

2- Car

Rules

- draw one picture of the two given nouns

- dont steal ideas

- be creative.

so, for this particular example an entry could be- a car made out of scissors, a pair of scissors made out of cars, a car that is half/part scissors, a pair of scissors that is half/part car. etc... 

the contest wouldn't accept entries that present both nouns acting independantly. For example- a car being chopped by a pair of scissors, or a pair of scissors being run over by a car.

does that make sense?

Winner is decided by voting for a favorite.

I think this would be a fun idea for our creative and artistic members.

Thoughts?

love it !! but handmade and digital or just handmade?

#136 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:17 PM

i personally love to play just handmade, but it could work digitally.... maybe it could be specified at the beginning of each contest which kind of entries are accepted? 

Glad you like it :)

#137 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:46 PM

An acronym contest. The host comes up with a random acronym and people have to think of funny/clever/whatever sentences/expressions for the acronyms. But only original, no copies from urbandictionary. Even if it's a know acronym, like WTF, you have to come up with a new thing.

#138 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:59 PM

An acronym contest. The host comes up with a random acronym and people have to think of funny/clever/whatever sentences/expressions for the acronyms. But only original, no copies from urbandictionary. Even if it's a know acronym, like WTF, you have to come up with a new thing.

Uh that sounds awesome af.

#139 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:12 PM

Uh that sounds awesome af.

I was thinking about it during an embriology class. My teacher was talking about a med show called ER, and I was thinking about how I know a lot of English acronyms and how I like to come up with my own sentences to try to guess or just be funny.

Yeah, I wasn't really paying attention xD

#140 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:24 PM

When I'm driving down the interstate I do this with license plates. Ours in my state are typically 3 letters and 3 numbers so if I'm stuck on traffic I make up words. I'm stupid OK

#141 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:26 PM

When I'm driving down the interstate I do this with license plates. Ours in my state are typically 3 letters and 3 numbers so if I'm stuck on traffic I make up words. I'm stupid OK

I do that too, but here we have 3 letters followed by 4 numbers. I use the letters as acronyms and with the number I do a bunch of different equations to try to end with a multiple of 10. I'm stupid.

#142 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:48 PM

i personally love to play just handmade, but it could work digitally.... maybe it could be specified at the beginning of each contest which kind of entries are accepted? 

Glad you like it :)

I don't think it would really matter, so long as you require the entries to be made from scratch rather than photomanipulations. Plenty of art contests allow both digital and traditional media.

#143 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:03 PM

I just had an idea for a shitty gfx contest I think that could be fun

#144 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:38 PM

Gays farting xylophones?

Or are we not doing the acronym game still...

#145 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:47 PM

I'm pretty sure you have several willing participants if you ever got around to actually making it

#146 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:57 PM

you've suggested this for at least 125356th time now...

#147 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:06 PM

I'm pretty sure you have several willing participants if you ever got around to actually making it

shhhh, after friday your dreams will come true.

#148 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:24 PM

alright alright, get off my back! :)

#149 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:27 AM

A shitty neopets cosplay competition? I remember the neo subreddit had one a few years back and it was pretty fun.

#150 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2016 - 06:32 AM

Tinychat Mad Libs Madness

People sign up in advance and complete mad libs sheets. Then, all players go to tinychat. Players will have to hold water in their mouth, as the host reads the mad libs sheets, and the person to laugh/spit out least amount of water wins. 

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contests, suggestions, ideas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users