rare item trade help

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 DasBear

DasBear
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:30 AM

So, I started playing Neopets after a very upseting break-in to my account and virtually lost everything. Today, I was doing my dailies and BAM! I noticed a new item in my inventory. Odd, I didn't buy anything or won anything. Must have been a random event. I go to look up the value of the item and nothing comes up on shop wizard. Huh, do this 6 more times and still nothing. So I check it out on the item database and nearly faint.

Magical Carrot Chia Pop: 24,939,733 NP

Now, because of my crumby experience in the past. I'm nervous to trade it on my own...I wish someone would take it off my hands for some Neopoints and some Paint Brushes. ;_;

#2 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:42 AM

They're being released a lot more frequently via random event so the price has deflated a significant amount.
I don't know that the price in the DB is accurate anymore. 

#3 DasBear

DasBear
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:55 AM

They're being released a lot more frequently via random event so the price has deflated a significant amount.
I don't know that the price in the DB is accurate anymore. 

Nooooo! I've been checking constantly to see if anyone has sold any and nada! How bad is it? *weeps silently*

I meant this specific one in general. I heard something about magical chia pops going down in price, but I was hoping that this one I own hasn't dropped in value yet.

Edited by DasBear, 23 April 2014 - 05:57 AM.

#4 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:59 AM

They all have. I haven't got a clue how much it's dropped unfortunately. I just know they are being given out willy-nilly.

#5 DasBear

DasBear
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:02 AM

They all have. I haven't got a clue how much it's dropped unfortunately. I just know they are being given out willy-nilly.

*Cries more*  So, any advice to share on how to gain a small profit before the prices go rock bottom? I was thinking of doing a trade. Think its still worth....800k or is that too much?

#6 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:13 AM

*Cries more*  So, any advice to share on how to gain a small profit before the prices go rock bottom? I was thinking of doing a trade. Think its still worth....800k or is that too much?

I'd guess it's probably still worth a few million but it's hard to guess without any to compare it to. You should just throw it on the TP and take offers on it.

#7 DasBear

DasBear
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:23 AM

Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

#8 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:55 AM

Wow, congrats! :o

No matter how much they have been deflating, you'll be able to make some nice profit from it, nonetheless. :p

#9 DasBear

DasBear
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

Wow, congrats! :o

No matter how much they have been deflating, you'll be able to make some nice profit from it, nonetheless. :p

Thank you, I found out its actually the rarest of all of them. And a very, very tiny amount was given out. So super lucky for me! 

Alright so...I am getting a good amount of offers right now. Someone wants to trade a completed Secret Lab Map Set to me, for the Chia Pop. Should I ask for anything else on top of that? or do you think that is a fair trade. Once you find the map set, it never expires right? I can use it forever?

#10 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:56 AM

Thank you, I found out its actually the rarest of all of them. And a very, very tiny amount was given out. So super lucky for me! 

Alright so...I am getting a good amount of offers right now. Someone wants to trade a completed Secret Lab Map Set to me, for the Chia Pop. Should I ask for anything else on top of that? or do you think that is a fair trade. Once you find the map set, it never expires right? I can use it forever?

When assembled, you can visit the Lab once a day, forever. The pieces themselves disappear.

And I have no idea about the value of the Pop. :S

#11 DasBear

DasBear
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

When assembled, you can visit the Lab once a day, forever. The pieces themselves disappear.

And I have no idea about the value of the Pop. :S

Restocks in: Icy Fun Snow Shop for approximately 60,267 NP (Last spotted: approx. 28 May 2012 - 06:41 AM) Estimated Profit: 24,939,733 NP

So, someone did sell it and made 24 MIL + 

Right now, I think I can get about HALF that at the very least and people are biting. Does the value of the complete map set come close to the amount I'm eye balling is the question....trying to see if I can push for a little something extra ontop of the complete map set + a Paintbrush brush or 800K NP. I don't want to be greedy, but I don't want to waste a good thing either. 

#12 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

Restocks in: Icy Fun Snow Shop for approximately 60,267 NP (Last spotted: approx. 28 May 2012 - 06:41 AM) Estimated Profit: 24,939,733 NP

So, someone did sell it and made 24 MIL + 

Right now, I think I can get about HALF that at the very least and people are biting. Does the value of the complete map set come close to the amount I'm eye balling is the question....trying to see if I can push for a little something extra ontop of the complete map set + a Paintbrush brush or 800K NP. I don't want to be greedy, but I don't want to waste a good thing either. 

That price is very outdated. Not only in time but mostly because of the RE given out those Magical Pops.

If you don't have the Lab and you want to have, a full set it's a good option. It's evaluated in ~ 1kk nowadays.

You could ask for that AND a Baby PB as well. It's easily obtainable, very easy to sell and has a nice value.

Don't be too greedy. Even if you sell let below the market value, it's ALL profit, since you didn't have to pay for it. :D

You could wait and see what more people are willing to offer. But that can be tricky too, if more of those are distributed, the TP will have more offer, thus making the price lower, and so on... :p

#13 DasBear

DasBear
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:17 AM

I pulled the trigger on it and did the trade. I just saw someone made a posting for the same Chia Pop and I'm not gonna risk it. I've wanted the complete Secret Lab map set for a very, very long time and was so close to owning it before my account was broken into. I'm not gonna get greedy. I was also given the complete pepet map set as well and 5K

You know what Athayde, this was all pure profit. So, there is no losing in this sort of situation. :D YAY!! 

#14 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

Woohoo!! Congratulations! :3

#15 Doomsday

Doomsday
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

Why not look up the price of the item in the Neopian Auctions

#16 soggytoast

soggytoast
  • 47 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

Congratulations!

I wonder if they'll go the way of Pirate Draik Eggs after the forgotten shore... They're still pretty valuable due to their rarity and utility, but they did deflate a lot. Either way, that's one less exorbitantly-priced gourmet :wub:

Good luck rebuilding :)

#17 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:34 PM

congratulations, 1mil is already a lot for me, let alone 24mil. good luck selling!

#18 DasBear

DasBear
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

Why not look up the price of the item in the Neopian Auctions

I did, there was virtually nothing. But, several hours after the release, I did notice one other Chia Pop that was the same as mine. Meaning more had been released and it was only a matter of time. The other seller didn't list a price, just said to make an offer. I was being offered over 8MIL for it or a little higher than that. But, there is also the risk of scamming and not getting the full amount since they wanted to trade pure NP for the item. So, instead went for the complete Secret Lab Map set and the Petpet one in exchange for the Chia Pop.

Like Athayde said, don't get greedy. It was free and anything I gain or make from it is pure profit. No regrets and much easier than trying to outright sell it. 

congratulations, 1mil is already a lot for me, let alone 24mil. good luck selling!

Thank you. My luck would have it that I actually stumbled across two Secret Lab Map pieces today, the more expensive ones in random events and a Red Codestone! Gonna sell those. Man, Neopets is being super kind to me lately. 

#19 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

Dang, that is awesome! Congrats!

Neopets does seem like its nicer, I had a few really nice things happen to me the past week. Yippee for good luck *high five*

#20 DasBear

DasBear
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:22 AM

Dang, that is awesome! Congrats!

Neopets does seem like its nicer, I had a few really nice things happen to me the past week. Yippee for good luck *high five*

*High five* :D

#21 Doomsday

Doomsday
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:04 AM

I did, there was virtually nothing. But, several hours after the release, I did notice one other Chia Pop that was the same as mine. Meaning more had been released and it was only a matter of time. The other seller didn't list a price, just said to make an offer. I was being offered over 8MIL for it or a little higher than that. But, there is also the risk of scamming and not getting the full amount since they wanted to trade pure NP for the item. So, instead went for the complete Secret Lab Map set and the Petpet one in exchange for the Chia Pop.

I said the Auction House not the Trading Post :p

You could have put it in the Auctions with a starting bid of 4,000,000 and an increment of 4,000,000 which means that the first bid has to be 8,000,000NP or higher.  Put it on the Auctions for 1 hour if the person was online or 4 hours if the aren't, and then neomail them the link to the the Auction.

That way you would have gotten your 8m pure and they can't really scam the auction house because it takes the NP from their bid straight away.

#22 DasBear

DasBear
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:23 AM

Ah, oh well. I had tried out the auction house and it failed twice. I then tried trading and I got 15 offers in 30 min. So, I suppose it was the better way to go at the time.

#23 Elysium

Elysium
  • 51 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

Congrats, hopefully you have a easy time selling it; even though you'll probably get alot of lowball offers

#24 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

Congrats, hopefully you have a easy time selling it; even though you'll probably get alot of lowball offers

I pulled the trigger on it and did the trade. I just saw someone made a posting for the same Chia Pop and I'm not gonna risk it. I've wanted the complete Secret Lab map set for a very, very long time and was so close to owning it before my account was broken into. I'm not gonna get greedy. I was also given the complete pepet map set as well and 5K

You know what Athayde, this was all pure profit. So, there is no losing in this sort of situation. :D YAY!!

#25 Iridium77

Iridium77
  • 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:07 AM

I'd say you made the right choice.. I think the pops will continue to deflate, as they're an item TNT is specifically targeting for deflation. The pops seem HTS anyways and will become even more so as the market continues to saturate. I think you made a great deal. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rare item, trade, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users