Photo

Speaking your mind is trolling?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#51 Yuika

Yuika
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

I hope that you're better at hiding your opinions in real life, or you will run into some problems. Whether you're ~lol trolling~ or not, the way you're conducting yourself tells me that you're either very young or very ignorant. Also, that thread where you prattle on about all the "bitches" and "sluts" you've been with... gotta say I'm pretty surprised that a dude with that much game would spend his time on a Neopets chatboard. 

No two men never get into arguements we are at a mutual understanding that we are both right, and thus never bother.

LMAO. Ok.

Edited by Yuika, 24 April 2014 - 05:28 PM.

#52 Doe

Doe
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

I got in a heated argument over Pokemon with a man once.

It was a waste of time, right?

#53 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

Now now don't go getting all overly emotional on us. It's ok.

>Me

>feeling negative emotions

>2011+3

AHA I rused you!!

Spoiler

#54 Doe

Doe
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

Some of you here seem to have a rather hard time when I'm being blatantly ignorant/sarcastic. About 75% of you.

>Me

>feeling negative emotions

>2011+3

AHA I rused you!!

Spoiler

I was so fooled! My gosh a woman outsmarting me?! She must be a witch! BURN HER!

#55 Yuika

Yuika
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

Some of you here seem to have a rather hard time when I'm being blatantly ignorant/sarcastic. About 75% of you.

I'm not sure how much real-world experience you have, but being ignorant or "sarcastic" while expressing offensive opinions doesn't actually make them any less offensive. I can tell you're enjoying yourself, though. I'm happy for you.

Edited by Yuika, 24 April 2014 - 05:37 PM.

#56 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

Obviously Not Him Because Men Are Never Wrong ~*

The Pitch #7 theme please please please

#57 Doe

Doe
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

I'm not sure how much real-world experience you have, but being ignorant or "sarcastic" while expressing offensive opinions doesn't actually make them any less offensive. I can tell you're enjoying yourself, though. I'm happy for you.

Oh no my opinions are my opinions, if they offend you so be it.

#58 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

It was a waste of time, right?

My entire life is a waste of time.

#59 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

Or maybe, I just don't care what people think of me. It's liberating really. You should try it.

Ok.

You know that's choice 3, though, right?

#60 Doe

Doe
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

Ok.

You know that's choice 3, though, right?

I didn't get that far. I skimmed and saw basically "blah blah blah do as we say or blah blah blah banned"

Not my style ya dig?

Edited by Doe, 24 April 2014 - 07:20 PM.

#61 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

I see this isn't your first time on the internet.

Perhaps you're familiar with the fact that sarcasm is notoriously hard to read. Like deadpanning, sarcasm relies heavily on tone of voice to be understood as sarcasm. As such I don't think it's really anyone's fault besides yours that people are misunderstanding you. You chose the words. If they weren't what you meant to say, why did you pick them?

Words have connotation and denotation; regardless of your usage, those words mean something to other people in the broader context.

Even using your strict definition of slut, what you said to Kats still implies that she's overly promiscuous. It's a slight on her character, and a completely unwarranted one I might add.

Also, LOL at blaming the site admins for banning you. I've banned enough people in my time to know that admins don't ban people, people ban themselves. Admins just rubber stamp it, pass you through the bureaucracy, change your permissions to banned and hopefully auto-ban your IP range from ever registering again.

It's the mark of a truly naive person to blame everything in the world except yourself.
Spoiler

#62 Doe

Doe
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

My entire life is a waste of time.

All time is wasted; it's how you choose to waste it that matters.

I see this isn't your first time on the internet.

Perhaps you're familiar with the fact that sarcasm is notoriously hard to read. Like deadpanning, sarcasm relies heavily on tone of voice to be understood as sarcasm. As such I don't think it's really anyone's fault besides yours that people are misunderstanding you. You chose the words. If they weren't what you meant to say, why did you pick them?

Words have connotation and denotation; regardless of your usage, those words mean something to other people in the broader context.

Even using your strict definition of slut, what you said to Kats still implies that she's overly promiscuous. It's a slight on her character, and a completely unwarranted one I might add.

Also, LOL at blaming the site admins for banning you. I've banned enough people in my time to know that admins don't ban people, people ban themselves. Admins just rubber stamp it, pass you through the bureaucracy, change your permissions to banned and hopefully auto-ban your IP range from ever registering again.

It's the mark of a truly naive person to blame everything in the world except yourself.

Spoiler

tl;dr

It's usually pretty easy to tell, if you read between the lines. For me anyway.

#63 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:48 PM

Or maybe, I just don't care what people think of me. It's liberating really. You should try it.

Why are you even in a forum if you just choose to ignore the opinions of others? Or maybe you're just here for the attention and wanting people to read your bullshit although you don't want theirs. Which is very much the definition of a troll.

#64 Hummingway

Hummingway
  • 433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:56 PM

Like a heroin addict, you keep coming back for more. It's laughable, to be honest.

#65 Doomsday

Doomsday
  • 178 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:15 AM

You can speak your mind without having to be a complete fuckwit about I. I think your problem is that you think being able to "speak your mind means that you can say anything at all without actually stopping to think how you can approach a subject with a semblance of tact and still get a point across.

#66 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:48 AM

I didn't get that far. I skimmed and saw basically "blah blah blah do as we say or blah blah blah banned"

Not my style ya dig?

You might find it more productive to read posts, rather than replying to things that you've ignored.

#67 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:35 AM

You might find it more productive to read posts, rather than replying to things that you've ignored.

It's less fuuuun though.

#68 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:41 AM

It's less fuuuun though.

Wholehearted disagreement :p

#69 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:48 AM

Wholehearted disagreement :p

I refer you to the good year or so I had iargue's posts hidden to preserve my sanity but continued to post things I knew he would respond to. Such a happy time on Codex for me. *dreamy nostalgia*

#70 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:49 AM

I refer you to the good year or so I had iargue's posts hidden to preserve my sanity but continued to post things I knew he would respond to. Such a happy time on Codex for me. *dreamy nostalgia*

Oh... you raise a good point.
I do a similar thing with Mibs.

#71 Haliax

Haliax
  • 366 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:08 AM

Something about your projected image doesn't seem to fit in with Neopets cheating forums to me.

Spoiler

Edited by Haliax, 25 April 2014 - 06:15 AM.

#72 Doomsday

Doomsday
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

vTt9EOS.jpg

I think this image is more than suitable for this thread.

#73 leptooners

leptooners
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:28 AM

It's usually pretty easy to tell, if you read between the lines. For me anyway.

I've been looking over your posts and you, my friend, need to unplug your internet and never look back. Extreme ignorance does not work well online, where the wealth of knowledge is nearly endless. There's still some people who act smarter online than they really are, though it's pretty easy to tell if you read between the lines. For me anyway. :)

It's my opinion that this fool and others like him be permanently banned.

#74 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:31 AM

It's my opinion that this fool and others like him be permanently banned.

We don't ban people just because they're a bit rubbish.

#75 leptooners

leptooners
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:37 AM

We don't ban people just because they're a bit rubbish.

Maybe not, but in his case, it might be a good idea to review his history on other forums and nip it in the bud before it becomes a real issue. Almost every single post he's ever made on any forum is derogatory in some way, some of which would have had him banned instantly on my forum.

Edited by leptooners, 28 April 2014 - 06:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users