Quantcast

Photo

[POLL] Tell us what games you play, Neocodex!

gaming games

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

Poll: Gaming Subforums (46 member(s) have cast votes)

CHOOSE THREE: Which games should have their own subforums?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

POLL CLOSES ON MAY 1ST AT 7 PM NST

Choose three from the list provided.

Hey guys, another announcement! :p Slow down with the announcements, you say? NEVER!

So, the staff is very interested in expanding Neocodex and opening ourselves up to more games! We're thinking of making a Gaming section and having different subsections for multiple games. This will not only help to boost activity with our current members but also hopefully bring in some new ones! 

Right now, Flight Rising is a given because many people have expressed interest in having a place for it. However, we're extremely interested in learning what other types of games a good number of our members are playing! 

Here's what will happen:

- You guys will nominate games that you play or are interested in.

- In 48 hours, a poll will go up with all of these choices.

- Depending on how many nominations we get, you will get 1-3 votes each.

- The top three choices will have their own subsections.

If one of the games you play doesn't win, never fear! There will be an "other" subsection so there can be place for smaller games or games that didn't make top three. 

We can't wait to see what you guys are interested in!

Thanks,

Em.

#2 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

I like this idea.

Is this intended to be limited to MMOs?

#3 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

I play Neopets kinda, Flight Rising, Powerpets, GPX+, and Pokemon Showdown.

#4 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:33 PM

Does it have to be specific games? I'd want to have a cleaner section for console/handhelds in general so we can have threads for individual games as they come out and are topics for discussion/hype/etc.

I know there's at least a couple games coming up in the next few months for the 3DS and Wii U that I might be wanting to take about. ^_^

#5 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

I like this idea.

Is this intended to be limited to MMOs?

Yes for now it is for primarily MMOs (This includes online console games such as Call of Duty, Halo (do people still play this?), and games of that nature.) :) We will have an "Other" thread where everyone will be free to discuss games of all types though whether it's console or pc. 

#6 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Neopets barely

Flight Rising - beginner obsessed status

#7 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Does it have to be specific games? I'd want to have a cleaner section for console/handhelds in general so we can have threads for individual games as they come out and are topics for discussion/hype/etc.

I know there's at least a couple games coming up in the next few months for the 3DS and Wii U that I might be wanting to take about. ^_^

Specific games would be nice! But yeah, staff discussed having an "Other" subsection for people to talk about multiple smaller games or anything that's newly released, but I'm sure the main page of the Gaming section can be used for that as well. 

#8 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Apart from neopets, the only other game I play right now is Flight Rising. OBSESSED!

#9 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:37 PM

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls

#10 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

*sagenod*

Flight Rising obviously.

I guess I throw in a vote for WoW. Or Blizz games in general. Hearthstone is pretty big right now, since it's F2P.
I anticipate that Heroes of the Storm will be pretty cool, too.

#11 Mathilda

Mathilda
  • 199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

Yesssss

Ok so!

• League of Legends 
  • Flight Rising
  • Pokemon 
  • Wow (ok I haven't in years butbutbut we can make money with it right???)
  • Diablo 3
  • Dc universe online
  • ..... I had more idea but yeah.
  • EDIT: Injustice! There's the new online mode for the Ipad versions, and I'm sure we can take a look at it :D!

Ok so now question time: Will all of them fall under the politic of "Cheating is fine, Resseling is fine, Let's make all the money!" That this forum have? Because i'm totally down for this!

Edited by Mathilda, 25 April 2014 - 12:41 PM.

#12 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:41 PM

Or Scot could just beat me to it :p

Ok so now question time: Will all of them fall under the politic of "Cheating is fine, Resseling is fine, Let's make all the money!" That this forum have? Because i'm totally down for this!

Yeah, for sure. It may be that popular games wind up with their own extra subforum for illicit activities that aren't to be made strictly public too, like we had for Maplestory back in the day.
But as with Neo, anything that does not break actual laws, and does not harm other players will almost certainly be a-ok here.

#13 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

• Pokemon Showdown/general Pokemon subforum
  • LoL? (do people even play anymore?)

I don't play games enough anymore to know what people like to play, evidently. :p But I'm glad we're expanding from Neopets.

#14 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:55 PM

• LoL? (do people even play anymore?)

Cronus probably still does :p 
Someone else nominated it too, so I'd guess they do. I've been thinking of starting up LoL again myself.. we'd have to see how much interest there is I guess lol

#15 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:55 PM

More announcements! I love announcements :)

It may seem that I play alot of games, but I actually don't have much time and I kinda swap between games just for a destresser...

- "Playing" Neopets; More like the most I'd do is participate in the event, maybe turn on ABer if I remember to xD

- Clash of Clans (iPad / iPhone game. Does anyone else play this? Clan wars!)

- Blizzard Games: World of Warcraft, Hearthstone on iPad, Heroes of the Storm (Got access to alpha!), Diablo 3 RoS

- Sims 3, occasionally when I need a break :p

- League of Legends

#16 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

Heroes of the Storm (Got access to alpha!)

Ooh, jelly. I have applied, but not heard anything yet.

#17 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

Hardly on topic, but I've been meaning to mention it:

WHY don't posts in General Entertainment count towards post count?

Edited by Bone, 25 April 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#18 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:03 PM

No idea :p

I think it ought to just be Jokes and Fun Stuff.
And I have always thought Chitchat was silly :p

#19 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

I was obsessed with Neo..but then I found flightrising and majorly addicted. To the point where I actually am stopping my NC addiction ^W^

#20 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

Probably because for a while 95% of that section was Arman posting rap videos and hip hop stuff.

#21 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

I was obsessed with Neo..but then I found flightrising and majorly addicted. To the point where I actually am stopping my NC addiction ^W^

God help you when you discover that you can buy gems.

#22 Doe

Doe
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

Runescape just came out with V3 of it so I might get back into that, Elder Scrolls Online I plan on getting into.

Oh yeah and the game, but we all know you couldn't make a section on that.

#23 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

S-since my computer's a toaster all I can really play are Animal Crossing and Pokemon sometimes.... (/ω\) But probably once it comes out I'll be playing Super Smash Bros 3DS a lot too!!

Gahhh speaking of Pokemon, I should really get off my ass at some point and start up a Pokemon tournament thing here :p <3 I think it'd be a lot of fun!!

#24 Doe

Doe
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:11 PM

Flight Rising sounds promising though, so I might take a peek into that. Oh and League of Legends is pretty cool

S-since my computer's a toaster all I can really play are Animal Crossing and Pokemon sometimes.... (/ω\) But probably once it comes out I'll be playing Super Smash Bros 3DS a lot too!!

Gahhh speaking of Pokemon, I should really get off my ass at some point and start up a Pokemon tournament thing here :p <3 I think it'd be a lot of fun!!

Have you tried cleaning out your vents with canned air and/or cleaning the registry? I fixed my buddies pc like that haha.

#25 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:17 PM

Well while I am here these are games I have played or am currently playing:

LoL
WoW
Gaia / zOMG
FR

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gaming, games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users