78 replies to this topic

#1 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:29 PM

Lanzar_Pokeball.gifCodex Pokebattle RoyaleLanzar_Pokeball.gif

So! After seeing some people mention a Pokemon tournament, I've decided to gauge interest in hosting the first ever Neocodex tournament!

We can do this one of two ways:

1) Set up a League consisting of 8 Gym Leaders. Each leader picks a type that MUST contain a set number of pokemon pertaining to that type. 

First to beat each leader wins.

2) Set up a bracket style tournament consisting of however number of 6 on 6 battles.

Basically a free-for-all. Only pokemon banned are Ubers.

For simplicity's sake, I think we should use Smogon's XY Tier List AND have the battles using Pokemon Showdown.

Pokemon Showdown is a battle simulator. You just plug in the EVs/IVs/Move-set of each pokemon you want to use and battle with the team you make.

It would take WAY too long for everyone to breed a team on their 3DS. Sorry console people. :p

As far as prizes are concerned, for now there aren't any. We'd be doing this for fun and to see who's good at pokemon ^_^

So...is anyone interested in participating?

#2 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:59 PM

Winner should get a nice Pokemon Master award or something :p

#3 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

Yeah I believe we could knock up a few awards for this one :) (If anyone has skills in pixel art awards :p then please, by all means, give some a crack and send them on in!)

#4 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:13 PM

Yeah I believe we could knock up a few awards for this one :) (If anyone has skills in pixel art awards :p then please, by all means, give some a crack and send them on in!)

Sweet!!!

I'll tell @Chappy since she wanted to try out pixel art :p

#5 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:31 PM

I like option 2! Also, it would be cool for the winner of each tournament to host another one, maybe with a variation on the theme. Like little cup, UU, monotype, etc

#6 5MGEDOHC

5MGEDOHC
  • 937 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:18 AM

I am SO in. :p

#7 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:42 AM

I've never been much of a battle person because I get nervous in any competitive setting. But it still sounds like fun! The gym leader idea is more suited for a permanent thing where people can challenge gym leaders and become Pokemon masters (which is cool). :D And leaders have a type to plan against. If you're just looking for a one-off thing, elimination style would be better because it wouldn't depend on people getting lucky to catch gym leaders online.

#8 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:52 AM

What version of pokemon do you need? I only have Pokemon white.

#9 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:12 AM

What version of pokemon do you need? I only have Pokemon white.

You don't need any version, not even a console. It's a browser-based game: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

You can insert your teams data and then play against other people.

#10 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:51 AM

I'm down so long as you're not gonna be silly and ban multi-leaguing.

I'm not too picky on what type I use for my Gym. I already have my water team set up for this exact purpose though so that'd be my first choice.

I lurk in the Leagues room if I'm online usually. My displayname is Gym Leader Yung. If you want to come challenge me I'll play most Meta and tiers.

#11 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:41 AM

You don't need any version, not even a console. It's a browser-based game: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/
You can insert your teams data and then play against other people.

Oh sweet I'll look into this tonight and I'll be up for it.

#12 MichaelA

MichaelA
  • Very Hard to Shoot

• 484 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:46 AM

nice :p i would participate 

#13 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:51 AM

I'm so into both choices. 

I'll be a Steel type gym leader with 4-6 pokemon with no mega stones.

If choice two, I'll be happy to comply with my well rounded team

#14 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:14 AM

I'll be the first, easy gym leader if you like :p

I've never been much into competitive battling :p

#15 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:56 AM

Also if anyone wants to practice with their teams I'll happily battle.

#16 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:14 AM

I like both options!  I think it would be cool to hold occasional tournaments, AND have a group of gym leaders that could be battled for awards as well.  I think it would be easier on the gym leaders if the first option was a perpetual thing, instead of bombarding them all with everyone wanting to battle them at the same time.  You get an award for each gym leader, then after beating all 8 you get your Master award.

#17 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:16 AM

I like both options!  I think it would be cool to hold occasional tournaments, AND have a group of gym leaders that could be battled for awards as well.  I think it would be easier on the gym leaders if the first option was a perpetual thing, instead of bombarding them all with everyone wanting to battle them at the same time.  You get an award for each gym leader, then after beating all 8 you get your Master award.

If we did this with occasional tournaments it would keep things fresh.

I can easily arrange a private room on Frost for such events, all it would take is a little coordination but it's definitely doable.

#18 Psyduck

Psyduck
  • 431 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:06 AM

I am soooo game for this!

#19 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

Sounds good!

I'm terrible at team composition though lol

#20 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:49 AM

I'm interested in this too!! And I'd be up for either tournament style~ But please lord jesus have sleep and evasion clause no matter what sorta thing we're doing D: How are you supposed to do anything if your opponent's spamming double team and spore constantly lmao it isn't fun at all :x

Also, would the people battling in the bracket-style tournaments be able to decide whether they wanna use single or double battles before fighting? Or is it locked to just singles or doubles? :0

#21 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

I'm interested in this too!! And I'd be up for either tournament style~ But please lord jesus have sleep and evasion clause no matter what sorta thing we're doing D: How are you supposed to do anything if your opponent's spamming double team and spore constantly lmao it isn't fun at all :x

Also, would the people battling in the bracket-style tournaments be able to decide whether they wanna use single or double battles before fighting? Or is it locked to just singles or doubles? :0

Standard Pokemon Showdown OU has sleep/evasion clauses, and I think Swagger is banned now.

Wait do people actually play doubles???

This

Edited by Bone, 26 April 2014 - 08:48 AM.

#22 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:01 AM

Yeah she's... unique like that.

#23 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:03 AM

Standard Pokemon Showdown OU has sleep/evasion clauses, and I think Swagger is banned now.

Ooohhhh ok, I don't actually use Showdown so I had no idea >w< <3

Yeah, VGC is doubles because doubles goes by faster than singles!! And I find doubles more fun than switching switching switching sneaky pebbles switching :p

Yeah she's... unique like that.

dfgdfg noooo VGC uses it t-tooo ;w; <3

#24 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

Ooohhhh ok, I don't actually use Showdown so I had no idea >w< <3

Yeah, VGC is doubles because doubles goes by faster than singles!! And I find doubles more fun than switching switching switching sneaky pebbles switching :p

dfgdfg noooo VGC uses it t-tooo ;w; <3

Hey, that's not fair!

It's actually switching switching switching sneaky pebbles rapid spin SPINBLOCKED ragequit.

#25 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

I'll join. I've never used the online simulator thing (whatever it is) but it sounds like fun and I love Pokemon. I've never been too good at competitive battling but I'll try my best! I like the sound of both options,but I prefer option 1.

Edited by Satsuki, 26 April 2014 - 09:56 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pokemon, showdow, tournament

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users