Quantcast

The 100

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:17 AM

Spoiler

Okay so this is a show I recently starting watching on Netflix. So far a new episode has been released every Thursday. 
As of today there are 7 episodes available. It's a pretty cool Sci-Fi - Post apocalyptic - Drama. No zombies. :p

Basically the Earth has been decimated due to nuclear Armageddon.  However, ~4,000 humans have survived the last 98 years living in Earth's orbit on a Space station they call "The Arc". The Arc's resources are diminishing ahead of schedule and they desperately need to know if Earth is habitable for human life yet, so they send down 100 juvenile delinquents to see if it's survivable. Immediate dangers at the time are radiation, lack of food, medical supplies, etc. 

Keep in mind, some of these juvenile delinquents were imprisoned for something as simple as stealing an extra ration. The Arc has a very strict set of rules that says if you break any law, it is punishable by death or "floating", where they literally float you into space.  Once a juvenile delinquent turns 18 they get a review to determine whether or not they will be floated. 

So basically we follow the story of The 100's struggle to survive on Earth in the new conditions that have been laid out for them, while we also follow the people remaining on The Arc who are taking extreme measures to ensure they survive on The Arc if the Earth turns out to be uninhabitable. 

Is anyone else watching this? AM I RAMBLING FOR NOTHING?
Personally I've really been enjoying it and I have my fingers crossed other people are watching it too so it doesn't end up cancelled like every other good show these days ;n;

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:25 AM

See, I was sure you said it was on Netflix, but I couldn't find it.

I guess it's only Canadian Netflix :p

#3 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:25 AM

I just got done reading a book that was very, very similar to this. I'm going to check it out later, if I can find it.

#4 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:36 AM

That's odd. I originally saw it on a streaming site and then later discovered it was on Netflix, so I'm sure you could find it easily if you cared enough to :p

I just got done reading a book that was very, very similar to this. I'm going to check it out later, if I can find it.

That's pretty cool. This show is actually based off the book The 100, lol. 

#5 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:49 AM

That's pretty cool. This show is actually based off the book The 100, lol.

I don't *think* that's the name of the book I read, but it could've been. I don't remember.

#6 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:51 AM

I don't *think* that's the name of the book I read, but it could've been. I don't remember.

I've heard it was similar to Lord of The Flies and Battle Royale but I haven't read either so I have no idea. lol
But was it one of those?

#7 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:53 AM

I've heard it was similar to Lord of The Flies and Battle Royale but I haven't read either so I have no idea. lol
But was it one of those?

It definitely wasn't Lord of the Flies. I would remember that one. It might not have been any of these, it was a YA book.

#8 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:55 AM

It definitely wasn't Lord of the Flies. I would remember that one. It might not have been any of these, it was a YA book.

Hmm, well I guess we'll have to see if you find it lol
You should watch this show! 

#9 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:14 AM

I've been hearing about this show but didn't ever look too much into it. Sounds like something I would like, so I might just check it out this weekend.

#10 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:51 AM

There are apps to get around that. Plus torrents.

#11 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:52 AM

There are apps to get around that. Plus torrents.

I have no idea why you thought it was necessary to explain that to me :p

#12 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

Because you couldn't find it. Coz u stoopid.

#13 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:33 AM

Because you couldn't find it. Coz u stoopid.

I could find it :p I couldn't find it on Netflix and promptly switched to Psych instead.

Which is now also not on Netflix, even though I was in the MIDDLE OF SEASON FIVE.
Ugh.

#14 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:43 AM

It annoys me. I wanted to watch Modern Family so I got Nextflix. The last two seasons wernt on there even though I paid for this shitty service. So I changed proxy, guess what? Still not on there!

So I download every season in about 30 minutes. People wonder why we torrent? Because of shit like that.

I'd be happy to pay £30-50 a month to watch any TV series without ads for as long as I want.

#15 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:42 AM

I've been watching it Kate. :p It's acceptable.

I could find it :p I couldn't find it on Netflix and promptly switched to Psych instead.

Which is now also not on Netflix, even though I was in the MIDDLE OF SEASON FIVE.
Ugh.

I'm a fan of Psych, it's a shame it ended for good recently. :/

#16 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:09 AM

Saw the pilot, seems interesting. Can't be worse than Helix  ;)

#17 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:17 AM

I too also watched the pilot. To me everything in the pilot was predictable and cliche', but it was all necessary to set up the classic post apocalyptic setting. It would be more interesting to me if I hadn't read so many books/watched so many movies about the theme. I'm going into the 2nd episode now because I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt and it has potential. 

#18 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

Spoiler

#19 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:03 PM

Looks interesting :) I'll check it out later.

#20 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

It's on the CW (tv channel) for me. I watched one episode and wasn't sure... but that's probably because I had no idea what was going on.

#21 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:43 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#22 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler