1621 replies to this topic

#1 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:24 AM

2v11a1z.jpg

What really grinds your gears?

I was thinking about this as I was driving around yesterday.

I'll start:

What really grinds my gears is when people drive ridiculously slow.

What really grinds my gears is when people are walking in the street instead of the perfectly open sidewalk! MOVE BITCH OR I'LL RUN YOU OVER!

What really grinds my gears, is when people wear socks with sandals.. I just can't...

Now it's your turn! What annoys you??

#2 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:37 AM

- With you on slow drivers. A little under the speed limit is fine, 15mph in a 40 is not. Always seems to happen when I can't overtake as well...

- Having to use the Central Line on the London Underground in rush hour. *shudders* No merci.

_61926199_61926198.jpg

- People with no respect for punctuality. We agreed 8, be there at 8 or flipping text and let me know you're running late. I don't want to stand in the cold and rain for 20 minutes longer than I have to because you couldn't be bothered to get your shit together.

- Headphones so loud I can hear your crappy taste in music. Your headphones are appalling quality, you're damaging your hearing and your taste sucks. Stop subjecting me to it. I probably have a headache and don't want to deal with you.

- Passive aggression. Yeah, please, send an email round the whole office reminding us that something in the fridge was yours but make it very very clear that you're not accusing anyone and you really don't mind, then label all future purchases and bring it up from now until the end of time.

A lot of things really, far too many to mention. I'm a very intolerant person. I'll return as and when things irritate me.

#3 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:48 AM

Lack of mechanical lubricant or accumulation of dust particles

#4 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:51 AM

What really grind my gears is when I need a higher resolution screen than 1920x1080 but I don't have the money to afford a 2560x1440 resolution screen... 

#5 Speedracer

Speedracer
  • The Triforce of Herp

• 771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:56 AM

-People that don't get out of the fast lane when they are only doing the speed limit or the flow of traffic

-^passive aggressive people

-"I don't care you pick" then shoots down all preceeding ideas until they get what they want

-People that are the expert on every subject and clearly know more than you

-People that excessively loud for no reason

-Lists

-Irony

Spoiler

#6 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:00 AM

- Anyone that stare at me while I'm eating.

- Anyone that stare at me for more than 1 second.

- People that waste their time with reality-shows.

- People that write "omergherd". Just... don't. ARGH

- Politicians.

- People that swear too much. Specially around kids.

- People that prefer buying cigarettes and stay at the bar/Cafe all day instead of giving their kids a reasonable life.

- Women that are constantly picking fight with their husbands/boyfriends because they leave the toilet seat up. (Women, that's just stupid!)

Men that don't argue with their wives/girlfriends when they leave the toilet seat down!

There's so much more. I'll come back later.

#7 Cupcakes

Cupcakes
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

SLOW WALKERS.

I will punch you in the back of the head, and kick you in the back of the knees so I can walk over your slow crawling ass. MOVE.

#8 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:26 AM

-Stupid/ignorant people

-people who talk really loud on the phone

- slow walkers (again), I need to get to class from a completely different part of the building that requires me to go outside and up 6 floors, MOVE FASTER!

-people who you're forced to work with in a group who do absolutely nothing

-people who wine about their problems all day every day

- people who can't figure out how to do the simplest things with technology ("How do I turn it on again?)

-horrible grammar

- when I can't find any clothes in my size and the only ones left are the really huge ones (XXXL)

-flats that are pretty but I can't wear because they don't like fitting on my feet (even when they're the correct size)

-jacked up prices on items 

-crying infants (it's fine if the parents are trying to stop them, but if they aren't it really grinds my gears)

There are probably more, I just can't think of them at this time.

Edited by Satsuki, 03 May 2014 - 09:27 AM.

#9 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

Oooh, ooh!

- Patronising types who think they can call me "hon" or "sweetie" etc. STOP IT, YOU ARE MAKING ME WANT TO PUNCH YOU AND THEN YOU WON'T THINK I'M SWEET.

#10 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

When I decide to go into to town to run some errands (30 mins away) and I think the weather willl be decent, only to get here and it's raining and I don't have a jacket with me

#11 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

The things that really grind my gears are bullies, ignorance, hypocrisy, and supremacy of any kind.

Otherwise I'm quite a tolerant person.

#12 zleepy

zleepy
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:48 AM

Probably when people choose to blatantly play their music in public on speaker. It's really annoying and you could get a pair of headphones for 10$   :mellow:

#13 Haliax

Haliax
  • 366 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

Harm done to the completely innocent and those with no realistic means of defence i.e. children, animals/pets, upsets and angers me. Blind faith too.

#14 Mathilda

Mathilda
  • 199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:06 AM

-Not being able to talk properly in english

-People who mess up my name

-When my fiancé doesn't save me in LoL

-Driving in general

-Fucking douche who think that because they have a dick they know more their comic book then me. I'm fucking sorry, but I worked in a comic book store for 2 years you fucking shit so get your ass in a line and stop shiting on my Scarlet Witch t-shirt you asshole.

-People who hurt my brother

-People who have no problem hitting an autist kid.

-People who hit me in the face when I try to protect my baby autist brother.

-People in general in my city.

#15 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:10 AM

-When you have to take apart a gun, a computer/console, or even furniture and you need to buy the most random screwdrivers for the most obscure screws.

-When the Starbucks barista misspells my real name even if I spelt it out to them, letter by letter.

-When people leave their signals on even after making the turn/not signalling at all

-When two large trucks drive side by side in a two lane road.

-When large potholes are filled by the rain and when you drive into them, a tsunami hits your windshield

-Any type of registration that requires more than 1 form to fill out

-People.

-When at the end of your day before you leave, someone needs your help at the very last second

#16 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:14 AM

-When you have to take apart a gun, a computer/console, or even furniture and you need to buy the most random screwdrivers for the most obscure screws.

Ah yes, all the times that I have to take apart a gun... :p

Related - Those teeny tiny screwdrivers for glasses. I can never find ours when I need it and this means we have about 7. And the screws are so tiny, they're impossible to get into place even with my little hands. Urgh.

-When at the end of your day before you leave, someone needs your help at the very last second

Urgh, the phone ringing at 4.59pm on a Friday afternoon, trying to ignore and the office staring at you expectantly. If you've left it til this late, I expect it can wait until Monday.

#17 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

When the sign on the door to my place of work says CLOSED and people walk right past it and yank on the door anyway.  We are CLOSED motherfucker.  CLOSED.  And then they stare at you through the door, so you go to the door and unlock it , peeking your head out, clearly with the body language that says "I'm going to tell you sorry, we're closed, you are not allowed to come in" and they insinuate themselves inside anyway and take up an hour of your time.

Getting promoted to manager and then having every single decision I make undermined and my superiors going behind my back to change things without telling me.

When people crumple up paper before throwing it away.

When people say shit like, "I couldn't live without air conditioning.  I would die."  No, you wouldn't.  You'd be hot for a while, and then you would cope just like everyone else on the planet.

When you're behind some slow-ass motherfucker who speeds up when you get to a passing lane and then slows back down once it's back to a no-passing zone.

Along the same lines, when someone passes you and then slows down to go SLOWER than you were going before.

Oboes.  I fucking hate oboes.

I'll come back later.  I hate a lot of things.

#18 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:34 AM

Oboes.  I fucking hate oboes.

Oh thank god I'm not the only one who hates those things.  I can't stand the sounds of them!

#19 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

Voluntarily stupid people.

Slow walkers.

Most other people.

#20 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

Oh thank god I'm not the only one who hates those things.  I can't stand the sounds of them!

I hate how they always get the solos in orchestral pieces.  HONK HONK

#21 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:41 AM

Nobody likes oboes. Not even oboeists. And that's why the Duck is the worst character in Peter and the Wolf.

#22 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:55 PM

People with an entitled attitude, like the world owes them a favour.

Spitting

Religious fanatics

The intolerant

The French

#23 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:58 PM

@ Frizzle

#24 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:02 PM

Spitting.

Eating on the street, and then dumping the rubbish on the floor.

- Having to use the Central Line on the London Underground in rush hour. *shudders* No merci.

_61926199_61926198.jpg

Yes, the fucking Central Line, and the guy squished up behind me sneezing on the back of my head yesterday.

#25 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:07 PM

When my cat insists on taking a shit in the litter box while I'm in the midst of cleaning it. Thank you asshole.

When you are driving and someone is trying to get over in your lane so you slow down to allow them in and they don't do a courtesy wave, so I wave and yell YOU'RE WELCOME! (even though they can't hear me)

When people spinkle when they tinkle and aren't sweeties and don't wipe the seatie

Costco and Walmart in general, come on people to world isn't ending, you don't have to be so aggressive. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users