What really grinds YOUR gears?

• Please log in to reply
1621 replies to this topic

#101 EverKaia

EverKaia
  • 374 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:34 AM

What, that I'm not a loser unless someone other than a programmer makes me feel that way?

#102 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:34 AM

You especially.

Yes, me especially :D

#103 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:37 AM

What, that I'm not a loser unless someone other than a programmer makes me feel that way?

People are dicks, wouldn't worry about anyone's opinions of you. You seem perfectly fine to me and I am notoriously antisocial and full of irrational hate.

#104 EverKaia

EverKaia
  • 374 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

Aww! *goes to hug you, remembers that you're antisocial and hugs your squirtle instead* xD

#105 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:40 AM

you're only a loser if you make yourself to feel like one.

#106 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

Aww! *goes to hug you, remembers that you're antisocial and hugs your squirtle instead* xD

Wise choice. It's why we keep the squirtle around, it accepts hugs for me by proxy.

#107 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

you're only a loser if you make yourself to feel like one.

Or if you actually lose at something.

#108 Choconilla

Choconilla
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:24 PM

• When the bible thumping ladies at work tell me being with my gf is a phase.
  • When your supervisor tells you that you have the day off on and then changes their mind that afternoon.
  • When my gf's parents come to visit (and work us to the bone). ;-;

#109 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

When people ask me how long I've been growing my hair or... just using the statement "You have really long hair." Yes, yes I do. And no, I don't know how long I've been growing it. I don't keep track of these things. Why would I? I wouldn't mind it too much if people didn't ask me all the time. I know they mean well. It just gets really irritating after a while, though.

When people say things when they have no fucking clue what they're talking about. When my boss argued with me about what a ferret was. She said to a customer that it was a marsupial. I was like no, it's a mustelid. It's related to skunks and weasels. It doesn't have a pouch, you dummy. It says right on the care sheet
"domesticated version of the EUROPEAN polecat." You'd think someone that's worked in a pet store for years would actually know something about the animals.

When people come to Petco with their injured animals. A pitbull jumped out of the back of this guy's truck and he brought it in to us to get some bandages. The dog was leaving a blood trail all over the floor because her back leg was so busted up and her chest and ears were bleeding. He buys bandages and agrees to take her to the vet after our very strong urging... but only after spending 15-20 minutes picking out treats. I wanted to strangle him.

When people allow their children to run up to the animals, bang on the glass, and scare the shit out of them. Worse... when they allow their dogs to do the same. Guinea pigs are prey animals. Their first instinct is fear. They get a fight or flight response and if you stress them out enough it could give them a heart attack and they can die. Ugh, people are such sociopaths.

I think working retail has introduced a great deal of hatred in my life. I never used to be so bitter. It's like it's sucking all the joy and happiness out of me.

#110 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

People are dicks, wouldn't worry about anyone's opinions of you. You seem perfectly fine to me and I am notoriously antisocial and full of irrational hate.

She's not lying.

Or if you actually lose at something.

Technically correct.

What grinds my gears:

• Inattentive drivers.  Drive as slow as you fucking want (within reason, obey speed minimums on freeways or stay off them), but if you can't keep your damn eyes on the road and stay in your lane you shouldn't be on the road.  Side note with this, the scariest car ride of my life was with my girlfriend's mother.  She was carrying on a conversation with the passenger for the duration of the trip, frequently took her eyes off the road to look at the passenger during the conversation, and she talks with her hands.  I was in the back row of the minivan freaking out.
  • People who make excuses.  For example, don't bitch about your weight to me, and then do nothing to change it, only making excuses as to why the weight isn't coming off.  Or don't make excuse after excuse about why your portion of a project is not done, or done to the standards we need.

When people ask me how long I've been growing my hair or... just using the statement "You have really long hair." Yes, yes I do. And no, I don't know how long I've been growing it. I don't keep track of these things. Why would I? I wouldn't mind it too much if people didn't ask me all the time. I know they mean well. It just gets really irritating after a while, though.

Dear Diary,

Today I decided to shave off all my hear and start growing it out again.  I will report back when people ask how long I have been growing it out.

And I completely agree with the ignorance.  I was going to comment about that, but I've said more than enough ignorant stuff...  (Did I mention hypocrites grind my gears?  I've been posting for a long time, someone go find hypocritical posts from me.)

#111 EverKaia

EverKaia
  • 374 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:37 PM

This doesn't grind my gears, it's just stupid.

I actually saw a commercial for a weight gain book/supplement.

GAIN?!

Gods, I can tell you how to gain! No books and shit necessary!

Spend three to five months eating rice and potsticker sauce two to four days a week, burn off only part of the calories and then go get a value meal somewhere (even Subway).

As I jokingly say, "What do sumo need chanko nabe for? Just eat rice and potsticker sauce!"

#112 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:42 PM

GAIN?!

Spend three to five months eating rice and potsticker sauce two to four days a week, burn off only part of the calories and then go get a value meal somewhere (even Subway).

As I jokingly say, "What do sumo need chanko nabe for? Just eat rice and potsticker sauce!"

I'm jealous of the people who struggle to gain weight.  The reality is, though, they're just not eating enough.  I can point to plenty of easy foods to gain weight, especially ones that still provide a reasonable amount of protein.  It's hard to tell people to eat more when most people (in the US) need to do the exact opposite.

#113 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:06 PM

It really grinds my gears when my husband kills everyone in the jedi temple and becomes a Sith lord. 

~~

Also, when people chew with their mouths open and then talk with food in their mouth. It makes me want to gag. 

#114 EverKaia

EverKaia
  • 374 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

It grinds my gears that the Sith are such showoffs and no one takes us dark jedi seriously anymore. :(

#115 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:45 PM

Something a bit smoother sounding please. The slooshing is just a bit sloppy.

From sloosh to slosh.

I hate it when Mexican restaurants have guacamole on their menu, but they really mean avocado dip.

#116 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

I dislike it when people tell me they are going to do something and don't do it and I have to remind them 5 times.

When my coworker walks by my cubicle 12 times in a minute when I'm trying to Codex instead of work.

When I take a drink of water while looking at another drink and get shocked by the blandness.

#117 acrossthesky

acrossthesky
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:05 PM

When my coworker walks by my cubicle 12 times in a minute when I'm trying to Codex instead of work.

Ugh, same here. The person on the other side of me has a standing desk as well. I'm always afraid she is looking over at me, watching me do my dailies or browse this forum.

* I also can't stand how the loud-mouth three cubes down from me talks so loudly that I can hear him over my music.  :angry:

#118 Oktober

Oktober
  • Team ASS

• 318 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:29 PM

just using the statement "You have really long hair." 

As a long-haired person, I completely agree. That's so annoying, i just answer randomly.

"Oh, it's a wig" "Thit is a Legolas cosplay" (not blonde) This usually stops them from asking other dumb questions and leaves them confused.

Also, I hate people who just talk, and talk, and talk without acctually saying anything significant (especially during classes, argh). 

Edited by nkerl, 23 May 2014 - 07:11 AM.

#119 bearlord

bearlord
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:04 AM

Annoying people/people who are too loud and/or close minded. Can't stand them. @_@

#120 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:59 AM

GAIN?!

I'm jealous of the people who struggle to gain weight.  The reality is, though, they're just not eating enough.  I can point to plenty of easy foods to gain weight, especially ones that still provide a reasonable amount of protein.  It's hard to tell people to eat more when most people (in the US) need to do the exact opposite.

I'm one of these that finds it hard to gain weight, it can be a blessing but it can also be a pain in the ass. It took me a couple months of eating chicken/rice/pasta/peanut butter/weight shakes to jump up by half a stone. A couple weeks later after coming off the meal plan and eating normally, i've lost that half a stone already :/. It's like i'm destined to be this weight forever lol.

Anyways i hate drivers on their phones/eating. If i see a driver on their phone i give them a couple revs on my bike, it always makes them shit themselves and drop their phones :p

Spoiler

Also posh bitches like this "i bet you do drugs"

Spoiler

#121 Mandie

Mandie
  • 407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

Being touched. I flinch from it.

Migraines. Had one for over 4 months straight.

Back pain. What 28 year old had crippling back pain that makes standing for extended periods of time believable?

Large feet. I hate my duck feet. I thought the Titantic suck years ago..so why do I see two of them when I look at my feet?

Being fat. Yeah, it sucks. But I love myself.

#122 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

When my co-worker responds to emails with novels when a single word or short sentence would suffice.

when people approach me quietly and I have mini heart attacks. I'm very jumpy and scare easily when I'm focused on other things, and people (certain coworkers) walk like ninjas and I can't hear them and then they say my name when they are right behind me and I practically fall out of my seat crying from fear. One of these days I WILL be startled to death.

Hugs. I'm not a touchy-feely person unless it's with a SO, so hugs in general make me feel very uncomfortable. I don't even like hand-shakes, I feel all awkward and see everything happen in slow motion.

#123 Mandie

Mandie
  • 407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

When my co-worker responds to emails with novels when a single word or short sentence would suffice.

That, but texting, GRRR!

#124 EverKaia

EverKaia
  • 374 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

Or one word texts when you have a small allotment (say 250) per month. x_x

#125 Mandie

Mandie
  • 407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:01 AM

Or one word texts when you have a small allotment (say 250) per month. x_x

If you have a smartphone, there are free texting and calling apps. My phone got shut off over a month ago, and I am still able to make unlimited calls and texts (when in wi-fi).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users