Quantcast

Photo

How many of you breed and train for EVs and IVs?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 sixkitties

sixkitties
  • 90 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:01 PM

I'm just curious, it's extremely time consuming, but sort of necessary if you take battling seriously.

I did, to an extent, but I never really battled so I didn't think it was worth it.

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:03 PM

PokeGen!

Just kidding.

I did when I got really into X and Y back when it first came out. It's not difficult, just time consuming if you're unlucky.

#3 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:14 PM

I admit to Pokegen/Gameshark before X and Y. 

With the new mechanics+Friend Sarafi+Destinyknot/Everstone, I choose to be legit even if I had an easy opportunity to generate pokemon under the radar.

#4 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:24 PM

I'd have to figure out how to do that. I like battling but I've never really put a ton of thought into it, mainly because I don't really battle outside of the games battles. (so no online battles or anything).

#5 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:24 PM

I really want to make my PO team on my game.

I'd be pretty unstoppable. :p

#6 sixkitties

sixkitties
  • 90 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:27 PM

I gamesharked heartgold. I loved having all those shiny eeveelutions following me around. 

i lost the game, but i gifted some to my friend and they all went through, he had no idea they were all illegit. 

#7 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:31 PM

I gamesharked heartgold. I loved having all those shiny eeveelutions following me around. 

i lost the game, but i gifted some to my friend and they all went through, he had no idea they were all illegit. 

I tried finding a gameshark for the DS but the one I found on amazon had reports of it melting the game cartridge and I didn't want to risk anything. 

#8 sixkitties

sixkitties
  • 90 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:34 PM

I tried finding a gameshark for the DS but the one I found on amazon had reports of it melting the game cartridge and I didn't want to risk anything. 

I never had any issues, it actually fell apart and I had to tape it back together.

Technically it was an Action Replay, but same thing. It did make the game less fun, but I usually would only use it for the shiny codes and nature.

Edited by sixkitties, 03 May 2014 - 07:35 PM.

#9 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

I never had any issues, it actually fell apart and I had to tape it back together.

Technically it was an Action Replay, but same thing. It did make the game less fun, but I usually would only use it for the shiny codes and nature.

Maybe I'll take another look at it. I remember hearing stories of people who used it and just walked right through the elite 4 walls and beat the game that way. I'd love to have a bunch of shiny's especially a shiny Umbreon.

#10 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:37 PM

POKEGEN HELL YES!! I'm gonna be able to keep genning once the last gen's wifi stuff goes down heheheh, having an R4 and being able to send saves down to retail carts sure is handy >:]

I'm so glad IV breeding and EV training is super easy in XY though hahaha I'm so lazy ;_;

#11 sixkitties

sixkitties
  • 90 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:57 PM

Maybe I'll take another look at it. I remember hearing stories of people who used it and just walked right through the elite 4 walls and beat the game that way. I'd love to have a bunch of shiny's especially a shiny Umbreon.

Yup, those are possible, but those also have the risk of permanently ruining your current save. It's also a bit risky, and I really had to dig to find that shiny code and enter it manually, but it's normally pretty safe as long as you don't go too crazy. 

It's pretty obvious which ones might screw up your game, and the ones that come preloaded on it are safe, it's just the extra ones that you download that might ruin it. I'm not sure  how they work with current gen games.

#12 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:57 PM

I shamelessly EV train... but I hate it. I normally try and buy decent pokemon with Neopoints.

Cause Neopians tend to play Pokemon for some reason. >.>

#13 sixkitties

sixkitties
  • 90 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:03 PM

What. you can sell pokemon for neopoints?

I guess that's pretty obvious, but now I want to play pokemon and sell them all.

#14 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

What. you can sell pokemon for neopoints?

I guess that's pretty obvious, but now I want to play pokemon and sell them all.

You can sell anything for neopoints if you can find a buyer.

#15 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:41 PM

I don't ev or iv train even a little bit. I catch for cutefactor.

#16 zleepy

zleepy
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:35 PM

I think it isn't worth it, unless of course you plan on battling in tournaments and all. Otherwise if it looks cool I breed it :D 

#17 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:10 AM

I would if I had time to do it since they made it much easier. During ruby/sapphire I learned about EVs/IVs and EV trained but IV was down to luck. Then I learned RNG abuse in D/P and how the datastructure for Pokemon works. Subsequently I spend a lot of time taking that apart instead of actually playing. Now that's gone but they improved breeding and shiny Pokemon are more common and I'd love to pick up breeding again.

Edited by Eefi, 04 May 2014 - 12:10 AM.

#18 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:12 AM

I don't ev or iv train even a little bit. I catch for cutefactor.

'Fortunately for you I get you perfect IV and EV trained level 100 pokemon. :)

#19 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:14 AM

'Fortunately for you I get you perfect IV and EV trained level 100 pokemon. :)

Yeah, so you don't totally destroy me when we battle.

I haven't even beaten Y yet.

#20 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:34 AM

Yeah, so you don't totally destroy me when we battle.

I haven't even beaten Y yet.

She has 7 badges people, 7. And with the Pokemon she has at her disposal there is no excuse I say!

#21 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:35 AM

...I actually think I have 6. I dunno how I'm supposed to get anything done in Pokemon when my villagers are so freaking needy in Animal Crossing.

#22 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:38 AM

A friend of mine was nice enough to trade me a bunch of Eeveelutions to play through the story. Even though I ended up just using Espeon and Leafeon out of them, I think I never had that much fun with the storyline. The games always started for me after the elite four.

#23 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:43 AM

...I actually think I have 6. I dunno how I'm supposed to get anything done in Pokemon when my villagers are so freaking needy in Animal Crossing.

All you have to do is battle at this point. Lol.

#24 sixkitties

sixkitties
  • 90 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:40 AM

Okay, so how many of you that don't care about IVs/EVs care about nature?

I started EV training in saphire, and I was amazed by how much their stats would go up with EV training.

IVs I found out about pretty recently, but I never really got too involved with all of the breeding, I was too busy at the time.

Now that I have all summer with nothing to do... I want to start over again.  

#25 Mioda

Mioda
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:57 AM

in x/y i bred n trained a few pokemon for evs n stuff, but i never actually battled... sadly i quickly lose interest in pokemongames after finishing the mainstory ;_;

in black 2 i bred like 500 eevees tho out of boredom, got 1 shiny one and several ones with neat stats, but no single female. it was rly frustrating haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users