Quantcast

Photo

How many of you breed and train for EVs and IVs?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:42 AM

In 4th and 5th gen I mostly did competitive using battle simulators until RNG abuse became widely known. After that I just RNG'd pretty much anything I wanted or needed outside of shinies.

With 6th gen turning the mechanics on their head and making everything a lot easier to deal with I just go full legit breeding, since once you get a decent collection of parents together in various egg groups, it's extremely easy to get whatever you want.

IouoLV0.png

I mostly owe my breeding success nowadays to this group of little bros. (Well, until I get off my butt and RNG a 6IV Flawless Ditto anyways.)

#27 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:07 AM

She has 7 badges people, 7. And with the Pokemon she has at her disposal there is no excuse I say!

I only have 6 in X.

#28 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:08 AM

It's on my todo list to transfer a bunch of flawless dittos and the likes from gen 5 and then I'll start breeding seriously.

#29 JustACactus

JustACactus
  • 74 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:13 PM

IV breeding, though frustrating initially, get progressively easier as you do it.

EV training: when you know where to go, you can have a trainee EV'ed up in 10 min.

EV training is always worth the effort for anything remotely "competitive", IVs won't necessarily be a deal breaker as long as they're not horrid.

#30 sixkitties

sixkitties
  • 90 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:58 PM

Wooo.

I got moderately into both.
When I first EV trained, it was amazing how much it affected the stats of my pets, like attack would start going up 8-10 a level instead of the normal 2-3. 

Cactus is right, EV training is pretty simple/easy, so it's a shame if someone who competitively plays doesn't do it.

I never competitively played, but it was great when my friends and I would battle because they would get destroyed by my team. Most of them didn't even care about natures. D;

#31 Arcaminisce

Arcaminisce
  • 69 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:56 AM

Pokemon gen a perfect IV pokemon, breed it into a nearly perfect IV and nature, than EV train all the way? Semi legit i guess >.<

#32 CibuMattie

CibuMattie
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:28 AM

I do, and have been doing for a few years now. I also try to breed for shinies. Currently breeding for a perfect IV Shiny Horsea, I've got the perfect IV part down (it also has egg moves!) just trying to get the shiny part... xD

#33 SinSin

SinSin
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

I do now. But I didn't stat doing that until Black2/White2. I do it seriously in X and Y though. Now I also breed for Shinies with good IVs (just for the heck of it)

#34 SpectralWeasel

SpectralWeasel
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

I'm not a competitive battler, but I do it for fun. And to compete in the Battle Maison. Someone was generous enough to give me a 6 IV japanese Ditto which makes the process much less tedious. (Also, shinies. Got a froakie, sadly its IVs were slightly screwed. -_-)

#35 oicaptain

oicaptain
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:26 AM

With horde battling, (EV) it's so much effing easier?! I made a visual guide on tumblr. Maybe you've seen it. It had around 2k notes.

#36 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:17 PM

I know of such things, but not from experience. I play pokemon more or less casually.

I mean I play to beat the Elite Four and that's about it.

This post

interests me, but only in that I like perfection, and that team can breed for any move, correct?

#37 Fawkes

Fawkes
  • Team ASS

• 202 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:39 AM

I'm trying to figure it out now, since a tournament is coming up.  But, I don't care that much. I just want to participate.  I finally leveled up my first pokemon to 100 - I've never done that before because it gets boring after beating the story and whatnot.

I'm trying to think of a team, but it's so difficult!!!

#38 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:34 PM

I don't breed (seemed like too much trouble, or maybe I'm just excusing myself), but I used to train for EVs till I got bored with that particular Pokemon Black II game. The last game I played, I Pokegen'ed instead.

#39 aritsumiki

aritsumiki
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 08:22 AM

I've breeded Houndour and Slowpoke fro 5 IVs. It's pretty repetitive, but not too boring. EV training is optional for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users