Nintendo General

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#176 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:58 PM

Ughhh I love Harvest Moon. I got all the new ones, even the not-named-Harvest-Moon-But-Still-Harvest-Moon

Recently started playing Yokai Watch! and it is actually pretty good?!?! A lot more in-depth than I originally thought it was going to be

Shame the newer ones have odd graphics. Idk, the 3D just looks lazy. 

You mean Story of Seasons? Thought of getting that one too, buuuut I had only 5 GBP left on my Amazon balance. Poo. But is it any good?

So have any of you installed that homebrew stuff on your 3DSes or anything? I love the idea of custom themes and badges so I'm totally gonna make those "eventually"™. I'll probably post them here when/if I make any :p But for now here's a neat custom image that someone made (I had to edit it because the original was for 3DS XLs with a different trigger to enter sysnand) that I have set to show when I turn the console on!!

QySixQb.png

Thought about doing it to hack ACNL but I think that doesn't work anymore. And I really don't have any other games for the 3DS. But I like the sound of custom themes so I might just have to do it after all. Isn't it super complicated to get to work?

#177 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:14 PM

Thought about doing it to hack ACNL but I think that doesn't work anymore. And I really don't have any other games for the 3DS. But I like the sound of custom themes so I might just have to do it after all. Isn't it super complicated to get to work?

Oh, you mean access the save data manager? In order to do most of the homebrew stuff you gotta downgrade to the 9.2 firmware and the browser exploit still works on that, so you can still do your ACNL hacks ^^ But since Nintendo might send out another one of those silent browser blocks you could just install the Homebrew Launcher and access it without even needing to go online at all!!

But it isn't really complicated I guess? There are a bunch of great guides around. It just.... takes a LOT of time to get everything to work :x Like it's a 2-4 hour job minimum, and that's if you're really lucky and get everything to work in one try hahaha. Like I was trying to get things set up so I could boot directly into the emulatedNAND (it's basically like a virtual console running the 3DS's OS) for hours, it was being so finicky!! It was truly the worst lmao

Actually, are you using an old/original 3DS/XL/2DS? Or a New 3DS/XL? Of course there's always a chance you can brick your console no matter which one you're using doing this but its higher for N3DSes from what I've heard D:

#178 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:16 PM

So have any of you installed that homebrew stuff on your 3DSes or anything? I love the idea of custom themes and badges so I'm totally gonna make those "eventually"™. I'll probably post them here when/if I make any :p But for now here's a neat custom image that someone made (I had to edit it because the original was for 3DS XLs with a different trigger to enter sysnand) that I have set to show when I turn the console on!!

QySixQb.png

That's pretty neat. I used to do the homebrew stuff with the Wii but I'd do things so infrequently that I'd always have to remind myself how to do it. Maybe I should give it a go on my 3DS since it's just been collecting dust lately...

At least I've been getting a lot of use out of my WiiU by playing the new Xenoblade game. 

#179 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:29 PM

That's pretty neat. I used to do the homebrew stuff with the Wii but I'd do things so infrequently that I'd always have to remind myself how to do it. Maybe I should give it a go on my 3DS since it's just been collecting dust lately...

At least I've been getting a lot of use out of my WiiU by playing the new Xenoblade game. 

Yeah, you should give it a go!! Since you haven't used it in a while, do you know what firmware you're on? Since I was on 8.1 but since most of the programs people make are for 9.0/9.2 I was sorta forced to upgrade hahah. But that was a bit of a pain in the ass, it'd probably be easier for you to upgrade to 10.3 and then downgrading from there :p

But nice!! What's the new Xenoblade like? ^^

Even after all this time I'm still playing Splatoon here and there so Elin's Wii U isn't collecting any dust either lmao

#180 particulates

particulates
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:09 PM

My friend said Happy Home Designer kinda sux and I wanna know what other ppl think before I get it? It's already been out for a while but w/e.

#181 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:47 AM

My friend said Happy Home Designer kinda sux and I wanna know what other ppl think before I get it? It's already been out for a while but w/e.

Do you enjoy designing houses? That's all the game is and if you don't fancy that aspect of the game it's going to suck for you.

#182 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:05 PM

Yeah, you should give it a go!! Since you haven't used it in a while, do you know what firmware you're on? Since I was on 8.1 but since most of the programs people make are for 9.0/9.2 I was sorta forced to upgrade hahah. But that was a bit of a pain in the ass, it'd probably be easier for you to upgrade to 10.3 and then downgrading from there :p

But nice!! What's the new Xenoblade like? ^^

Even after all this time I'm still playing Splatoon here and there so Elin's Wii U isn't collecting any dust either lmao

Well if you've played any of the other Xenoblades its pretty similar. Giant open world to explore, tons of quests and side quests to occupy yourself with, the stories are along the same lines too, having to deal with Xenos. It really is beautiful to see and play although sometimes the camera bugs me. Lots of grinding too but it's a good way to pass the time, even if I'm 40 hours in I still feel like I've barely made a dent in the game. 

@onlyme has it, she likes it, but she is big on the customization of her house / town in AC:NL. 

#183 HolyQueen

HolyQueen
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:37 PM

Any idea when the next handheld system will be coming out? I kind of want a "New 3DS" but I'm really fond of my current Animal Crossing XL (the one that looks like a pop tart).

#184 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2016 - 10:46 PM

Any idea when the next handheld system will be coming out? I kind of want a "New 3DS" but I'm really fond of my current Animal Crossing XL (the one that looks like a pop tart).

Unless Nintendo has a surprise at e3 I think the 3DS is going to have a bit longer lifespan as Nintendo is focusing on the "New" Nintendo 3DS and developing the NX.

The DS had a seven year lifespan so the 3DS might have a similar one.

#185 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:00 AM

@onlyme has it, she likes it, but she is big on the customization of her house / town in AC:NL. 

I like it for a time killer and its utterly cute- and colorfullness, to distract my mind from shit. It's really all about furnishing houses though, lol. Nothing more to do.

#186 Butterball

Butterball
  • 99 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:23 AM

I like it for a time killer and its utterly cute- and colorfullness, to distract my mind from shit. It's really all about furnishing houses though, lol. Nothing more to do.

Yeah, the new items (food items especially) are super cute and you can re-visit any villager that you've decorated for, so it's like having a "town" with up to all 400 villagers in it. The process of placing and arranging furniture and outdoor items is hugely improved as well, but it IS just the decorating part so if you're more into bug catching and stuff it's probably not for you.

#187 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:45 PM

http://appleinsider....-phones-tablets

Two of Nintendo's most popular game series, Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing, will join the ranks of its first apps for smartphones and tablets, the console maker said on Wednesday.

The company also made several other announcements, including revealing that its next dedicated gaming system — currently codenamed the NX — will ship in March 2017.

#188 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:51 PM

All day I've been enjoying the salty tears of early Wii U adopters who solely got it for Zelda. They bought a console with just a estimated release date and are now crying at their waste of money instead of waiting until the game actually came out to invest in the console.

Of course I'm salty too, but only because I want to play the game UGH.

#189 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:22 PM

Psst! There's a new Humble Bundle for Ninendo

#190 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:01 PM

2ds / 3ds question, if any one could help I'd give you a cookie .

I just put a payment like 8 bucks on one at the local pawn here cuss I'm poor and I want one.. But they dont sell the SD cards with them just the charger and system. I plan to buy lot games on sales so what size SD card should go for?

#191 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:02 PM

2ds / 3ds question, if any one could help I'd give you a cookie .
I just put a payment like 8 bucks on one at the local pawn here cuss I'm poor and I want one.. But they dont sell the SD cards with them just the charger and system. I plan to buy lot games on sales so what size SD card should go for?

I have a 64GB in my 3DS and I have far, far too much space. 16GB at max. Maybe 32GB if you're going purely digital and you're planning on buying a good chunk of games.

#192 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:19 PM

I have a 64GB in my 3DS and I have far, far too much space. 16GB at max. Maybe 32GB if you're going purely digital and you're planning on buying a good chunk of games.

Thank you so much, I think 16gb would be great for me. Their some games I want hard copies of like pokemon/animalcrossing/harvestmoon then there are some like cooking mama's I want downloaded!

#193 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:45 PM

All day I've been enjoying the salty tears of early Wii U adopters who solely got it for Zelda. They bought a console with just a estimated release date and are now crying at their waste of money instead of waiting until the game actually came out to invest in the console.

Of course I'm salty too, but only because I want to play the game UGH.

Funny, I've been contemplating to get a Wii U for Zelda for a LONG time (and didn't get one until now because I can't even finish all the 3DS games I wanna play). Are there any more specific news about the NX? Are WiiU games gonna be playable on the new thing?

#194 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:10 AM

Funny, I've been contemplating to get a Wii U for Zelda for a LONG time (and didn't get one until now because I can't even finish all the 3DS games I wanna play). Are there any more specific news about the NX? Are WiiU games gonna be playable on the new thing?

Nothing yet. Some info would be nice, but we're not even getting any at e3. Just Zelda.

Maybe a direct closer to the release?

#195 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2016 - 04:42 PM

I've never played a Zelda game.. I'm tempting once I get my system pick up a cheap version any recommendations? I have 5-6 more months of baby payments til my system comes home.

2ds/3ds btw :3

#196 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:54 PM

I've never played a Zelda game.. I'm tempting once I get my system pick up a cheap version any recommendations? I have 5-6 more months of baby payments til my system comes home.

2ds/3ds btw :3

Well the 3DS has both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on the system. Both good titles. It also has A Link Between Worlds, but that has a lot of fanservice from A Link To The Past which is available on the eShop, but it only runs on the New 3DS.

#197 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:23 PM

Well the 3DS has both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on the system. Both good titles. It also has A Link Between Worlds, but that has a lot of fanservice from A Link To The Past which is available on the eShop, but it only runs on the New 3DS.

I don't think you need a New 3DS to run ALBW or ALttP?

#198 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:24 PM

I don't think you need a New 3DS to run ALBW or ALttP?

ALBW doesn't, but the SNES VC games need it.

#199 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:24 PM

ALBW doesn't, but the SNES VC games need it.

Huh. TIL.

#200 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:26 AM

Ocarina of Time looks like a good bet, going wait more than likely on sale for Majora's Mask. (dont want spend too much on a game I dont know I'll like lol) .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users