Hearthstone!

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Haliax

Haliax
  • 366 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:02 AM

I spent an... unreasonable amount on this when I first started playing, as my personality is wont to do. So I have some pretty nice cards which don't match up to my skill.

However I have been playing a deck I found on Hearthpwn which is really fun :)

http://www.hearthpwn...mage-combo-deck

Edited by Haliax, 04 May 2014 - 03:02 AM.

#2 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:26 AM

I played a little bit in the beta, but never really picked it up once it had been released. 

It's a fun game, for sure. I'll probably end up doing the bare minimum (10 ranked games?) to unlock the Hearthsteed mount in WoW.

#3 Haliax

Haliax
  • 366 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:27 AM

I played a little bit in the beta, but never really picked it up once it had been released. 

It's a fun game, for sure. I'll probably end up doing the bare minimum (10 ranked games?) to unlock the Hearthsteed mount in WoW.

I unlocked that yesterday and I haven't played enough ranked games, maybe it's just games against human opponents.

#4 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:28 AM

Aha - it's just three wins that you need for it:

http://www.hearthhea...nt=110/mount-up

#5 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:19 AM

I absolutely LOVE playing Hearthstone, especially now they have released it for iPads. I play a Warlock rush deck in ranked and it's so fun just herp-derping, and I occasionally play Arena to see if I can complete any daily quests in there. :)

#6 krigz

krigz
  • 101 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:30 PM

Hearthstone is one of my fav games atm. The one downfall of it is that you need to spend money to get good :(. I play on NA msg me if any of you wanna play. I use a token druid deck, it got me to rank 10 last season.

#7 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:40 AM

I play. Actually quite often.

I haven't this weekend because I've been out of town, but normally I play every other day to finish daily quests. My only complaint is that they give you a quest every day, but you can only have three at a time, so you've got to play very regularly to keep earning free gold.

Typically, I'll play ranked or unranked matches (depending on what class I've got to use) until I've lowered my quest count to 1 or 0, and then I might spend a little gold for an Arena run. I haven't put any real money into the game, so my card selection isn't great yet. But that's why I play Arena, for the chance to use cards I don't have yet. Also, you're guaranteed a single pack from each run, and although it's at a markup (+50%) over just buying the pack, the other rewards are often alright. Never really profitable, but just enough to keep me hooked.

My favorite classes are Shaman and Warlock.

#8 Haliax

Haliax
  • 366 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:44 AM

I've dropped a fair amount on this game :( If I am playing and in the right mood, I will just buy 40 packs for some brief entertainment. Then I go shopping and think 'I could've bought a weeks worth of food for that'.

Meh, got dat golden Sylvanas though. Fuck food.

#9 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:11 AM

I've been wanting to start playing this.. would be really cool if someone here could do up a Beginner's Guide ;) 

#10 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:26 AM

I've been wanting to start playing this.. would be really cool if someone here could do up a Beginner's Guide ;)

To be honest, the in-game tutorial is pretty damn comprehensive.

#11 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:32 AM

To be honest, the in-game tutorial is pretty damn comprehensive.

I haven't gotten that far yet *stares at download*
Do you know if there's cross-platform play between PC and iPad though? I noticed there are a few different download options and if your data carries between both I'd be pretty excited.

#12 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

I haven't gotten that far yet *stares at download*
Do you know if there's cross-platform play between PC and iPad though? I noticed there are a few different download options and if your data carries between both I'd be pretty excited.

Yeah, it's all associated with your battle.net account.

#13 Lightsora65

Lightsora65
  • 62 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:41 AM

I play it too. The proudest thing I achieved was 10 Arena wins hope I can get to 12 today.

#14 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:41 PM

I got a Legendary today! Probably not a big deal to most of you guys but I was so excited lol

#15 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:49 PM

I can't get into my Battle.net account :( *cries* it's been that long since I used it I don't remember my credentials and I can't get ahold of support, it just comes up with a blank page -_-

#16 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

I can't get into my Battle.net account :( *cries* it's been that long since I used it I don't remember my credentials and I can't get ahold of support, it just comes up with a blank page -_-

Make a new one. :p I discovered I had two.. I didn't even realize. One is like 3 years old and one is around 2 years old. Whoops

#17 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

It's better to call support anyway. You should be able to find a number for Australia on the googles.

#18 krigz

krigz
  • 101 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:26 PM

I got a Legendary today! Probably not a big deal to most of you guys but I was so excited lol

Which Legendary was it? Legendary cards are actually pretty rare. There is a 1% chance of getting a Legendary each from each card in a pack they say.

#19 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:58 AM

Which Legendary was it? Legendary cards are actually pretty rare. There is a 1% chance of getting a Legendary each from each card in a pack they say.

It was Gruul

#20 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:37 AM

Ended up making a new battle.net account instead of trying to recover my other one. I'm a tad annoyed though, as the old one had a beta legendary card :( Oh wells! Now I can get back into it again anyway. Looking forward to it actually.

#21 BigMcLargeHuge

BigMcLargeHuge
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:45 AM

I played the beta and enjoying it in release, but man alive the ranked games are so annoyingly brutal now.  Not many fun games to play anymore cause of the non stop rush hunter decks and gimmick decks just get so annoying.  Lately been playing just to get to rank 20 for the new card backs lol :)

#22 Lightsora65

Lightsora65
  • 62 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

I played the beta and enjoying it in release, but man alive the ranked games are so annoyingly brutal now.  Not many fun games to play anymore cause of the non stop rush hunter decks and gimmick decks just get so annoying.  Lately been playing just to get to rank 20 for the new card backs lol :)

Yeah but the thing is once you played against these decks. You can imagine what could hapen one or two turns later

At first I had also problems against these "internet" decks but now I easily can get to rank 13

#23 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:07 PM

Not even. I think I unlocked the Hearthsteed mount after unlocking every hero. Which is easy as shit. :p
However, make sure you claim it immediately because I guess it expires once you close Hearthstone :/

Aha - it's just three wins that you need for it:

http://www.hearthhea...nt=110/mount-up

Ohh just saw this.
I still hadn't played 3 ranked games when I unlocked it but this does sound easier than unlocking every hero first.

#24 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:15 PM

my husband loves this game!! There are plenty of games that codexians play that he plays... well, besides neopets. I should make him join lol.

#25 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:54 PM

my husband loves this game!! There are plenty of games that codexians play that he plays... well, besides neopets. I should make him join lol.

Yes do it! the more the merrier. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users