Photo

[Guide] To Multi-Email Addresses

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 666

• 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:33 AM

So many people on Neopets and other websites have the problem of having to supply an e-mail with an account, and not being able to use it again.
Here is what I do, and it will explain itself.

I will show you how to make all of your e-mails route to your main e-mail account without having to make another million accounts, just one, and here is the step by step guide.

Step 1:
http://my.dot.tk/

Step 2:
Create and register for an account (USE the e-mail you want all of your other e-mail accounts to go to!)

Step 3:
Go to TK Mailias

Step 4:
TK Mailias Settings

Step 5:
Add a domain (at the bottom of Current Virtual email addresses section)

Step 6: 
Create the mailias and the ---> should be the e-mail that you want them forwarded too.

Voila!

Check your e-mail that you want the accounts forwarded too to confirm it, and its all done.

Note:
On a TK Mailias only domain please note that your TK Mailias will continue to work if you receive at least 10 emails over a period of 90 days, on all your virtual email addresses together within one domain name. If domain forwarding is active then the usual 25 hits in 90 days rule will take precedent.

So spam the e-mail once in a while every 3 months so the e-mail is good and remains there.

So now when you click forgot password, on the accounts you can get all of the e-mails to one e-mail so it is easier for you to use/manage things!

This should make it so multiple e-mails forward to the same account without having to pay for a service ^__^

If anything is confusing, let me know~

Edited by Andrewb, 08 May 2014 - 08:06 AM.

#2 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:41 AM

Nice guide - +rep.

Unfortunately the obvious downside is that you could completely lose access to your account if you forget to send those 10 emails per 90 days. 

If you're comfortable keeping up with it then no worries.

#3 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:41 AM

Is it just me or is everything highlighted in white?
It's a great guide because I need a better way to make shell emails.

Edited by Satsuki, 08 May 2014 - 07:42 AM.

#4 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:50 AM

Is it just me or is everything highlighted in white?
It's a great guide because I need a better way to make shell emails.

I'm assuming it's because he's from another site and just copy/pasted his guide over without using the little eraser tool.

#5 666

• 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:08 AM

Nice guide - +rep.

Unfortunately the obvious downside is that you could completely lose access to your account if you forget to send those 10 emails per 90 days. 

If you're comfortable keeping up with it then no worries.

Yeah, that is a downside.

It may also be useful to just sign up for a service/email list that you know will send X amount of e-mails.

Neopets doesn't send nearly as much, but perhaps if you put your pet in the neolodge a few times, that sends an e-mail that it's checking out

#6 twobada

twobada
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:09 AM

That's pretty cool. How about using outlook? You can create multiple aliases using just one 'real' email

#7 666

• 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:21 AM

That's pretty cool. How about using outlook? You can create multiple aliases using just one 'real' email

I've never used outlook before, so I really wouldn't know :/

#8 twobada

twobada
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

I've never used outlook before, so I really wouldn't know :/

I see. I'm using it and so far, I've set up 6 aliases that act like real emails. I don't know if there's a limit to the amount of aliases you can make.

You still get all your emails in one Inbox but you can also create a rule to make emails for a certain alias go to a folder for that certain alias. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users