• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

Recently @Kat and I have been getting into the use of TSM etc to manipulate a few markets on our server, and we're seeing some pretty nice profits.

What methods have you used to make gold? 

#2 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:38 PM

More than doubled my gold in 3 days :p 7k > 15k. Using inscription and selling a few transmog items.

Edited by Kat, 13 May 2014 - 03:38 PM.

#3 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:45 PM

Very, very slowly.

I don't care enough about gold to go nuts earning it :p I make enough from derping around to get me by.

#4 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

I never really cared before, but with all the expensive mounts this expansion I'm looking forward to affording some of them.

Also now that I've started making money I've become addicted and greedy >:3

#5 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:49 PM

I never really cared before, but with all the expensive mounts this expansion I'm looking forward to affording some of them.
Also now that I've started making money I've become addicted and greedy >:3

It's only really the yak that's crazy expensive, and reforging is out in WoD anyhow.

#6 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

It's only really the yak that's crazy expensive, and reforging is out in WoD anyhow.

I'm going for the jeweled onyx panther, which costs around 88k or so to make in total :p

#7 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

I'm going for the jeweled onyx panther, which costs around 88k or so to make in total :p

That's true.
I'd rather just craft it, though.

#8 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

That's true.
I'd rather just craft it, though.

That's how much it will cost to craft. :p

The Orb of Mystery is 18k (with guild perk) and you need 4 of those, 1 for each of the panthers.

#9 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

That's how much it will cost to craft. :p
The Orb of Mystery is 18k (with guild perk) and you need 4 of those, 1 for each of the panthers.

...oh, herp. I forgot about those stupid forced vendor mats -_-

#10 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:05 PM

...oh, herp. I forgot about those stupid forced vendor mats -_-

Yeah don't worry, Dan and I made that mistake when we made one together to sell. It still hasn't sold -.- 

#11 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

Yeah don't worry, Dan and I made that mistake when we made one together to sell. It still hasn't sold -.-

Well, learn that one then :p

#12 Mastermind

Mastermind
  • 324 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:49 AM

Challenge mode gold boosts and selling junk from soloing old raids in my main server.

In Earthen Ring (RP realm), I make gold from herbalism/mining, CRZ still haven't affected Earthen Ring plus it's a low pop server, so there is almost no competition.

#13 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

I make my gold through the Tillers. Having 9 different level 90's, I plant the ore-plant and just log on, clear the farm and plant the seeds. I then mail it to my bank-alt, and then use my wowarmory app during my commutes to put the ores on the Auction house and bam, small yet a steady stream of gold for about 30 minutes of play time... xD #chinesefarmer

#14 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:39 PM

Sky shard farming is my number one-- which translates roughly to: Windwool, guo lai cache keys, greens, plundered treasure chests and motes of harmony.

Its fun! probably the most fun Ive ever had farming anything because every drop is a prize of some sort. 

Windwool - I get a metric shit ton of this so I make:

Bolts of Windwool - 140g per stack and they sell fast (tailoring dailies). I dont even put these on the AH, I just post in trades when I'm in a city and someone will usually buy all.

Crafted PvP Gear - offer to craft complete sets and also put a few on AH for xmog. I'm not sure how boosted gear measures up but they seem to like these.

The Guo Lai Treasure Chests have a chance at dropping imperial silks, combined with my daily CD and the ones you can make with spirits of harmony = Royal Satchels faster. They also drop mats, greens, gold, rep tokens and cooking mats for those new (best) food buffs. I cook a few stacks of those to fill the AH. Not alot of competition because they're timed ingredients and people can't be bothered. 

Plundered Treasures - self explanatory. More opportunities to get motes, greens, mats, blues etc.

Sky shards -  collect 10 and sell the Alani the Stormborn tag for 40k

I also sell 2s carries for 100g a win on both factions and mysterious fortune cards by the thousands. 

I've always provided the sugar in game for my hubs but right now I'm doing this out of necessity.

Spoiler

#15 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

Holy shit, all ya'll doing so much hard work.

Just scam people and guilds. It's like taking advantage of a drunk person and getting them to buy you rounds at the bar.

#16 Alyeena

Alyeena
  • *brohoof*

• 81 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:47 PM

Holy shit, all ya'll doing so much hard work.

Just scam people and guilds. It's like taking advantage of a drunk person and getting them to buy you rounds at the bar.

Haha omg, that so true tho. I used to do that all the time. Well the drinks at the bar thing not the stealing golds from guilds, but it was easy since I'm a pretty girl.

But I could never steal gold from my guild, it's mine and almost everyone in it are real life friends, so would be a little weird.

I make most of my gold with profs, i have all of them maxed out. (except LW, fuck that)

#17 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

the gm just has to open a ticket and the items and nps usually get returned/mailed back within a day.. not sure what happens to the scammer, but I couldnt bring myself to risk an account for that little.

Yikes. Even if my account remained intact my reputation probably wouldnt. Its very easy to view mains and alts associated to that person if you know where to look. (wowprogress)

#18 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

It's not too much effort to make gold with the right trade skill :)

I just use the TradeSkillMaster addon.. I can cancel and post auctions very quickly, then go on to do my dailies or raids etc. while raking in the gold ^_^

#19 JustACactus

JustACactus
  • 74 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:50 AM

I find the fastest way to make a bunch of gold (at least for MoP) is to start off with around 20k (need money to make money), characters with jewelcrafting, enchanting, and mining (optional).

Buy or farm as much ore as possible. Prospect the ore into gems. Of the 6 gem colors, there are 2 combinations of 3 colors that craft into rings. Craft as many JC rings from the gems as you can, and then send them to your enchanter. Rare quality gems can be cut and sold right away. Disenchant the rings (most will be uncommon quality, but around 20% may be rare). Depending on the server economy, you can either sell the enchanting mats as raw material, or pick and choose specific enchants to make.

This method usually doubles my initial investment over the span of a week. Obviously, more materials take longer to sell. It's just important to be patient, Similar idea for buying raw herbs if they're cheap to make flasks on my elixir master to resell (strength, intellect, and agility only).

Good luck.

#20 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:52 AM

I find the fastest way to make a bunch of gold (at least for MoP) is to start off with around 20k (need money to make money), characters with jewelcrafting, enchanting, and mining (optional).

Buy or farm as much ore as possible. Prospect the ore into gems. Of the 6 gem colors, there are 2 combinations of 3 colors that craft into rings. Craft as many JC rings from the gems as you can, and then send them to your enchanter. Rare quality gems can be cut and sold right away. Disenchant the rings (most will be uncommon quality, but around 20% may be rare). Depending on the server economy, you can either sell the enchanting mats as raw material, or pick and choose specific enchants to make.

This method usually doubles my initial investment over the span of a week. Obviously, more materials take longer to sell. It's just important to be patient, Similar idea for buying raw herbs if they're cheap to make flasks on my elixir master to resell (strength, intellect, and agility only).

Good luck.

Yep, the "Ghost Iron Shuffle".

I make ~4k profit every couple of days from selling enchants with mats bought from the AH, which is a steady amount for the time involved.

#21 domiowa

domiowa
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:53 PM

I did a lot of money with my two alchemists

#22 dblanch369

dblanch369
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:28 PM

My Tillers farm, and doin dailies.  Then I see the extras on the AH.

#23 everlander

everlander
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:06 AM

Just running dungeons to level and get gear is enough, then sell the drops. 

Anytime you get to sell junk from playing the game outside of just aiming for a profit, well,,, you make a profit! 8D

Also, run the ollld BC dungeons and stuff! Just vendor, no need for a wonderful AH market.  :lol2:

#24 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:06 PM

I've had a terrible time later in this expansion trying to make gold. Trying to sell glyphs is just too tedious, even with TSM. Transmogs also have been a huge goldsink since they don't sell too well on my server.

#25 Mastermind

Mastermind
  • 324 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:57 PM

My main income in Draenor is boosting people in the Colliseum. I couldn't believe people were paying over 100k gold just for 5 minute work (That's about 10k-15k gold for each in the group, depends on how many people show up). Though we haven't boosted from few weeks now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wow, gold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users