• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

I did a few optional rules... I didn't use any Pokemart which made me really value the random pokeballs found around. No catchings or using Legendaries, since they are technically not the first encounter in that area. I also did not use my Master Ball.

Well with Repels you can get around that, but even still if someone uses a legendary during a nuzlocke they're a scrub. I just kill 'em and snag that free exp.

#27 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

I've never really played a full Nuzlocke game, I always give up before the first gym xD I prefer Randomized games, it's like playing a total different version, because you never know which pokemon you'll find.

#28 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

I've never really played a full Nuzlocke game, I always give up before the first gym xD I prefer Randomized games, it's like playing a total different version, because you never know which pokemon you'll find.

What do you mean exactly?

#29 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:00 PM

What do you mean exactly?

A randomised game is a modified ROM which has various aspects of the game randomised. Wild pokemon, move sets, trainer pokemon, found items etc.

#30 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:44 PM

Recently I'm trying randomized runs, I find them a lot more interesting because you could find anything in the wild or a battle. So far I'm running an Emerald run (which has been interesting since it's my first time playing Emerald) as well as a HeartGold run (something about seeing your pokemon following you around fires me up ovo).

TOTALLY. I loved the following Pokemon sprite to bits xD It would be very elaborate in X/Y but I wish they'd include this feature again sometime (or would it look weird? xD)

#31 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:48 AM

A randomised game is a modified ROM which has various aspects of the game randomised. Wild pokemon, move sets, trainer pokemon, found items etc.

Ah okay thanks for clarification.

There is a Pokemon game floating around somewhere that defaults with Randomize and has a couple other features too. I'll find out exactly what it is and where it is and share it later. Some people on PS have been talking about it recently.

http://www.pokemonze...n.com/index.php

Pokemon Zeta and Pokemon Omicron have a built in Nuzlocke.

Edited by Yung, 15 May 2014 - 02:48 AM.

#32 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

Just thought I'd mention that I'm starting up a Platinum nuzlocke, since many people have said it's probably the hardest one to win. Combine that with the fact I haven't played Sinnoh in forever and you've got a difficult run ahead of you.

Can't really decide on a starter though. Kinda want either Piplup or Chimchar.

#33 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

A friend of mine recently played Ruby - Pokemon Y using only water type. Ran complete Water Mono teams and only ever fished once the options to do so were available.

#34 CibuMattie

CibuMattie
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:59 AM

I'm kind of... Nuzlocke Challenging on my Pokémon SoulSilver cartridge right now, but not quite. I started a new game, and traded over some level 1 Pokémon (Miltank, Dratini, three others) and I'm gonna try through the game without them fainting, and without catching any other Pokémon. Except a HM slave later on for Fly/Surf/etc. 

#35 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

Had a competition one time where my friends and i raced to the Elite 4 with only certain pokemon allowed. The rule was that we can only use pokemon within the colour group the person was assigned. We used this as a reference (http://bulbapedia.bu...okémon_by_color). We used a random number generator from 1-10 and depending on what number we got, that would be the colour we can only use.

Example:

4 would be green therefore i could only use whatever is listed.

Since some groups are smaller then that person gets a handicap where they get another group assigned to them.

#36 SinSin

SinSin
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

My goal is to one day do a Nuzlocke run. I have an little-used X cart that would be perfect for it. The problem is that I get way too attached to these little bytes of data. I would hate to end up having to release a Pokemon I really liked. Still, it sounds like a fun challenge that I really should try.

#37 everlander

everlander
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:43 PM

These are cool! I will only say, since little, I had to not let Pokemon faint. I save a lot, and if my Pokemon faint, I turn off my game to go back last save point. It makes it fun because taught me how to predict the battles very well. Challenge to win whole game and never lose a Pokemon! Maybe an OCD made me so diligent. I will still not let a Pokemon faint. 

Competitive battles are different of course. My rule I only apply to battles where heal items are available.  :lol2:

#38 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:53 PM

My most beautiful Nuze moment was when my first encounter in some earlygame SS cavern was a super-high-level Steelix. And I caught it with my last pokeball.

I play with tougher rules; no healing items during battle, game mode at 'set', not 'switch'. Makes it way tougher, especially the latter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users