• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nentusia

Nentusia
  • 134 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:33 AM

Finally a Board where I can use my knowledge a.k.a my link collection :wub:

Here's a bunch of stuff for people who write. I guess those can also be helpful if you need to write an exam for school/university or stuff like that ;)

I didn't need them myself yet, but here you go.

OneLook Reverse Dictionary
OneLook's reverse dictionary lets you describe a concept and get back a list of words and phrases related to that concept. Your description can be a few words, a sentence, a question, or even just a single word.

Rhyme Zone

You can find nearly everything. Rhymes, synonyms, related words, definitions etc.

Tip of my Tongue

Whenever you can't remember a word/sentence.. you can type in a partial word, some letters, the word meaning etc. and the nagging question of what you couldn't remember will be solved ;)

Wordle

Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text.

45 ways to avoid "very"

Scholarpedia

like Wikipedia (focussing on science), and peer-reviewed

Several links for tipps and tricks on studying and writing

A simplified tutorial on how to write an essay

I found this on tumblr and it's actually good! I never learned it this way in school and will definitely think of it the next time I have to create an essay or something similar.

A masterpost for writing #1

A masterpost for writing #2

Wolframalpha

Okay, not exactly for writing, but still amazing. Similar to wikipedia, but can also be used to solve math problems. Look here to see what for amazing things this site can tell you ♥ :wub:

Edited by Nentusia, 15 May 2014 - 04:04 AM.

#2 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:51 AM

This is wonderful @Nentusia, thank you so much for sharing.

I'm always looking for more writing resources and despite the fact I write almost purely for my own benefit these days I think it's still wonderful to have a comprehensive guide such as this for these resources that I need.

#3 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:37 AM

Wikipedia... you may not be allowed to reference wikipedia at university level, but you can reference the websites wikipedia references. :) 

#4 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:44 AM

thanks, @Nentusia! those websites and articles are extremely helpful. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: life hacks, writing, essay, study, tips, words, tutorial

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users