2 replies to this topic

#1 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:21 AM

Weakness Policy

Attack and Sp. Atk sharply increase when hit super effectively. Single use.
Weakness Policy can be used to boost a weak pokemon to give it a tactical edge or a bulky pokemon (more common usage) to give it a free buff. What I like doing is a bulky Dragonite with the Multiscale ability. Dragonite can survive some of the heaviest of Super Effective hits and the free boost to it's attack means it can instantly retaliate with a devastating fury.

Another fun choice is Weakness Policy Carracosta. It takes the advantage given by Weakness Policy and couples it with its main supportive move, Shell Smash, to boost it's stats sky high making it deadly combination when used effectively.

What other competitive builds can really take advantage of Weakness Policy? Do you like using it or do you forgo it for more common item selections?

#2 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

As fun as Weakness Policy Dragonite is, I think it's better off coming in on something it scares and using Dragon Dance while sporting a Lum Berry, unless of course you're using Roost and or Agility to bait in stuff you can set up on, but that also means you have less coverage. And Weakness Policy Shell Smash Carracoasta I don't think is too great of an item either, because you're lowering your defenses and keeping them lowered, something that coupled with its already low HP means one nicely placed priority move and it's game over.

That being said, Unburden Belly Drum Slurpuff with Weakness Policy is fun to use, but even then I'd rather run Sitrus Berry on it.

It's a nice item, but I personally think with actual use it's somewhat gimmicky and inconsistent.

#3 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:58 PM

As fun as Weakness Policy Dragonite is, I think it's better off coming in on something it scares and using Dragon Dance while sporting a Lum Berry, unless of course you're using Roost and or Agility to bait in stuff you can set up on, but that also means you have less coverage. And Weakness Policy Shell Smash Carracoasta I don't think is too great of an item either, because you're lowering your defenses and keeping them lowered, something that coupled with its already low HP means one nicely placed priority move and it's game over.

That being said, Unburden Belly Drum Slurpuff with Weakness Policy is fun to use, but even then I'd rather run Sitrus Berry on it.

It's a nice item, but I personally think with actual use it's somewhat gimmicky and inconsistent.

I've simply found it works best on pokemon that have a wide range of weaknesses, thus increasing the chance of a SE move hitting them. Obviously more bulk the better usage you'll get from Weakness Policy. I was thinking maybe a bulky Tyranitar but Assault Vest TTar gets massive stats so...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pokemon, item, stat increaser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users