• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

Does anyone else play the Souls series? I played Demon Souls and Dark souls to death, and I'm finally getting into Dark Souls II. The game seems a lot less macabre than the first two, but I'm digging the environments. Maybe I'm just used to it, by now.

I've only gotten through the first two bosses so far, and I'm happy with the difficulty level. I haven't played a Souls game in more than a year, so I had forgotten how much patience is required. :p I decided to start out with a hack'n'slash character for now, hopefully I'll transition into a dexterity build by the late game.

Does anyone else play? :D

#2 Mew

Mew
  • 626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:52 AM

I've been playing it. It's my first experience of the series so I found the learning curve to be a bit steep but I'm getting the hang of it now.

I think learning patience and timing was the big thing.

#3 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

I got half way through the first dark souls and completely fucked my character up with the stats so i gave up, and i've just got up to the poison place in dark souls 2, taking a little break before i start with this next bullshit.

Also:

Spoiler

#4 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

6d42feffca4df05d98c3b180226c80fd61709cb5

#5 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:44 PM

#6 Choconilla

Choconilla
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

Oh god I want to but I've heard it's so difficult. -totally afraid of straight out being aim shanked in dungeons- My whimpiness prevents me from trying.

Edited by Choconilla, 17 May 2014 - 04:10 PM.

#7 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:03 PM

I got half way through the first dark souls and completely fucked my character up with the stats so i gave up, and i've just got up to the poison place in dark souls 2, taking a little break before i start with this next bullshit.

Also:

Spoiler

There's a poison place? nopenopenope

Oh god. I wish my invading phantoms dicked around like that. They tend to pinpoint my location and obliterate me with fireballs, instead. :(

#8 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:37 AM

There's a poison place? nopenopenope

Oh god. I wish my invading phantoms dicked around like that. They tend to pinpoint my location and obliterate me with fireballs, instead. :(

You need to channel your innner chordagoth

#9 DasBear

DasBear
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:21 AM

I like to call myself a pretty serious Demons/Dark Souls player. I have two Xbox accounts, one for casual and other for serious business (invading and trolling only). I spent way too much money on the limited edition merch, art books and game guides, shirts and a future cosplay I'm whipping up together. 

I've completed all the games and I do a lot of helpful co-op. Dark Souls II is...okay in my opinion. Demon Souls is my favorite by far. 

#10 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:29 PM

I've been watching a lot of live speedruns recently, this shit is crazy. Some of these glitches/strats are GLODlike

#11 domiowa

domiowa
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:17 AM

is it better than the first?

I really like Demon soul, but less dark souls (I found it too easy)

#12 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:30 AM

is it better than the first?

I really like Demon soul, but less dark souls (I found it too easy)

I'm almost done with Dark Souls II now, and I think it was around the same difficulty as Dark Souls. It's really hard to tell, because the more you play those games the easier they get. :p

#13 squirvderv

squirvderv
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:02 AM

I just started playing Dark Souls a couple days ago for the very first time :D But should I go back and play Demon Souls before Dark Souls II?

#14 Arduno

Arduno
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

Gonna try Dark Souls one day 

but for now you can just call me a chicken xD

Still you guys make me interested in playing it...

#15 Akixre

Akixre
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

Dark Souls isn't as hard as people say, it's just that games nowadays are much easier. I think Nintendo or whatever did a study on a bunch of people who tried to play the original Mario and they failed miserably. Because it was too "hard".

My xbox is broke but for now I'm just watching my bf play it lol

#16 SpectralWeasel

SpectralWeasel
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:51 AM

Do I play the Souls Series? HELL YES. Some of the best video games of all freakin' time. I've played all three(Couldn't beat Demons Souls though, that game is cruel. XD) But I've played and beaten Dark Souls 1 and 2....Multiple times. I'm currently waiting on the edge of my seat for the Lost Crown DLC.

So far my favorite class is a Hexer. They suck at first, but once you start upgrading your Sunset Staff you become a force of nature!

(Screw soul-costing spells though.)

I also like a fully offensive barbarian wielding a Giant Warrior Club ad a tattered prisoner cloth. Because screw armor. (Oh, and Vanquisher's Seal, that thing is friggin' dope.)

#17 theorange

theorange
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:20 AM

Dark Souls is epic, I have it on 360, you die so much though just randomly walking places and falling off the edge of a cliff or something x.x.

Save often! Very good game though, if you're looking to get it i'd say its worth it

#18 ErraticSeven

ErraticSeven
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:41 PM

snorlaxpikachufinal.jpg

Dark Souls in a nutshell.

#19 liquidrage

liquidrage
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:37 PM

I love the Souls series, especially the LACK of features. No minimap, awesome. No "checkpoints", awesome. Getting fucked up by a skeleton because you went left instead of right and wanted to ragequit five minutes in (this is Dark Souls 1, for those who don't know), awesome. Honestly I was disappointed in Dark Souls 2's difficulty level, it was much easier for me to pick up than the first one, and I hadn't played for years between the two.

#20 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:21 AM

I love the Souls series, especially the LACK of features. No minimap, awesome. No "checkpoints", awesome. Getting fucked up by a skeleton because you went left instead of right and wanted to ragequit five minutes in (this is Dark Souls 1, for those who don't know), awesome. Honestly I was disappointed in Dark Souls 2's difficulty level, it was much easier for me to pick up than the first one, and I hadn't played for years between the two.

Have you played Demon's Souls? Even harder than Dark Souls. I still have nightmares about the Tower of Latria.

#21 pancakemachine

pancakemachine
  • 60 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:21 PM

I've played the dark souls and demon souls games but if you like those you should really try the new bloodborne game it's pretty fun 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users