• Please log in to reply
672 replies to this topic

#1 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:49 AM

POPULAR POST!

For starters, if you are new to Food Club and would like a detailed explanation of how everything works, then check out this guide before proceeding any further/making any crazy bets.

With that said, there are various sites all over the internet where you can copy people's food club bets in an attempt to make some easy NP. I hadn't seen a thread like this here so I figured I would make one. I will try to update the OP every weekday with the bets I am going to use that afternoon (not necessarily my own), so you can feel free to copy them or share your own bets/strategies. I typically bet the maximum which is 10 bets, as well as the maximum NP it will allow which varies based on how old your account is. The names listed from left to right correspond to the arena in which they appear: Shipwreck, Lagoon, Treasure Island, Hidden Cove, Harpoon Harry's. Typically my safer and much less risky bets will just be copied from Hugo if you are familar with him and his betting strategy. I have also included links to bets made by other popular Neopians in case you don't like what you see here.

Useful Links

Food Club

Garet's Bets

Lefty's Bets

High Risk Bets April 10th 2015

21njdya.jpg

Edited by talbs, 10 April 2015 - 05:49 AM.

#2 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:01 AM

thanks for this I had done the lower risk bets already but thanks

#3 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:13 AM

Awesome. I figured making a thread here could maybe encourage more people to try out Food Club, as well as give people on Codex a universal place to check the bets in the forums, versus having to go to those other sites.

#4 mst3kluv

mst3kluv
  • 156 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:19 AM

Thank you!

#5 acrossthesky

acrossthesky
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:23 AM

Thank you for this. I went with Hugo for a while but wanted some riskier bets, so I usually go with bernz's bets now since he's about as consistent as Hugo but with (usually) higher return. I will be so glad to get a trophy in this one day, but I think I need to go even riskier.

Edited by acrossthesky, 22 May 2014 - 06:24 AM.

#6 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:33 AM

Thank you!

No problem!

Thank you for this. I went with Hugo for a while but wanted some riskier bets, so I usually go with bernz's bets now since he's about as consistent as Hugo but with (usually) higher return. I will be so glad to get a trophy in this one day, but I think I need to go even riskier.

I am the same way. I have been using Hugo's for a while now and when his bets bust it really aggravates me. I went with some very risky ones a few days ago and made over 1.5 million so I am hooked with the risky approach for now.

#7 acrossthesky

acrossthesky
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:38 AM

I am the same way. I have been using Hugo's for a while now and when his bets bust it really aggravates me. I went with some very risky ones a few days ago and made over 1.5 million so I am hooked with the risky approach for now.

Yes! I did the same thing a few days ago, made 104:10, and it was glorious, at last. Never going back. I don't mind days when I bust making high risk bets.

Previously I'd been seeing people making huge wins while I'd get 40:10 or so....nice, but lame.

#8 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:40 AM

Yes! I did the same thing a few days ago, made 104:10, and it was glorious, at last. Never going back. I don't mind days when I bust making high risk bets.

Previously I'd been seeing people making huge wins while I'd get 40:10 or so....nice, but lame.

I loved making a couple hundred thousand NP and hated even more when I'd waste my 75k or so in bets for the day without any winnings, but given the fact that all my NP is made from cheating with Abrosia and stuff anyway, it's not that big of a deal. The big wins are much more satisfying, even if that means consecutive days or even weeks of losing streaks.

#9 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:18 AM

If anybody has any interesting ideas or epiphanies on different bet selection methods I'd be interested to hear them. :)

#10 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:30 AM

I feel like the strategy Hugo uses that's listed on his page is probably the best and most rational approach. He typically has a very detailed explanation as to why he bets the way he does, although upsets do happen and things don't go his way from time to time.  Lately when making my own bets I have been going by these projections, which include food adjustments for each participant and is a pretty detailed analysis overall. 

Edited by talbs, 22 May 2014 - 07:30 AM.

#11 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:33 AM

Got any theories on if weight and strength affects anything?

#12 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:46 AM

From what I have read, the strength corresponds with how well they are likely to do in that particular round, whereas the weight has nothing to do with the outcome.

Edited by talbs, 22 May 2014 - 07:46 AM.

#13 DasBear

DasBear
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:00 AM

I was just putting in my bets. This is awesome! Thank you. =)

#14 acrossthesky

acrossthesky
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

Curse this world. Nothing today.

Tail x SEO x Fairfax X Scurvy Dan x Puffo

I've been holding for the past six days, but two of them have been busts. Think I'm going to collect and accept the fact that I'm not going to get a trophy.

Edited by acrossthesky, 22 May 2014 - 12:11 PM.

#15 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:07 PM

Both the high and low risk completely busted today. Better luck tomorrow I suppose. I will update the thread with new bets when I have them! Lagoon was extremely risky to participate in anyway, but Puffo winning in Harpoon Harry's with 12:1 odds was a huge upset.

Edited by talbs, 22 May 2014 - 12:09 PM.

#16 Haliax

Haliax
  • 366 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:12 PM

When it comes to betting or gambling of any type, I've always had to use my own work or 'tips' whatever you want to call it. It's just the allure, it's so rewarding.

#17 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:46 PM

When it comes to betting or gambling of any type, I've always had to use my own work or 'tips' whatever you want to call it. It's just the allure, it's so rewarding.

Eh, perhaps, but like with autobuying, the simpler the procedure, the better it is for me. I don't care how I get the NP, as long as I get them!

#18 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:49 PM

[attachment=11335:yeah.png]

:cool:

#19 Haliax

Haliax
  • 366 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:55 PM

Damn you!  :( I'm on a losing streak as I suck.

#20 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:03 PM

Damn you!  :( I'm on a losing streak as I suck.

Follow your guts, man. Follow your guts.

I don't lose a bet since about a year ago or so. O_o

I'm actually sad Squire didn't win (he's highly underrated *hint hint ;)* just like Gooblah is SO overrated). The payout would have been much better.

#21 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:39 PM

Nice win. Maybe in the future I will do more in-depth research and manufacture some good bets on my own, but for now I will probably keep reposting bets from the internet so that the lazy amongst us (myself included) can have something to go by, with little to no effort!

#22 Tipps102

Tipps102
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for this! Slightly riskier than Hugo who is just too safe for me. Ya he gets a decent profit but I don't have the time to do his bets every day to make sure I get a payoff.

Edited by Tipps102, 22 May 2014 - 08:33 PM.

#23 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:46 AM

OP Updated. I don't know how to change the topic name or I would update the title each day when I changed the bets. I believe I am going to play it safe and go with Hugo's bets today.

#24 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:48 AM

OP Updated. I don't know how to change the topic name or I would update the title each day when I changed the bets. I believe I am going to play it safe and go with Hugo's bets today.

Click the edit button and then go into the full editor. ;)

#25 Haliax

Haliax
  • 366 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:49 AM

Follow your guts, man. Follow your guts.

I don't lose a bet since about a year ago or so. O_o

I'm actually sad Squire didn't win (he's highly underrated *hint hint ;)* just like Gooblah is SO overrated). The payout would have been much better.

Gooblah is underrated all the time if anything. He is the best value!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: neopoints, gambling, risky, cheating, neopets, tips, help, food club, bets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users