ac ix

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Floofy

Floofy
  • 48 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:23 PM

Yay, a good ol' rant board.  I haven't made a topic before besides my introduction, so if this is in the wrong place let me know.

I just decided I better get this off my mind before I go to sleep (so tired)

...but are the yooyuball players genders still messed up from last year?  I remember last year a board mentioning the players' genders exploded and also discussed the fact there are multiple all-male teams but no all-female.  TNT deleted the board and silenced a bunch of people of course :ohwell:

Anyway at first glance I realize this is still true and maybe the genders are still mixed up on certain players.  I thought that would be an easy enough fix!  They could have just deleted that little bit of text (male) or (female) and no one would even care.

Well, I figured there is less chance of this topic being deleted and participants silenced here. ;) Couldn't find any mention of it on the neoboards.

#2 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:36 PM

it's an outrage!

all-female groups sound good. faerieland should be one.

#3 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:56 PM

If Faerieland was all female I'd have played for them 9 years in a row. I'm sad to admit this kind of thing influences my team pick.

Rhee & Derbi! *fangirls*

#4 Cupcakes

Cupcakes
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:22 AM

Why in the world would they silence players for asking for some players to be female? Seems like the easiest fix in the world to just... you know... make some players female...

#5 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:20 AM

They likely didn't want controversy. TNT tends to silence first before anything.

#6 Cupcakes

Cupcakes
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:50 AM

They likely didn't want controversy. TNT tends to silence first before anything.

I was getting suspended a lot before I took my hiatus. Sounds like a good thing I did, too, because I would probably be frozen by now! Just yet another good reason to stay off the boards! 

#7 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:55 AM

Shh... they don't like you criticizing their work! XD

#8 Bunnerina

Bunnerina
  • 44 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:33 AM

What I'm really upset about is the fact that they added a new player to the HW team (Crade) and they didnt make them female : / 

#9 Pamplemousse

Pamplemousse
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:11 AM

That really is dumb :/ 

I really don't see why faerieland isn't all-female; all of the faeries they've ever portrayed were female so....? 

#10 EverKaia

EverKaia
  • 374 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:25 AM

I don't spend time on the neoboards, anyway--don't like the structure--but people getting silenced just for complaining about team genders is another reason to stay off. :p

#11 Chocodile

Chocodile
  • 57 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:47 AM

Ugh.  I wish there were more female players as well!  I'm assuming that they deleted the board because it had the potential to go into a big "gender in the media" political discussion. Which is the kind of thing I like to engage in, but probably not appropriate by neo standards.

#12 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:55 AM

Here I thought the gender of the random players that you'll get tired of seeing after a milliom YYB would be the last of everyone's worries in a plague filled event.

#13 Mathilda

Mathilda
  • 199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:14 AM

To be honest I like the idea of faerieland having both gender... Even guys can be pink!

What piss me off is Maraqua actually, They have a lots of feminine maraquan pets to chose from, but noooo, all boys!

Shenkuu or Krawk Island would be better, in my opinion, for an all female team. Female ninja, female pirates... that would be badass.

#14 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:22 AM

Here I thought the gender of the random players that you'll get tired of seeing after a milliom YYB would be the last of everyone's worries in a plague filled event.

We kinda feel left out.

#15 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:23 AM

That's exactly it, Elin. The player's genders don't matter at all.
So why is there not a more representative ratio?

#16 Chocodile

Chocodile
  • 57 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:27 AM

To be honest I like the idea of faerieland having both gender... Even guys can be pink!

What piss me off is Maraqua actually, They have a lots of feminine maraquan pets to chose from, but noooo, all boys!

Shenkuu or Krawk Island would be better, in my opinion, for an all female team. Female ninja, female pirates... that would be badass.

I agree with the faerieland thing, it would have bugged me if that were an all female team (especially with their reputation as a shitty team).  

If I could choose a team to be all-female I think it would be krawk island.  I agree that lady pirates would be baaaadddaaaaassss.

#17 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:29 AM

That's exactly it, Elin. The player's genders don't matter at all.
So why is there not a more representative ratio?

Two situations:

1.) The art staff is all female and want the big, hunky man of their dreams on the teams.

2.) Sexism!

#18 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

Two situations:

1.) The art staff is all female and want the big, hunky man of their dreams on the teams.

2.) Sexism!

Pretty sure there are fat ugly dudes on Neopets art staff, so I'll have to go with number 2!

#19 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:53 AM

Two situations:

2.) Sexism!

It could be because of the assumption that girls can't play sports. D:  So I say #2 as well.

#20 JustACactus

JustACactus
  • 74 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

It really seems to be a universal thing in most fantasy/fictional universes. When you take a look at popular book/movie/video games settings, you find the balance of male:female ratios is almost always tipped heavily towards males. I'm sure there's a good supply of exceptions, I'm just referring to popular ones.

As for the silencing thing, TNT just appears to be a bit trigger-happy on the whole thing.

#21 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

It really seems to be a universal thing in most fantasy/fictional universes. When you take a look at popular book/movie/video games settings, you find the balance of male:female ratios is almost always tipped heavily towards males. I'm sure there's a good supply of exceptions, I'm just referring to popular ones.

That doesn't mean it should just be accepted... O_o

#22 EverKaia

EverKaia
  • 374 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:02 AM

I didn't get a chance to respond before the topic was locked...

Kway said to stop using old guides, so I was going to say, "Make us some new ones, then, bitte schon." ^_^

(Bitte schon being German for "pretty please". :) )

#23 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:03 AM

That doesn't mean it should just be accepted... O_o

I don't think he was implying that. :p

#24 Oktober

Oktober
  • Team ASS

• 318 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:08 AM

Novelista, are you German?

Besides all the people on the board who take this game way too seriously? The discrimination of people who have got a life and don't want to be triple All-Star every year, and the people who call them freeloaders? Besides the useless, dull playing the same four games every day for one month, so the TNT can entertain us while doing almost nothing?  Nothing bothers me about the AC.

#25 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

I'd quite like to see Lutari Island introduced with a "Big Bertha" type captain. 400lb, morbidly obese, female lutari captain would be awesome :p (or just any, all female team captained as such)

Actually, Tyrannia is captained like so (female, chomby captain) so, why not write a story line to have her organise an all female team. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users