• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#26 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

I'd quite like to see Lutari Island introduced with a "Big Bertha" type captain. 400lb, morbidly obese, female lutari captain would be awesome :p (or just any, all female team captained as such)

She should be the goalie. Just sit there blocking the whole thing with her massive girth.

Besides the useless, dull playing the same four games every day for one month...

THAT'S MY FAVORITE PART

#27 EverKaia

EverKaia
  • 374 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:48 AM

Novelista, are you German?

Some, yes. That's one of the few words/phrases I know. (Oops...Google says without the umlaut, that's "please have". *facepalm*)

Anyway, I was going to say that I knew I was part German to begin with, but after playing with Ancestry.com, I discovered that I'm sixth-generation American and that both of my paternal grandparents have...I think it would be grandparents...that were born in Germany. (I think it's something like six generations between me and a relative with German birth and eight between me and one who spent their entire life there {birth/death both, I mean}.)

Also, in regards to another post that I recently had locked...

I was somehow under the impression that you could change teams until actual gameplay started. No idea where I got that.

Someone said, "Don't pick yet"...I already have, that's why I was wondering.

And to myself (from last night), I say, "You know, if you have a problem with the way the LD team handles, SS on your main and play legit on your side (where I registered with SK)." :)

Edited by Novelista, 23 May 2014 - 10:51 AM.

#28 68apples

68apples
  • 36 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:52 AM

Yeah TNT definitely loves silencing anything that comes close to politics. I still remember the whole Twilight fiasco. (THAT was actually pretty funny.) I only chat on the boards to talk to my guildmates, and steer clear of everything else. So many people are report happy. x)

I'd love an even female/male ratio. I've joined Kwark Island this year which has three female players.

That said, the AC content on Neo seemed to be all over the place yesterday. The rule page had last year's schedule and everything. (It's fixed now.) Maybe TNT will change/fix some things next week after the long weekend. 

#29 EverKaia

EverKaia
  • 374 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

You know what? I vaguely remember the Twilight thing. I don't remember if they auto-subbed a word in for "Twilight" and all things related or if it was (as I suspect) just completely banned for quite a long time. :p

#30 68apples

68apples
  • 36 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:09 AM

I had to go look it up to be sure, and yeah Twilight keywords were automatically changed. :p

Examples:

Vampire changed to Xweetok 

Werewolf changed to Werelupe

And Twilight changed to My Little Pony. Haha!

So many people on the neoboards are raging about the AC. x)

#31 Chocodile

Chocodile
  • 57 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

I had to go look it up to be sure, and yeah Twilight keywords were automatically changed. :p

Examples:

Vampire changed to Xweetok 

Werewolf changed to Werelupe

And Twilight changed to My Little Pony. Haha!

So many people on the neoboards are raging about the AC. x)

How long ago was this, I wonder?  I wonder if it was before the MLP fandom was actually a thing?  Haha

#32 EverKaia

EverKaia
  • 374 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:15 AM

How long ago was this, I wonder? I wonder if it was before the MLP fandom was actually a thing? Haha

A few years ago, when Twilight was all the rage. 2011, maybe?

And it was definitely before Bronies and the whole MLP blow-up. Had to be, or it wouldn't have been "punishment", y'know?

(Thanks, Apple, btw.)

#33 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

I remember the Twilight filter. That was a great day to be on the boards.

#34 Fawkes

Fawkes
  • Team ASS

• 202 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:37 PM

http://www.thedailyn...cup/faerieland/

Guys, there is only one male on faerieland.  Why does the gender even matter?   There is about 1-2 females on every other team as well.  O_o Some even have 3 females - I can't see the problem here.

Speaking of silencing and what-not; simply mentioning codex gets your board destroyed.  Someone made a board a little while back, asking if TNT did something about the "cheaters" and their board was destroyed because TNT is still sore XD

#35 Oktober

Oktober
  • Team ASS

• 318 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:46 PM

Some, yes. That's one of the few words/phrases I know. (Oops...Google says without the umlaut, that's "please have". *facepalm*)

That's why Google is dumb  :rolleyes:

bitte schön = please, have it

bitte schon = doesn't really exist :/ you could traduce it with something like "oh please, already!"

Sorry for the little OT, I just wanted to share my knowledge with the world :p

#36 Floofy

Floofy
  • 48 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:11 PM

That said, the AC content on Neo seemed to be all over the place yesterday. The rule page had last year's schedule and everything. (It's fixed now.) Maybe TNT will change/fix some things next week after the long weekend. 

Maybe that's the case.  And while I was checking the scores that pop up when you click on trophies, I noticed last year's faerieland trophy still uses the old shield and pink/purple colors instead of the magenta/green it was that year.
AND when you click on Daily Dare trophies, at the bottom its says something about Double Dare being a registered trademark of Viacom and used with permission.  Did they have to add that recently because Neopets is owned by Jumpstart now?

http://www.thedailyn...cup/faerieland/

Guys, there is only one male on faerieland.  Why does the gender even matter?   There is about 1-2 females on every other team as well.  O_o Some even have 3 females - I can't see the problem here.

There are two dudes on faerieland.  Gender doesn't matter, that's why they could have just done away with the whole gender labels for players!  It's not like in other plots they introduce characters as "Xandra (female) wants to destroy Faerieland!"  Or "Hanso (male) is a cunning thief."  Even the faction opponents genders weren't labeled. (but if you scrutinized the characters like me it was actually about even!)

When they put the label on the characters it's like they make a point of the uneven distribution even more.  OR in cases like Kiko lake where a character had previously been female was changed to male and now it's one of the FIVE all male teams.  There were also cases of male characters being changed to female, but there isn't even a team with 4 ladies (2 teams have 4 male and one female though)  But yeah, you're right.  Having 3 female characters on a few teams is like woah, almost pushing it.

#37 Chocodile

Chocodile
  • 57 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:18 PM

I don't think that the gender thing is a HUGE problem, but it is something that bothers me. :U  There are what, 13 teams?  I believe 4 of those are all-male, with no all-female teams! Over half of them have male captains (8).  I don't know if I'd go so far as to say this discrepancy was intentional though- maybe just something that happened? But them again, they did change the gender of some of the players which is kind of confusing to me. 

#38 68apples

68apples
  • 36 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:33 PM

Maybe that's the case.  And while I was checking the scores that pop up when you click on trophies, I noticed last year's faerieland trophy still uses the old shield and pink/purple colors instead of the magenta/green it was that year.
AND when you click on Daily Dare trophies, at the bottom its says something about Double Dare being a registered trademark of Viacom and used with permission.  Did they have to add that recently because Neopets is owned by Jumpstart now?

Yeah it seems like there are a lot of 'copy & paste' areas that haven't been updated for this year, yet. So really I'm just waiting until next week to see what happens. 

#39 Fawkes

Fawkes
  • Team ASS

• 202 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

There are two dudes on faerieland.  Gender doesn't matter, that's why they could have just done away with the whole gender labels for players!  It's not like in other plots they introduce characters as "Xandra (female) wants to destroy Faerieland!"  Or "Hanso (male) is a cunning thief."  Even the faction opponents genders weren't labeled. (but if you scrutinized the characters like me it was actually about even!)

When they put the label on the characters it's like they make a point of the uneven distribution even more.  OR in cases like Kiko lake where a character had previously been female was changed to male and now it's one of the FIVE all male teams.  There were also cases of male characters being changed to female, but there isn't even a team with 4 ladies (2 teams have 4 male and one female though)  But yeah, you're right.  Having 3 female characters on a few teams is like woah, almost pushing it.

I didn't say that was pushing it.  What I meant was that plenty of teams have girls on them (nearly all of them), and there are three or four teams with about three female characters - That's over half of the team!  I just don't see it as something to be upset about.  It's better than real sports where teams are split between women's sports and men's sports.  If anything - TNT is promoting equality by placing both genders on teams, not being sexist in the least bit. Sure, it would be more balanced to have an all female team to match with the all male teams - but I just don't give a fuck XD  It's a game for one, and for two this doesn't have a direct effect on anyone in anyway other than those who try to look for "triggers" (I'm not saying you do!  Please don't think that >.< I'm just saying people often knit-pick at things).

Also, they are THEIR characters - the fact that they changed them for the neopets users was probably annoying enough.  When I write stories and make characters, I'm not busy thinking "If I have all dudes in my story - people are going to think I'm sexist".  I'm busy thinking "ha-durr this guy will be cool/this chick will be so badass".  It's petty to worry about what will offend and what won't when creating something, because people get offended by anything and everything!

(I'm glad I could say that here, because neoboards just wouldn't allow it XD)

Yeah it seems like there are a lot of 'copy & paste' areas that haven't been updated for this year, yet. So really I'm just waiting until next week to see what happens. 

What do you mean by the copy and paste thing?  Are you talking about the glitches that have been occuring all over the site?  It's so annoying! I keep seeing the negg festival board instead of the AC.  And when I click on links like the News, it jumps back all the way to March!

#40 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

Could be worse. They could've made the female players have a performance disadvantage compared to the male players.

#41 Woolong

Woolong
  • 63 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:42 PM

I totally agree about if there were an all female team, swoon. I know it would influence my decision big time. 

#42 68apples

68apples
  • 36 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:44 PM

What do you mean by the copy and paste thing?  Are you talking about the glitches that have been occuring all over the site?  It's so annoying! I keep seeing the negg festival board instead of the AC.  And when I click on links like the News, it jumps back all the way to March!

I meant AC related, yeah. Like the rules page was launched with last year's schedule, and some other AC content looks copy/pasted from (exactly the same as) last year's. So it's hard to know what's wrongly copied and what's actually true for the AC this year. :x

But yeah I keep getting that random New Features glitch too! It sends me to April 7th for some reason.

#43 Fawkes

Fawkes
  • Team ASS

• 202 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:47 PM

Could be worse. They could've made the female players have a performance disadvantage compared to the male players.

That would be worse, definitely XD Or they could have made the female characters extremely girly and prissy.

I meant AC related, yeah. Like the rules page was launched with last year's schedule, and some other AC content looks copy/pasted from (exactly the same as) last year's. So it's hard to know what's wrongly copied and what's actually true for the AC this year. :x

But yeah I keep getting that random New Features glitch too! It sends me to April 7th for some reason.

Yeah, it seems like they usually copy and paste ac stuff.  There was even a glitch where Moltara had two acaras in place of the gnorbu XD

#44 iNextGenWarrior

iNextGenWarrior
  • 1635 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:48 PM

all the pseudo-feminism is killing me

#45 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:03 PM

Yawn. 

#46 Woolong

Woolong
  • 63 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:54 PM

As I take my Women, Environment, and Gender quiz...hahaha

#47 Fawkes

Fawkes
  • Team ASS

• 202 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:41 PM

As I take my Women, Environment, and Gender quiz...hahaha

It's offered as a major at my school XD  What are you going to with that besides protest, ya know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users