Quantcast

Photo

Does anyone play fan-made Pokemon games?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Chocodile

Chocodile
  • 57 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:12 AM

I've been playing Pokemon Zeta lately. It's actually really fun!  It's a little more challenging than a normal pokemon game but feels like you're playing a legitimate one.    

My point is, this is my first time playing one like this, other than the Emerald randomizer. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on ones they've played.

#2 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

I used to play a lot! I was actually involved in the development of a ROM hack for a while, before it fizzled out.

Light Platinum, Shiny Gold, and Brown are excellent and have their reputations for a reason, of course. I haven't played any of the more recent ones, but I'm glad to hear people are still involved in ROM hacking and fan-made games! What ROM is Zeta based on?

#3 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:33 AM

Moemon. :cool:

#4 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:45 AM

My god... *downloads Zeta*

#5 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:47 AM

I've heard good things about a lot of them, but I have an unshakeable fetish for "official" things.

#6 Chocodile

Chocodile
  • 57 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

MOEMON omg I forgot about that! fjakdl;fjald

I'll have to check all of those out, Bone!  Zeta has 600+ pokemon and has overworld sprites based off of gen 3.  It's got its own map, etc. though.  It has a counterpart, Omiricon, and you can trade online and things?? idk a ton about it yet but here's the wiki: http://pokemonzetaom...ta_Omicron_Wiki

I've heard good things about a lot of them, but I have an unshakeable fetish for "official" things.

Yeah, I did too at first and had no real interest in trying one out, thinking it would be really sub-par or something? I've been pleasantly surprised though, the experience feels pretty authentic! The only thing I don't like is that you can't speed it up like you can in ROMs.  Which has nothing to do with being "official" of course. 

#7 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

I've dabbled in the MMO, but I have the same issue as Sweeney, so it didn't hold my attention for very long. 

#8 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

I think someone is going to have to be super nice and give me a hand in getting Moemon on my partners android phone, or on my iPhone o.o OMG I just googled it and woah...

#9 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:17 AM

I think someone is going to have to be super nice and give me a hand in getting Moemon on my partners android phone, or on my iPhone o.o OMG I just googled it and woah...

Google is your friend.

#10 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:28 AM

Google is your friend.

I've had a quick look but everything looks so complicated.

#11 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:30 AM

I've had a quick look but everything looks so complicated.

I did it before.

The instructions are clear as day.

#12 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:35 AM

I did it before.

The instructions are clear as day.

Well I'll give it a go!!!

#13 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

Its not a rom hack, but Pokemon V  :cool: If playtesting counts towards things lmao

The four year old demo's here!! (If you're gonna play, save before the gym fight :p I just beat the demo and I surprisingly didn't get stuck in an endless loop of errors but it might happen for you, so if it does just reopen it and either lose on purpose or just don't battle her)

#14 Glow

Glow
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:47 AM

I betatested the MMO for a while but I got really bored really quickly when my Pokemon were all lvl 100.

If you want a ROM hack so bad that it's actually good, I strongly recommend Pokemon Snakewood.

It's Pokemon Emerald with zombies. :^)

http://pokemonsnakew...kémon_Snakewood

#15 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

Pokemon Liquid Crystal is a good one, haven't played it recently so i'm not sure if its finished yet but it goes pretty far.

#16 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:52 AM

Researching for more of these and wow, so many to choose from, maybe someone has played some and would like to suggest or share which they liked most? Just looking at pokemon flora sky right now and I wanna choose 1 to play on my phone... xD

#17 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:53 AM

Researching for more of these and wow, so many to choose from, maybe someone has played some and would like to suggest or share which they liked most? Just looking at pokemon flora sky right now and I wanna choose 1 to play on my phone... xD

I've played Omicron some. It's pretty good.

#18 trains56

trains56
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:06 PM

i'm not sure what its called but i remember watching a beta video of basically a street fighter version of pokemon.

#19 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:56 PM

i'm not sure what its called but i remember watching a beta video of basically a street fighter version of pokemon.

That's called Type Wild.

I haven't dabbled in any of the unofficial games myself outside of PokeMMO, and that was done so horribly that I'm probably put off of fan-made stuff all together.

#20 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:41 AM

@Napiform and I play GPX+

It's an egg hatching site. I could probably port over some guides for it.

#21 Chocodile

Chocodile
  • 57 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:03 AM

Omg yes gpx+ is SO FUN I don't even know why it's fun to me as it's kind of...grind-y but I love it.  I almost wish I hadn't remembered it, because my addiction is about to start again...

#22 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:33 AM

Oh! I play GPX+ as well. Very fun. Fun enough that you don't even really feel like cheating it.

Though @Yung If you've got guides for the Battle Tower and Battle Subway on GPX+, do tell. Been trying to grind those out for forever and everyone's already figured out the Ferrothorn trick.

#23 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:38 AM

Oh! I play GPX+ as well. Very fun. Fun enough that you don't even really feel like cheating it.

Though @Yung If you've got guides for the Battle Tower and Battle Subway on GPX+, do tell. Been trying to grind those out for forever and everyone's already figured out the Ferrothorn trick.

Eh I don't have guides made for the Battle aspects because I despise the GPX+ battle system... I'll work on something though.

#24 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:44 AM

Eh I don't have guides made for the Battle aspects because I despise the GPX+ battle system... I'll work on something though.

Ah, that's too bad since there's really nothing else on the site that really needs a guide. Mass-clicking is easy mode now due to the berry feeder, and the explorations already have various guides running around as well that are an easy Google search away.

#25 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:40 AM

Omg yes gpx+ is SO FUN I don't even know why it's fun to me as it's kind of...grind-y but I love it.  I almost wish I hadn't remembered it, because my addiction is about to start again...

Wanna send me some UNs for SN?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users