• Please log in to reply
394 replies to this topic

#1 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:29 AM

So... I think most of the Americans are about to wake up, so I figured I'd start the thread for this.

Tragically a gunman has run riot, killing 7 in California:

A gunman has killed six people in drive-by shootings in the Californian city of Santa Barbara, US police say.
The shootings took place on Friday night in the Isla Vista neighbourhood, next to the University of California-Santa Barbara, where two-thirds of the residents are students.
Seven people were also injured. The suspected gunman is among the dead.
University officials and the police issued alerts calling on people in the area to stay indoors.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-27556097

----

The interesting thing about this is that in the article they mention the potential shooter's name: Elliot Rodger.

It turns out that he put up a video on YouTube the day before, explaining that he was planning the shooting and the reasons he's doing it. Essentially he explains how he's always felt rejected by women and how he's a virgin at 22.

(It's very distressing to watch so I'm not going to post it.)

----

This all sounds like something out of a CSI episode, but it's actually real. What the hell is wrong with you, America? 

I've just watched a few more of his videos. The guy is a fucking psycho.

#2 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:39 AM

I just started watching the video now.. I am already sweating..
I'll reply more in-depth after I've finished it.

#3 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:43 AM

I just started watching the video now.. I am already sweating..
I'll reply more in-depth after I've finished it.

It's disturbing but at the same time oddly fascinating.

#4 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:45 AM

It's disturbing but at the same time oddly fascinating.

Doesn't it seem almost staged at some points? Like a cheesy film villain.. So unusual.

#5 Panthro

Panthro
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:46 AM

That video is seriously cringe worthy. 

It's like he's acting for the camera but it's just horrible. 

#6 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:47 AM

Doesn't it seem almost staged at some points? Like a cheesy film villain.. So unusual.

That video is seriously cringe worthy. 

It's like he's acting for the camera but it's just horrible. 

Exactly, it's so strange. 

The guy is a rich spoiled kid from California and here he is ranting about how hard is life is (safe for work):

#7 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:49 AM

I wonder if anybody actually reported the video after it was posted. :/

#8 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:50 AM

I wonder how the media will spin it.

I predict that someone will point to video games within hours, and more "complex" analyses will blame "Millennial" attitudes. Someone will use it as a springboard to call for mental health reform, and someone else for gun control.

#9 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:51 AM

I wonder if anybody actually reported the video after it was posted. :/

Someone probably did, they found it awful quickly.

I predict that someone will point to video games within hours, and more "complex" analyses will blame "Millennial" attitudes. Someone will use it as a springboard to call for mental health reform, and someone else for gun control.

Don't forget the people screaming that it's a false flag :p

#10 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:54 AM

I did a little bit more digging, and it turns out that he's had these serial-killer esque videos on his YouTube for a while now, and he was posting on bodybuilding.com about his issues:

Obviously nobody thought it was a good idea to notify police before he could go ahead and shoot 7 people dead. Crazy.

#11 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:56 AM

I did a little bit more digging, and it turns out that he's had these serial-killer esque videos on his YouTube for a while now, and he was posting on bodybuilding.com about his issues:

Obviously nobody thought it was a good idea to notify police before he could go ahead and shoot 7 people dead. Crazy.

A few of the worst ones were uploaded within the last 24 hours though. Seems like he made a few that day.

#12 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:58 AM

and he was posting on bodybuilding.com about his issues:

How long until somebody brings up steroids?

#13 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:00 AM

How long until somebody brings up steroids?

He was probably roid raging.

(How long was that?)

#14 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:01 AM

He was probably roid raging.

(How long was that?)

Record time. :p

He looked too skinny to be doing steroids but I imagine somebody will suggest it somewhere.

#15 Panthro

Panthro
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:03 AM

Explains all the beta comments on the video. I've been on that site. Misc posters don't help the saying all brawn no brains. 

I think most people think when they see someone say they're going to kill someone or commit suicide they think they wont really do it or they're just attention seeking. 

#16 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:03 AM

I think most people think when they see someone say they're going to kill someone or commit suicide they think they wont really do it or they're just attention seeking.

The reason such threats need to be taken seriously is precisely because they are attention seeking behavior. If we don't take them seriously and give them the appropriate attention, they actually do it and people's lives are permanently affected.

#17 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:13 AM

I mean this dude took to numerous social networking places with this pleas for attention.. I don't know how it went un-noticed not only by the online community, but his family and friends. He said on that Bodybuilding forum that his parents discovered his disturbing videos before and made him take them down.. You'd think that would be a red flag..

There's this:
http://elliotrodger.blogspot.ca/

With an entry from April.

#18 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:22 AM

This guy keeps talking in circles in his videos.

I mean this dude took to numerous social networking places with this pleas for attention.. I don't know how it went un-noticed not only by the online community, but his family and friends. He said on that Bodybuilding forum that his parents discovered his disturbing videos before and made him take them down.. You'd think that would be a red flag

Yeah, I would have expected his family to keep a close watch since they knew of those videos.

#19 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:27 AM

Yeah, I would have expected his family to keep a close watch since they knew of those videos.

Definitely. The videos were quite alarming, I can't imagine how as a parent that wouldn't be a red flag.

#20 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:30 AM

It's a hate crime against women.

Do monkeys go on killing sprees? What's the science behind it?

What the hell is wrong with you, America?

We're raised to think we're special and we deserve shit without working for it. When we get to a certain age and see that other people have things that we don't, we feel entitled to those things. And even when we GET those things, a BMW isn't fulfilling enough. When we have something given to us, it's not enough. We can't accept that we are just fucking ordinary and boring.

And we're allowed to have guns, so then we take our guns and go hurt people because that's the thing to do.

#21 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:40 AM

jesus, not again. :/ this is terrible. it's kinda good that he's active in social media tho. we finally get a chance to delve into his thoughts.

#22 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:42 AM

We're raised to think we're special and we deserve shit without working for it. When we get to a certain age and see that other people have things that we don't, we feel entitled to those things. And even when we GET those things, a BMW isn't fulfilling enough. When we have something given to us, it's not enough. We can't accept that we are just fucking ordinary and boring.

And we're allowed to have guns, so then we take our guns and go hurt people because that's the thing to do.

I suppose being a narcissistic psychopath doesn't help. He shows no emotion in his videos.

#23 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:56 AM

I suppose being a narcissistic psychopath doesn't help. He shows no emotion in his videos.

Yeah, something tells me the lack of female attention was not about his looks or intelligence. I'm going to hazard a guess and say the sociopathic tendencies were off-putting.

#24 Cupcakes

Cupcakes
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:58 AM

This is awful...

He's quite good looking so the only reason I can come up with for his lack of puzzay/girlfriend is that he's just a sociopath. Just the retribution video is so alarming. His face and eyes are just... he's staring through me and ripping apart my soul and he has no idea I existed. 

I feel horrible for the victims and their families. Tragic. :(

#25 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:38 AM

This is so sad. I really have nothing else to add... :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users