• Please log in to reply
394 replies to this topic

#51 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:32 AM

So using incorrect terms trumps a grammar issue? You literally have no argumentative skills when you miss the issue and point out a capital letter.

#52 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:38 AM

So using incorrect terms trumps a grammar issue? You literally have no argumentative skills when you miss the issue and point out a capital letter.

There's no trump card here.

I just think it's impolite to come in saying "none of your opinions [and mine in particular] are valid because of word choice" when no one is trying to like, diagnose the guy. We're speculating on his motivations is all. Using terms like sociopath facilitates that discussion, even if it wouldn't be published in an academic journal as such.

#53 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

According to the BBC the kid was already receiving professional help for mental health problems:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-27561127

:/

#54 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

According to the BBC the kid was already receiving professional help for mental health problems:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-27561127

:/

Well, sort of. They said he was receiving professional help in the same breath that they said he had Asperger's, but they didn't specify what said help was for. I don't want to assume anything about mental health professionals. From personal experience, a lot of them are full of shit and just want you to buy their books.

#55 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:01 PM

He posted quite a bit yesterday on his G+ account, too:  https://plus.google....149734170/posts

So horrible for the victims...I just do not understand at all why people do things of this nature.  :(

I saw in a news article a couple of hours ago that apparently his family had contacted the police weeks ago regarding the kid in reaction to other videos they had seen, and the police questioned him but had no suspicions at all afterward.

#56 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:09 PM

"Just for the crime of living a better life than me"

WTF dude.

#57 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:00 AM

Americans are never going to wake up. There are batshit insane gun nuts who are going around saying that these mass shootings are a conspiracy set up by the Obama Administration to ban guns. A friend of mine goes to UCSB he sent me pictures of the blood and the police tape blocking off crime scenes and yet these idiots want to scream that it's fake so they can cling to their precious guns. It's ridiculous. They also say the Newtown shooting was fake just because the crime scene photos of toddlers shot up were never released to the public.

#58 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:04 AM

They also say the Newtown shooting was fake just because the crime scene photos of toddlers shot up were never released to the public.

Of course, why wouldn't the police release distressing photos of dead children?  :huh:  :doh:

#59 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:16 AM

However from his videos it's very obvious he had some sort of mental problem.. whatever that may be. Normal reasoning isn't going to apply to him. 

More then perfectly stated.

#60 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:19 AM

http://time.com/1140...rbara-shooting/

This is powerful stuff. 

#61 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:21 AM

Personally I've wondered if I myself am a sociopath. I share many characteristics with that label - I care little for individuals, find it hard to make social connections, and I don't care about issues (like this case, actually) that society expresses interest in.

But true sociopaths don't care about other people (supreme egoism) and I care very much about people in the aggregate. While I find it hard to make social connections, doing so is possible and rewarding for me. 

Or...you know.

You could just be socially awkward and feel happy when you step out of your comfort zone to successfully befriend people.

But that would make you normal. God forbid you be normal.

#62 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:23 AM

Or...you know.
You could just be socially awkward and feel happy when you step out of your comfort zone to successfully befriend people.

But that would make you normal. God forbid you be normal.

Lol

#63 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:45 AM

http://time.com/1140...rbara-shooting/

This is powerful stuff. 

Reading this makes me so mad. Also the Twitter hashtag here

#64 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:47 AM

Am I a bad person for laughing at the Citizen's arrest thing? I feel like that would be so awkward and hilarious.

#65 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:57 AM

Reading this makes me so mad. Also the Twitter hashtag here

Why does it make you mad?

#66 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:59 AM

Probably because most of its bullshit, fails to truly analyse any major issues, puts too much emphasis on stranger danger, is highly sexist and divisional?

It also unfairly uses a mentally ill psychopath, a true anomaly in society, as a poster boy for all men, everywhere.

#67 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:10 AM

Why does it make you mad?

I should have worded it differently. It makes me sad and angry that this is the reality we live in.

@ Frizzle If you actually read the timeline, some of the top posts are about assaults from husbands/boyfriends. This is not "stranger danger".

#68 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:11 AM

Some, yes.

#69 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:22 AM

What the hell is wrong with you, America? 

The guy is a fucking psycho.

You answered your own question.  Every place has its crazies.

Unfortunate what happened.  I can't be bothered to watch the videos.  The guy clearly had a lot going on upstairs that we'll never know or fully comprehend.

#70 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:25 AM

You answered your own question.  Every place has its crazies.

Unfortunate what happened.  I can't be bothered to watch the videos.  The guy clearly had a lot going on upstairs that we'll never know or fully comprehend.

Every place does have it's crazies, but few arm them.

#71 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:25 AM

Quality tweet from Neil Cicierega:

gee i sure am mad that women are using a misogynist woman-murderer as an excuse to talk about misogyny and women's safety. i'm a Shit Person

#72 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:28 AM

Every place does have it's crazies, but few arm them.

Almost all countries world wide have guns readily available for purchasing, including the one you live in.

#73 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:30 AM

Almost all countries world wide have guns readily available for purchasing, including the one you live in.

And yet here we are:

Guns.png

#74 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:31 AM

I think he meant, few arm them and also have a culture of gun violence*

#75 Leeroy

Leeroy
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:35 AM

hmm i am from singapore.. the last gun found possessed by a citizen was some time ago..

but i mean when such things happen, not only guns can be used to hurt. though they would be one of the most dangerous one.

Edited by Leeroy, 26 May 2014 - 07:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users