Quantcast

Photo

Do you watch the LCS? If not you should.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:04 AM

What exactly is the LCS? Starting with Season 3 (We are now on Season 4). League of Legends has hired several teams (through a system of playoffs) and they are now being paid a salary to play games every week for the enjoyment of the crowd. This all builds up to the end of the year when they meet up with the top teams around the world to decide who is the best and take away more then a million dollars.

Why should you watch it? The LCS games are the highest level of play possible for this game. Not only will you see flashy moves, daring escapes, triple/quadra/pentakills but you will also get to see how important objectives are, when you should push towers, and overall how to improve your game to the next level. You'll also learn what champions are currently considered the best by people paid to play the game.

How do I watch? You can catch the LCS live at The Official League of Legends Website or you can visit LoL Event Vod's for replays of every game an hour after its over with. This can also be used to catch up on non LCS tournaments, and past games (Invluding Season 3 world finals) The key games to watch is, LCS Na, LCS EU, and OGN, OGN is the tournament for the Koreans.

#2 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

Uhm of course I watch LCS. My fantasy team scored over 500 points this week and I didn't have a single player over 100 points. My team is so stacked and balanced. My worst player was Darien and I've subbed in Innox now.

#3 Glow

Glow
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

I watch it for my babies. (CLG)

cc46ef02e91446a52e7c02adc54b4ead.png

Edited by Sweeney, 26 May 2014 - 12:07 PM.
Magic pictures!

#4 Drasnia

Drasnia
  • 34 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:29 PM

Yesterday's LCS was... how do I even describe that? They were absolutely hilarious to watch, and the casters sounded just as off as the players, but I'm left horribly confused. WildTurtle got caught so many times in EG vs TSM... And then Bjergsen's after game interview... "So what happened?" "I don't really know, I just feel like every time we actually had set up the Baron properly someone kinda just  got caught... I think that happened three times." C9 opened this week really poorly, too. Seems like there's no hope for NA at Worlds again. :(

#5 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:17 PM

Not really into LoL, more of a comp cod guy. :p

Still, thinking of trying to watch it again.

Edited by HappyAccident, 26 May 2014 - 03:17 PM.

#6 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:33 PM

Definitely did not except C9 to do so poorly and LMQ to do so well first week...

#7 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:34 PM

Haven't been watching it lately, the last i've seen was the special all-star games with URF, snowdown, hexakill etc... Gah, can't wait till URF comes around again. ><

#8 Drasnia

Drasnia
  • 34 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:26 PM

If URF doesn't come back I'm going to be so upset. :(

#9 zleepy

zleepy
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:47 AM

I have a feeling C9 just need a little bit of time to get back into things. After Hai's collapsed lung and all, they probably just need some more time to readjust. 

#10 trains56

trains56
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:32 PM

I have a feeling C9 just need a little bit of time to get back into things. After Hai's collapsed lung and all, they probably just need some more time to readjust. 

but losing to complexity is a bit much...

#11 krigz

krigz
  • 101 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:07 AM

I dont really watch the LCS simply because the Americans pros skills level arent even worth watching really. I prefer watching OGN on youtube or something.

#12 Leeroy

Leeroy
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:38 AM

I dont really watch the LCS simply because the Americans pros skills level arent even worth watching really. I prefer watching OGN on youtube or something.

^

though i am a more dota dude, but some of the korean plays in OGN is breathtaking (faker game mechanic is pretty mind blowing), especially the All stars recent where SKT won over OMG. 

but still i do watch LCS now and then on twitch.tv 

i remember when i played LoL 4-5 years back, i watched Counter Logic gaming, the days when shen was the the top lane picks and ashe was viable. 

so i support them ! double lift double lift!

or in all stars Fire vs Ice... double life =]

Edited by Leeroy, 28 May 2014 - 12:38 AM.

#13 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

Just to correct your silliness. OGN is part of LCS, just under a different name >.>. But yeah. Koreans are so much funner to watch because they play at a much higher level.

I still enjoy watching C9 play because they are the best hope NA has of taking second place.

but losing to complexity is a bit much...

They went 2-2 which is their weakest week so far, but their record promises that they will rise back to the top.

However, with LMQ on the scene, it will be interesting to see how C9 adapts to beat the chinese at their own game. Either that, or the NA LCS will eventually only have foreign players in it :(

The loss of URF mode is the worst thing to happen to league, and entirely unforgiveable.

Edited by iargue, 28 May 2014 - 10:50 AM.

#14 krigz

krigz
  • 101 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:10 PM

Oh I never knew that lol. And yea C9 is I believe they can actually make it somewhere in worlds.

#15 BilboSwaggins

BilboSwaggins
  • 348 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:45 PM

Go EG!  :lol2:

Nah, just kidding. CoL all the way  ;)

#16 Glow

Glow
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:48 AM

Go EG!  :lol2:

Nah, just kidding. CoL all the way  ;)

I'm starting to really like CoL. Their manager is such a nice dude. Played ARAMs with him a few days ago and he was so chill.

No one could replace CLG though.

#17 Chalk

Chalk
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

They re-released (sorta) One for All today... at least

I really wish I had the patience to watch the LCS. I was invited to go in person, which I'd probably enjoy... but the whole event lasts too long for me to be sitting in front of the screen watching others play when I can be. It's stupid, because I end up learning a few things just by watching. Don't like to invest a huge chunk of my weekends on it though. 

#18 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:15 PM

They re-released (sorta) One for All today... at least

I really wish I had the patience to watch the LCS. I was invited to go in person, which I'd probably enjoy... but the whole event lasts too long for me to be sitting in front of the screen watching others play when I can be. It's stupid, because I end up learning a few things just by watching. Don't like to invest a huge chunk of my weekends on it though. 

There are just too many games to watch @_________________@ Just watch the highlights or the better games. www.reddit.com/r/LoLeventVoDs/ usually has a strawpoll and if I'm looking for a game to watch I usually check the poll and go from there

I think the LCS experience in person is more about meeting the pros. Almost every team comes out after the match for a while to talk to fans and take pictures with fans which is really nice. There's merch too, but meh.

Edited by Junsu, 29 May 2014 - 05:24 PM.

#19 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:34 PM

What is the most popular team in the game? From a fan and viewership perspective?

#20 Chalk

Chalk
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

There are just too many games to watch @_________________@ Just watch the highlights or the better games. www.reddit.com/r/LoLeventVoDs/ usually has a strawpoll and if I'm looking for a game to watch I usually check the poll and go from there

I think the LCS experience in person is more about meeting the pros. Almost every team comes out after the match for a while to talk to fans and take pictures with fans which is really nice. There's merch too, but meh.

It definitely is. But the merch is really limited too, and expensive. My friend got one of those little poro plushies and it was like 25$.

I doubt watching it in person will be as clear anyways :p, but I definitely haven't been there in person to see the stage set-up or anything in person. Good recommendation to just watch highlights though (I usually just end up watching the clips of plays that get posted on front page or r/lol, but blehh maybe I just don't have the patience to watch the games).

What is the most popular team in the game? From a fan and viewership perspective?

Probably the Korean team SKT1. They won the last world competition, and their mid has gained significant popularity in the community. 

Edited by Chalk, 29 May 2014 - 05:37 PM.

#21 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:55 PM

I think for NA it was TSM > CLG > C9. If you want LCS you'll probably hear the TSM chant quite a bit.

Everyone in TSM (before the most recent roster change) was pretty popular themselves. CLG has been moderately popular since S1, though I'd say its mainly because of lift-lift and because CLG was most popular during the beginning of LoL, and C9 became popular since they basically rekt the NA scene the last two scenes are all pretty cool people.

That was probably more than what you wanted to know ops

#22 BilboSwaggins

BilboSwaggins
  • 348 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:19 PM

I'm starting to really like CoL. Their manager is such a nice dude. Played ARAMs with him a few days ago and he was so chill.

No one could replace CLG though.

And Robertxlee is awesome.

#23 Chalk

Chalk
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:57 PM

And Robertxlee is awesome.

Pls it's all about Westrice  :wub:

#24 BilboSwaggins

BilboSwaggins
  • 348 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:14 PM

Those are the only two CoL players I know..

And before the Summer split, the only EG player I knew was Krepo.  :lol2:

#25 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:11 PM

He got kinda chubby ;(

I only recently found out he lost his memories a few years back o___o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users