Photo

Favorite Anime(s)?

• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#1 666

• 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:31 AM

Hiya, I am always on the search for new Anime, but also love to share other good ones I've seen recently with others.  

So post some of your favorite or recently watched anime that you would recommend 

As my signature/av probably suggests I really love Neon Genesis Evangelion, but I assume a lot of people have already seen it.  

Samurai Champloo was also really good and had beautiful art.  Samurai anime, but most of the music was hip-hop.  Very different but the character development was good :3

I also really liked tengen toppa gurren lagann.  It's a little corny and clearly unrealistic, but I love the character and plot development, especially towards the end of the series, it gets crazy.

Kill la Kill was also really good and cute ^___^

also pls dont tell me to watch attack on titan i saw one episode of that and had to watch some gay swimming anime to make me less horrified  

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:32 AM

K-ON!.

Also do you have a problem with Free!, sir?

#3 666

• 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:37 AM

K-ON!.

Also do you have a problem with Free!, sir?

I liked Free LOL (a guilty pleasure)

#4 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:43 AM

Watch Noragami and Kuroko no Basuke!

#5 Magical

Magical
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:49 AM

Shangri-La, Fairy Tail, Hayate no Gotoku and One Piece.

#6 666

• 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:11 AM

Thanks for all of these suggestions :3 I haven't watched any of them so I'll def read up on them and let you know :)

#7 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

Man up son!

How can you like watching NGE but AoT terrifies you ;)  

#8 Haliax

Haliax
  • 366 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:48 AM

Code Geass if you haven't seen it for sure.

#9 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:49 AM

Man up son!

Especially with what happens in Rebuild 3.0.

Nasty.

#10 Drasnia

Drasnia
  • 34 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:57 AM

also pls dont tell me to watch attack on titan i saw one episode of that and had to watch some gay swimming anime to make me less horrified  

My roommate watches both of those. I refer to the latter as "Fanservice for Girls: The Anime" :p

My favorite anime was Fate Zero. And if you're into Vocaloids at all and want a fantastic and confusing combination of manga, anime, music video, light novels, and fan theories you should check out Shizen no Teki-P (自然の敵P)'s (better known as Jin (じん) to the English speaking fanbase) Kagerou Project. So many feels.

#11 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:48 AM

I love thriller anime the most like Mirai Nikki, Kill la Kill, Steins Gate and ones that just makes you think like Mushishi.

It's sad but a lot of anime repulse me today because it's either heavy in its category to the point of overkill (too many random life events, too many panty shots, too many mechs, too many fighting scenes, too many hypermeta revelations). I'm just not entertained by the same thing over and over without some sort of "comedic relief" to make those moments stronger.

#12 CheatingIsBad

CheatingIsBad
  • 29 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:05 AM

Seconding the Kill la Kill rec xD

Edited by CheatingIsBad, 07 June 2018 - 05:10 PM.

#13 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:38 AM

Man, I haven't watched anime in so many years, but Azumanga Daioh and Black Lagoon are a couple of my favorites.  Ah Megami Sama and Blood+ are personal favorites of mine. :rolleyes:

#14 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

Nichijou is really good!! Like damn the animation is fantastic <3 Daily Lives of High School Boys and PSG are fun too ^^

Also Madoka if you haven't seen it yet~

#15 666

• 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:02 PM

I love thriller anime the most like Mirai Nikki, Kill la Kill, Steins Gate and ones that just makes you think like Mushishi.

It's sad but a lot of anime repulse me today because it's either heavy in its category to the point of overkill (too many random life events, too many panty shots, too many mechs, too many fighting scenes, too many hypermeta revelations). I'm just not entertained by the same thing over and over without some sort of "comedic relief" to make those moments stronger.

I agree

Gurren Lagaan was way too unrealistic for my taste for these very reasons.  I mean it was still very entertaining but when they had the "spiral power" to enter a different dimension I was like  :lol2:  this show. 

I mean it still had great character development, which I enjoyed.

Nichijou is really good!! Like damn the animation is fantastic <3 Daily Lives of High School Boys and PSG are fun too ^^

Also Madoka if you haven't seen it yet~

My old roommate actually showed me the first two episodes.

It was so friggen cute, I just need to finish watching the rest of it.

My roommate watches both of those. I refer to the latter as "Fanservice for Girls: The Anime" :p

My favorite anime was Fate Zero. And if you're into Vocaloids at all and want a fantastic and confusing combination of manga, anime, music video, light novels, and fan theories you should check out Shizen no Teki-P (自然の敵P)'s (better known as Jin (じん) to the English speaking fanbase) Kagerou Project. So many feels.

Also im kind of an anime noob and not really sure what a vocaloid is..... i really only know what a mecha is.... :p

Man up son!

listen the first episode u see her mothers neck get snapped and eaten like shes a piece of candy it was scary ok (im a lil pussy dont hate me)

Especially with what happens in Rebuild 3.0.

Nasty.

i mean the scene with rei's huge body falling and neck snapping off was a little graphic but the overall theme of the anime wasn't around violence

i just was literally tearing up by the end of the first episode of AoT and needed to breathe LOL 

also maybe bc i watched the regular series before the rebuilds (and also watched them all directly after finishing the series) so it wasn't so crazy compared to the first episode of AoT

#16 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:30 PM

Also im kind of an anime noob and not really sure what a vocaloid is..... i really only know what a mecha is....  :p

Vocaloid isn't an anime, its a series of voice synthesizers which you can use for music and other projects ^^ Basically you put the lyrics and pitches etc in the software and they sing it! There are a bunch of different voices too, and in all sorts of different languages now. It's gotten really popular over the past couple of years! And sometimes people animate little videos themselves to go with the songs. Like this:

(Oh my god I never watch PVs so I had no idea what to link to hahah

Don't take that video as an example of all Vocaloid fanmade videos and songs though, there are a LOT of different artists and art styles and whatnot out there. Vocaloids are "blank canvases" for everyone to use, through song or animation or writing or whatever you want ^^ )

#17 iMiloDino

iMiloDino
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:17 PM

Some of the ones I've really enjoyed watching: Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Ouran High School Host Club, Hunter x Hunter, Log Horizon, One Piece, Fairy Tail. :lol2:

#18 666

• 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:29 AM

Some of the ones I've really enjoyed watching: Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Ouran High School Host Club, Hunter x Hunter, Log Horizon, One Piece, Fairy Tail. :lol2:

I loooooved host club

im readying the manga now LOL its so good im such a little queer

Wait OMG

im dying

Shinji+pls.+Source+is+tags_ff3678_460255

#19 Oktober

Oktober
  • Team ASS

• 318 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

I loved Death Note

or, if you are into this things, try Hellsing (the OAV, never the anime)

also Watamote, but that's because it describes my life so perfectly 

#20 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:42 AM

I loved Death Note
or, if you are into this things, try Hellsing (the OAV, never the anime)

But the anime has vampire blowjobs.

#21 Leeroy

Leeroy
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:59 AM

really loved full metal alchemist ... :rolleyes:

flame of recca was good too.

yu yu hakusho was nice too!

shaman king ended pretty harshly

Ruouni Kenshin was awesome!

Hajime no ippo ( i read the comics more though)

Trigun  what else can i say =]

i have many more. but these all are classics from my younger years..  :rolleyes:

#22 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:13 AM

Ah yes, "Chi's Sweet Home" is a cute little anime.  Each episode is 3 minutes long so you're not wasting much time. XD

#23 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:15 AM

really loved full metal alchemist ... :rolleyes:

flame of recca was good too.

yu yu hakusho was nice too!

shaman king ended pretty harshly

Ruouni Kenshin was awesome!

Hajime no ippo ( i read the comics more though)

Trigun  what else can i say =]

i have many more. but these all are classics from my younger years..  :rolleyes:

Someone likes shounens. :whistling:

#24 Leeroy

Leeroy
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:25 AM

Someone likes shounens. :whistling:

oops.  :rolleyes:  what can i say. Anime was my best friend in my lonely childhood  ;)

#25 acrossthesky

acrossthesky
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

I'm gonna second Death Note, I absolutely love it (and the live action movies also).

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni was also quite good, from what I remember. I think it falls into the category of mystery/horror. I found it more creepy than anything though, but quite good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users