• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#26 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

I also like to mention I like inspiration anime as well. The top two comes to mind are Bakuman (same author as Death Note, about two high school kids progress into professional manga artists) and Space Brother (Uchuu Kyoudai sp?) which is about a goofy older brother trying to become an astronaut after his extremely talented younger brother also accomplished being one in order to avoid the feeling of being left behind.

#27 Chocodile

Chocodile
  • 57 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:53 PM

I really liked Madoka Magica!  It's been forever since I watched it though. 

#28 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:01 PM

I really liked Madoka Magica! It's been forever since I watched it though.

You should watch Rebellion if you haven't yet.

#29 YuyaSakaki

YuyaSakaki
  • 275 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:04 PM

Yu-Gi-Oh!

Saint Seiya

Pokemon

#30 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:43 PM

Yu-Gi-Oh!
Saint Seiya
Pokemon

That is like the most basic stuff that airs on every single cartoon channel.

#31 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:57 PM

Bleach, naruto and fairy tail!!!1 most epiczzz animzz forr lifee beat it elindoril

#32 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:18 PM

Naruto, though the fillers get really annoying sometimes. :/

#33 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:22 PM

I hate naruto fillers. I admit to not minding fillers in general since some shows can make good fillers, but Naruto is known to make terrible fillers with predictable plots and overall boring build up. If you're going to make fillers, at least make them entertaining and immersive, not episodic and redundant. I don't care about this one life lesson this boring ninja learned in their childhood which has zero application in future episodes.

#34 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:23 PM

Naruto, though the fillers get really annoying sometimes. :/

Fillers are why I don't watch animes like Bleach and Naruto. D:

#35 froozzt

froozzt
  • 50 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:52 PM

I quite liked Sword Art Online! :)

7692c.jpg

#36 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:23 PM

I quite liked Sword Art Online! :)

reported for crimes against humanity

and despite my initial stand fillers are really bad in general, anime on a constant schedule are always largely horrible

#37 666

• 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:29 AM

That is like the most basic stuff that airs on every single cartoon channel.

am i a horrible person if i havent seen the second

#38 Daviid

Daviid
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

-Death Note - I love the story so much, especially when Near takes the lead. (Every moment is like.. Woooaaahhh he knew it all along)

-Naruto - I love both Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden, the main story just makes you want to keep watching

-One Piece - I have watched until the start of thriller bark saga (I watch it in spanish and thereare no more dubbed), my favourite saga is Alabasta Arc (so intense)

#39 Renie

Renie
  • 48 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:50 AM

I like slice of life animes... I recommend Mawaru Penguindrum, it's not slice of life but it's really cool. The art is beautiful and the sound track amazing. The story is great too, it's based in a novel.

#40 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:00 PM

Not really too much of an anime person myself. There's Pokémon (duh), but I did enjoy Digimon up until about the third version and fell out of it. Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Bleach until the Bound arc, and Code Geass.

The latter two I was sorta forced into watching by my ex boyfriend. Wasn't too fond of Bleach, but Code Geass was okayish.

#41 allzero

allzero
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

No game no life is pretty good.

#42 Mizk

Mizk
  • 137 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:03 AM

FLCL, Hellsing, NGE and Outlaw Star are some of my favs

Recently watched SAO until

Spoiler

I also watched Psycho-Pass recently, and it was alright but I was expecting it to be a lot cooler than it ended up being. It actually happens far too often that an anime will start out with a very promising idea or premise, and then just not live up to my expectations. Ergo Proxy is another good example of that; awesome first episode or 2, meh rest of the series. AoT too; I liked it until
Spoiler

#43 CibuMattie

CibuMattie
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:32 AM

Outlaw Star, FLCL and Eden of the East are probably top three. Outlaw Star isn't amazing but it's my favourite for basically being my gateway into anime... Cowboy Bebop was better overall, just Outlaw Star has a special place in my heart. FLCL is just, awesome, it's honestly hard to pick between it and Evangelion as my favourite Gainax anime, and Eden of the East is just an all-around great anime, with an awesome soundtrack and a great plot in my opinion. 

#44 Halcyon

Halcyon
  • 59 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:23 PM

I don't really watch as much as I wish, but Inuyasha was my life as a child and sometimes it still is. I could never get myself into Naruto, though. -yawn-

Edited by Halcyon, 24 June 2014 - 12:27 PM.

#45 abbatoir

abbatoir
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

Kuroshitsuji has great style.  Inuyasha has nostalgia factor.  Witch Hunter Robin because... the dude looks like Snape.

#46 moonlup

moonlup
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

I have a bunch of new things to watch on my list.

As for what I've enjoyed most so far, probably FMA: Brotherhood. Bleach I enjoyed until sometime during/after the Arrancar were introduced, and then I still finished  out the series because at that point you might as well. (If they've made more episodes after the...memory sword stuff, please don't tell me.) I keep wanting to get into Naruto, but the number of episodes is kind of intimidating...

#47 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

Recently watched Shiki and Another, Shiki was kinda meh for me because the drawing style kinda put me off but Another was much more interesting for me. Another is a mystery/horror anime and is also pretty bloody.

#48 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

Recently watched Shiki and Another, Shiki was kinda meh for me because the drawing style kinda put me off but Another was much more interesting for me. Another is a mystery/horror anime and is also pretty bloody.

I just watched Shiki about two weeks ago, I agree about the drawing style. I almost dropped it within the first minute. I thought the story was good though and it made you think.

I'm watching Chihayafuru right now and I love it! :o Anyone that likes Bakuman would like it, I think. 

#49 Haliax

Haliax
  • 366 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

Really enjoying Shinsekai Yori (From The New World) right now and really enjoyed Knights of Sidonia.

#50 Halcyon

Halcyon
  • 59 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

Just binged Attack on Titan due to the many recommendations. I think it's really good. Now that I'm all caught up, I hate having to wait on the manga.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users