128 replies to this topic

#1 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:57 PM

POPULAR POST!

Clearing up the Ranks!

"Why is this news post necessary?" I hear you cry. Sort of.
Well, it's necessary because the members of the Staff team have noticed some veering away from our intended voting procedures, as well as some confusion over who to contact in certain situations. We've also had a rather large influx of new members just recently, so it's probably a good idea to clue them in too.

What are the Neocodex Ranks?

advancedlong.gif
Advanced Member: This rank is the one acquired when you purchase a membership to Neocodex. It grants several perks in our programs and forum tools, but does not signify anything other than a monetary contribution to the community.

Advanced perks:

• Advert free!
  • Access to Abrosia's advanced functions, like decreasing time settings and shop selection
  • Access to Item Database features, like the list generator
  • Incredible data collection features in the exclusive Neologs
  • Earlier access to each Mystery Picture answer
  • Exclusive contests and giveaways
  • Fast access to our Team Codex events and tactics
  • Access to the RemoteControl for Abrosia... restock from your phone!

advpluslong.gif
Advanced+ Member: This rank shows other members that you have been active enough to reach around 500 posts without spamming, and grants the same perks as a subscription, but for free! It may also be granted to members with under 500 posts in recognition of impressive contributions to the forum. It is awarded through a nomination system, whereby another Advanced+ (or higher) rank member notices your posts and puts up a thread in the nominations forum. All eligible members can then vote on that thread, and decide whether you deserve the rank. This is based solely on your lack of spam - you do not need to be a popular or particularly active member.

privmemberlong.gif
Private Member: This rank shows other members that you are an active and contributing member, who has added value to the site and shown dedication to being part of our community. There are monthly applications for members with over 1000 posts and a year of membership, which are voted on by private, retired and staff members. It grants access to a Private chat forum, and allows hidden post editing and member title access, as well as all Advanced perks. It also comes with access to our coveted Flight Rising Coliseum Bot and a fancy new customisable site skin  ;)

retiredlong.gif
Retired Member: This rank shows that you are a highly valued member of the community, having made great contributions over a lengthy period of time. There are no specific requirements to enter Retired, and progression is based on nominations by other Retired members. It grants access to all perks that we have on the site! Retired is often described as "cliquey", which may be true in some respects, but it is important to remember that it is nowhere near impossible to get into Retired. There are Retired members of many different attitudes and temperaments, and not getting along with some of them does not preclude a promotion.

moderatorlong.gif
(Lead) Moderator: A Moderator's job is to keep the forum tidy and pleasant. They will deal with rulebreaking, and have the power to assign warning points, suspend and ban members, edit all user-generated content, and close threads. They also have access to tools that let them do this job efficiently, including the report center, access to private messages, and our advanced IP tools. Moderators are appointed by the Adminstration at their discretion.

adminlong.gif
Administrator: An Administrator's job is to lead the staff and membership of the forum. They are in charge of dealing with the behind-the-scenes running of the forum - from the technical, like installing forum add-ons, to the personal, like dealing with staff complaints and suggestions. Their word is the final word, and they have absolute control of all aspects of the board. Fear them.

programmerlong.gif
Programmer: The Neocodex Programmers develop all our proprietary software, from our Avlog to our Program Manager. This is a huge responsiblity, and a vast amount of work. They also have moderator powers to assist in certain situations that call for their expertise.

contestteamlong.gif
Contest Team: The Contest Team is in charge of the contest section of Neocodex - they run all the official contests (which Staff sometimes lend a hand with) and are responsible for distributing prizes. Members of the contest team are appointed by the Contest Leader at their discretion, and are usually chosen according to the activity of the member in hosting their own unofficial contests.

Who to contact in "emergencies"!

If your problem is with a post, message, user, or status, use the reporting function on those parts of the board. There is a link to make a report of every post, PM and userpage, which will allow any online staff to go directly to the issue and read your report information. This ensures your problem gets dealt with as soon as possible.
Remember that reporting should be used with discretion - staff do not need to be notified of typos, but they do need to be alerted to verbal abuse, spam, post errors and the like.

If your problem is with a piece of forum software, like the Item Database, @Waser Lave is your go-to guy. Fire him a PM with as much detail as you can manage, and he will look into it as soon as he is able.

If your problem is with forum permissions, make a topic in the Forum Help section. Feel free to report your own topic if you feel it needs urgent attention from staff.

If your problem is with our store and/or billing, you should create a support request in the Client Area. For urgent matters, you should send a PM to @Waser Lave. He will be able to help with most issues, and any that he cannot solve can be forwarded to @Hydrogen by PM or email at hydrogen@neocodex.us.

More fun shinies!

We've just added a schweet award for reaching ten awards!

xzibit.png

Wait... no, this one:
gotten.png

And with that, I bid you farewell. Until next time, when we may or may not have groundbreaking new updates for you!

#2 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:00 PM

Thanks for clearing things up when it comes to Adv+ nominations. I only have one question.

When is the coveted Contributor rank making its long-awaited comeback?

#3 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

When is the coveted Contributor rank making its long-awaited comeback?

Hopefully never.

A poop-brown award, on the other hand...

#4 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

I was going to complain about seeing an ad... but I realized it was part of your post.

#5 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:09 PM

great guide! :D +rep

what happened to jr. programmer and beta tester?

#6 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:09 PM

Uhhhh yeah what's with the ad? O_o

#7 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

Uhhhh yeah what's with the ad? O_o

It's part of his post :p

#8 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:11 PM

It's part of his post :p

Yes but why?

#9 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:13 PM

great guide! :D +rep

what happened to jr. programmer and beta tester?

Those ranks are currently not really in use.

Yes but why?

To make a texty post a little less dry :p

#10 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:14 PM

Thanks for the guide! Now I'm not confused with the ranks anymore. :)

#11 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

To make a texty post a little less dry :p

Suure. :\

#12 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:16 PM

Suure. :\

Are you really complaining about a picture in an announcement?

#13 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:18 PM

Sweeney is a covert marketing rep employed by For Dummies.

#14 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:18 PM

You forgot Contest Team! 

#15 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

You forgot Contest Team!

They should probably get a mention, eh? Whoops :blush:

#16 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:21 PM

You forgot Contest Team! 

and owner rank. :p

#17 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:21 PM

Are you really complaining about a picture in an announcement?

LOL this is hilarious, I'm an idiot. I'm on my tablet and there really is an ad on your post! I was sitting here thinking "this is highly inappropriate!" I feel like an ass now :p

#18 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:27 PM

LOL this is hilarious, I'm an idiot. I'm on my tablet and there really is an ad on your post! I was sitting here thinking "this is highly inappropriate!" I feel like an ass now :p

Well, herp :p

I've added a wee blurb about the contest team :) I'm not going to include Owner, as it's just Hydro :p Seems kind of pointless, since he's an Admin anyway.

#19 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:41 PM

Ohhh, so thats the difference between adv+ and adv, i knew one of them was paid and one was free but never knew which was which. Thanks.

#20 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:37 PM

Pinned for posterity and reference :D Good job, Joe, thanks for taking the time out to knock this up. I especially love the 'ad' xD

#21 Cupcakes

Cupcakes
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:22 PM

Some day I will get the penis award. Some day. 

#22 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:28 PM

Some day I will get the penis award. Some day. 

What penis award? :/ YOU'RE READING IT ALL WRONG! :p

#23 Cupcakes

Cupcakes
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:51 PM

Sorry, Strat, all I can think about is your penis and how I want its award. 

#24 Grandmaster

Grandmaster
  • 748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:10 AM

Somehow I feel that Advanced+ member is still a bit elusive although the requirement is really simple. A bit too passive for the applicant since the applicant wouldn't even know whether he has been put up for nomination or whether the nomination is successful or not. Private rank application is at least much clearer. You made your application and if the application is rejected, you would know that there is something further to improve on.

Edited by Grandmaster, 28 May 2014 - 06:13 AM.

#25 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:12 AM

Somehow I feel that Advanced+ member is still a bit elusive although the requirement is really simple. A bit too passive for the applicant since the applicant wouldn't even know whether he has been put up for nomination or whether the nomination is successful or not. Other higher rank applications is at least much clearer. You made your application and if the application is rejected, you would know that there is something further to improve on.

Advanced+ is pretty simple, people just need to have either made a significant contribution to the forum through things like programming etc or through a decent amount of posts of an adequate quality (usually around 400-500).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users