Quantcast

Photo

Neocodex Ranks for Dummies

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#76 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:56 AM

I guess that's another thing that the vote and discussion is there to cover.

True that :p

#77 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:57 AM

Completely and utterly. But not to you. :p Or not because of that at any rate.

It's ok, I already know you're completely mental and tolerate you regardless. :rolleyes: I consider it as part of my community service.

#78 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:59 AM

I consider it as part of my community service.

What did you do to deserve it? Something abominable no doubt.

#79 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:05 AM

What did you do to deserve it? Something abominable no doubt.

I stole Bob Monkhouse's joke book.

#80 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:40 AM

Thankfully it looks as though the voting process is staying, so I think we'll all still be able to vote based on the factors we individually think are important - IMO that's good post content with a good attitude, maybe some contributions, and a post count around 500. 

#81 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

Thankfully it looks as though the voting process is staying, so I think we'll all still be able to vote based on the factors we individually think are important - IMO that's good post content with a good attitude, maybe some contributions, and a post count around 500.

You do know that that was never in contention, right?

#82 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

My understanding has been that we implemented the entire nomination and voting system and set forth the criteria for Advanced+ that we currently have to prevent people from spamming their way to 500 posts. It's as simple as that. The nomination and voting system is to buffer spammy members from automatically gaining the rather extensive list of perks involved with earning the rank. It is also my understanding that the reason this system was implemented was because prior to the voting people were spamming to 500 to earn the rank. Anyone deserving of the rank does get Advanced+ it may not happen as quickly as you'd like but you will get voted in provided you remain even slightly active.

#83 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

I have a question about Private.

Is the criteria only 1000 posts, a year of membership, and contributions? Do they have to be "well-liked" or just known by staff?

#84 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:32 AM

I have a question about Private.

Is the criteria only 1000 posts, a year of membership, and contributions? Do they have to be "well-liked" or just known by staff?

I already answered you in TC kinda but I'll answer so everyone else can see. It's all of it. You don't necessarily have to be well-liked by everyone, but if you have a reputation then it will follow you. 

I vote on whether or not the person deserves it based on the main criteria paired with whether or not they get along with/are helpful towards other members. If they don't get along with people, but I can see that they're really, really trying then I don't want to deny them it.

#85 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

The only real requirements are:

• 12 months of forum membership
  • 1000 posts on the forum
  • Consistent activity, friendliness, and/or helpfulness
  • Contributions of some sort including but not limited to programming, graphics or contests participation
For the above, we sometimes go indepth with circumstantial considerations like for for the third bulletpoint. ex were they continuous vs. gap active as well as their history of attitudes. I even research the person in depth, marking any pro's and con's not even mentioned in their applications to make my decision. 

As for the well-liked, I know I'm not particularly close or am affiliated to really consider any of the past candidates to deem them "well-liked" to me and even if they were, I wouldn't have qualms voting no for them if they didn't fully embody all 4 points. One of my own personal reasons for voting people into private are to pick people who will represent NeoCodex well and inspire other community members to stop lurking and truly become a part of the community since this is a rank of prestige and loyalty. 

On the chance that I harbor negative feelings or bias against a person, their application and their personal conduct will always outweigh my pitiful feelings. I can't really prove this point without showing evidence from the discussion topics, but I will say that past applicants who has a strong, specific, and professional application will always perform better than someone with a weak application who rides on their popularity (good or bad) to pull them through.

#86 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:50 AM

Thanks for the reply you two ^_^ I think that will help some that wish to apply.

#87 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:53 AM

Thanks for the reply you two ^_^ I think that will help some that wish to apply.

nope, still too scared :p 

But seriously, thanks guys for clearing things up :)

#88 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

waaat? DO IT DO IT

#89 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:06 PM

Or else.

#90 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:08 PM

P

PEER PRESSURE!! DO IT!

@Staff - will voting be open to private members anytime soon or just to staff? I think it would be beneficial (possibly) to create a subforum in private for voting (similar to Adv+), and after applications close, redlion could post the apps and we could all vote.

#91 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

P

PEER PRESSURE!! DO IT!

@Staff - will voting be open to private members anytime soon or just to staff? I think it would be beneficial (possibly) to create a subforum in private for voting (similar to Adv+), and after applications close, redlion could post the apps and we could all vote.

We already have a subforum for voting :p And staff will discuss it. 

#92 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

After we get more members it'll be open to voting. There's only 7 of us right now so that's not much for voting and discussing.

#93 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

We already have a subforum for voting :p And staff will discuss it. 

oh well , the more you know :p I thought you guys just discussed stuff in staff chat.

After we get more members it'll be open to voting. There's only 7 of us right now so that's not much for voting and discussing.

that's about the same amount  as staff :p

#94 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

We definitely want to look into opening voting up to the private members for sure but we need to look at increasing the private userbase before we do this I think. But you never know, as @Emily said, that will be up for staff discussion shortly.

#95 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

that's about the same amount  as staff :p

Although that's true, they probably pay more attention to the applicants than say Turnip and myself might. :p

That takes away from the quality of the vote.

#96 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:18 PM

Although that's true, they probably pay more attention to the applicants than say Turnip and myself might. :p

makes sense, I guess that and what Strat said clears it up.

#97 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:28 PM

A blind otter would pay more attention to the applicants than you and Turnip might. :p

#98 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

A blind otter would pay more attention to the applicants than you and Turnip might. :p

I wouldn't doubt it. :p

#99 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:42 PM

Don't forget the retired members...

#100 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

Don't forget the retired members...

You should be busy voting people into your own rank. :nono:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users