Quantcast

Jump to content


Photo

I'm bored

merica entertain me

  • Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#176 Rocket

Rocket
  • Ginger Snapped



  • 6,995 posts


Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:20 PM

I QUIT.



#177 Jess

Jess
  • ­čŹ┤Aioli-American­čŹ┤



  • 9,217 posts


Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

CHRISTMAS IS SAVED NOW THAT I'M A MAN

#178 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

  • 5,915 posts


Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:26 PM

Join the tom master race!

#179 Jess

Jess
  • ­čŹ┤Aioli-American­čŹ┤



  • 9,217 posts


Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:52 PM

I scraped the mold off my kvass and drank it today.

 

It was nice.



#180 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity


  • 6,353 posts


Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:59 PM

I scraped the mold off my kvass and drank it today.

 

It was nice.

 

I've never had kvass, but someone said it was okay to eat some of the mold of swiss cheese and I did. I didn't get sick because of it. Are there some molds that are okay to eat that people normally never touch?



#181 Bee

Bee

  • 1,155 posts


Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:10 PM

I've never had kvass, but someone said it was okay to eat some of the mold of swiss cheese and I did. I didn't get sick because of it. Are there some molds that are okay to eat that people normally never touch?

 

Apparently not all bread mould is dangerous but the person I was told regularly ate mouldy bread is dead so I'm avoiding that.



#182 Jess

Jess
  • ­čŹ┤Aioli-American­čŹ┤



  • 9,217 posts


Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:33 PM

I've never had kvass, but someone said it was okay to eat some of the mold of swiss cheese and I did. I didn't get sick because of it. Are there some molds that are okay to eat that people normally never touch?

Well, there's this stuff called Kahm yeast that some people mistake for mold that is safe to eat. I'm not sure about molds that people normally don't touch. I'm drawing a blank lol

 

I decided my kvass was safe to eat because the mold wasn't fuzzy, it was rubbery. It also smelled like beets and not mold. I wouldn't eat it if it smelled moldy or if it were a fuzzy mold. A rubbery 'mother' is fairly common on fermented drinks that go as long as I let mine (since Thanksgiving). And I'm sure by now, most of you have seen the SCOBY picture from kombucha that's been floating around because of Buzzfeed.

 

As far as the cheese thing, I regularly cut mold off cheese and carrots and eat the rest of it. I wash mold off salami and summer sausage and eat it anyway.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: merica, entertain me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users