• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:36 AM

I am in the middle of trip planning as a final "hurrah" before I start med school in August. I was originally going to Hong Kong but those plans fell through. So:

1) What city/region do you suggest

1b) What do you suggest to do once you're there.

2) What was your best trip? With whom did you travel? How long were you there? Was it expensive?

My best trip was a tour of France/Germany for 3 weeks with friends. It was amazing although a big part of the experience was because sI was with so many friends.

I need suggestions pl0x

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:13 AM

I'd say come to the anime convention with me, but that's in August.

#3 666

• 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

There are a bunch of bike tours that start at the top of Italy and then go to vineyards and stuff.

Just throwing that out there, or I mean you can just visit Italy without the bike tour crap :p

#4 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:35 AM

Japan's always good. Korea as well. I really enjoyed myself when I was there.

#5 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:37 AM

North Korea? Secret party capital of the world.

#6 666

• 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

I second this statement

I hear they have really good scenery 

#7 Haliax

Haliax
  • 366 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:12 AM

Let's party like it's 3000 BCE!

#8 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:13 AM

I was only half joking really, it'd be interesting to see North Korea purely because hardly any tourists have ever seen it and it would be a hell of a talking point. :p

#9 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:23 AM

Barcelona - I went there as part of field trip once, and it was the best time I've had abroad. I'm not sure about cost because it was paid for me, being about 14 at the time (I think it was about £170 for my parents, although the school could've paid for some of it as well... perhaps half, so £340? I dunno. :p).

The city itself has amazing sights (the architecture is lovely in the central districts), but just outside there's Port Aventura (http://www.portaventura.co.uk/), home to the largest rollercoaster in Europe, and also Benicassim, providing you go mid-July (http://fiberfib.com/index.php/en/).

I'm not exactly giving you the best overview because there's so much to consider, but it's definitely worth having a look at. Here's a little site I found which gives you a little briefing:

http://www.timeout.c...do-in-barcelona

#10 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:30 AM

Hanging out in best Korea.

#11 666

• 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:34 AM

I was only half joking really, it'd be interesting to see North Korea purely because hardly any tourists have ever seen it and it would be a hell of a talking point. :p

Yup!  My mom went to Cuba and got in through some cultural project that she was "working for" but it was really loose and just a way to go to Cuba.

She said that it was totally different and interesting to see an isolated country.

#12 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

Barcelona - I went there as part of field trip once, and it was the best time I've had abroad. I'm not sure about cost because it was paid for me, being about 14 at the time (I think it was about £170 for my parents, although the school could've paid for some of it as well... perhaps half, so £340? I dunno. :p).

The city itself has amazing sights (the architecture is lovely in the central districts), but just outside there's Port Aventura (http://www.portaventura.co.uk/), home to the largest rollercoaster in Europe, and also Benicassim, providing you go mid-July (http://fiberfib.com/index.php/en/).

I'm not exactly giving you the best overview because there's so much to consider, but it's definitely worth having a look at. Here's a little site I found which gives you a little briefing:

http://www.timeout.c...do-in-barcelona

Barcelona is nice enough but it's really not that much different to any other major European city. :/

#13 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:38 AM

Barcelona is nice enough but it's really not that much different to any other major European city. :/

Yeah, I suppose you're right. It's the best place I've ever been though. :)

Edited by Irradium, 31 May 2014 - 11:39 AM.

#14 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:27 PM

I just got back from a trip to California and it was glorious. 

I'm not sure if its what you're looking for but my boyfriend and I did a multi-city thing. We started in Sacramento for his cousin's wedding then went to Sonoma (WINE TOURS!!). After that we went to Point Reyes National Seashore and did a bunch of hiking, its a really beautiful area. Then we made our way to San Francisco. After that we did 2 days in Yosemite National Park and hiked all sorts of crazy trails. We went to the top of a waterfall which was amazing and also got to see a bunch of cool nature-y stuff. Then we finished in Lake Tahoe with laying out on the lake and being catered to our every whim :p 

As a recent pharmacy graduate, I can say that taking a trip prior to starting school is an awesome idea! I wish I had done it myself :p 

#15 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

I just got back from a trip to California and it was glorious. 

I would love to go to Cali but I don't know anyone there and I wouldn't be able to rent a car :(

#16 Chalk

Chalk
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:52 PM

You're cute.  ^_^

#17 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:53 AM

Trip around Europe? Spend like two or three days in each country (worthy of visit/cost) for a month?

#18 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:04 AM

If North Korea is too extreme for you, you could always try Detroit. I could give a tour. ;)

#19 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:05 AM

I've heard good things about interrailing across Europe.

Very stereotypical gap yah activity :p

#20 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:36 AM

He's becoming a doctor, of course he's posh and rich/middle class.

#21 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

You're cute.  ^_^

who are you

Trip around Europe? Spend like two or three days in each country (worthy of visit/cost) for a month?

I would love to do that. however I do not have the cashflow for that :(

If North Korea is too extreme for you, you could always try Detroit. I could give a tour. ;)

The heck is there to do in Detroit?

#22 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:49 AM

why not come to malaysia? this year is visit malaysia year. just remember not to fly using malaysia airlines. :p

#23 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:04 AM

New Brunswick lololol
We can tip cows and I can watch you get drunk.

#24 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:07 AM

Haha I wish I had enough money to just travel the world and meet up with Codexers :p

Harass strat and play with a koala

#25 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

Haha I wish I had enough money to just travel the world and meet up with Codexers :p

Harass strat and play with a koala

Koala tipping.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kate nudes, her nudes are my summer, and they trip me out, the good way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users