• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:48 AM

jbhDOQW2O38jRK.png

jslfkCrXuGOV2.png

Nominations start: Now

Nominations end: June 7, 2014

Voting Period: June 7-June 11

Who to Nominate: We are looking for someone who is kind, helpful, and has made great contributions to the forum while encouraging activity. You may nominate up to three people.

How to Nominate: To nominate, either PM me or post here. Your nomination must include the person's username and 2-3 well thought out reasons - for example, explaining how well you think they did contributing to something. Reasons like "because they're cool" will not be counted.

How to Win: The three users with the most nominations will be voted on at the end of the nomination period. The person with the most votes at the end of the voting period will become June's MOTM. 

Full Rules:

- Do not nominate yourself or ask to be nominated.

- Staff members may be nominated but each individual staff member may only win once every six months.

- Provide 2-3 well thought out reasons as to why you think the user you have nominated should be MOTM. If your reasoning is not valid, your nomination may not be considered. 

- Post your nomination here or PM me if you would like to be anonymous.

- If you won the previous month, you cannot be nominated.

June MOTM Prizes:

- Private+ site theme for the month.

- Pretty userbar for the month:

motmchamplong.gif

- Shiny award to keep permanently:

motm.gif

Made by @Sweeney

#2 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:52 AM

Woot! First ever MOTM :) Loving the userbar/award!

#3 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:05 AM

Awe this looks awesome!  :wub:  Loving the award and user bar

#4 Majesty

Majesty
  • 164 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:34 AM

what a brilliant userbar, this should be exciting!! sent in my nomination ^__^

#5 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:06 AM

Ooh, I like the prizes! This is gonna be good. :D

#6 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:12 AM

Just came back from a break from Codex and got really confused trying to find old MOTMs until I came back and saw Strat's post ops

#7 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:20 AM

I just wanted to let you guys know that you can now nominate a maximum of three people!

#8 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:42 AM

I would be MOTM but..
tumblr_m9onwprgBN1rd7481o1_500_large.gif

So that being said, I'd like to make my first nomination for Waser Lave.
Waser has been an active part of this community for a very long time and whether people know it or not, he does a crap load to keep things running smoothly on this forum, behind the scenes and right in front of our faces. He responds to threads when people need help and even when people can't figure out the problem, he spends his time trying to solve it for them. He's clever and witty and is polite to pretty much everyone he encounters and provides a comfortable environment for new users. 

#9 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:19 AM

what a cool bunch of prizes! :D

i wonder if i should nominate someone based on what they did all these years or just for the past month? since this is the first MOTM and all. i need to think about this before nominating someone. :p

#10 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:36 AM

Would like to nominate @Kordelia

Has been extremely kind and helpful to not just me, but everyone around the forum for as long as she's been here. Helped out with contests and put in a lot of work to make this place better for everyone. SO I NOMINATE KORDELIA! :D

#11 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:43 AM

Nah @HappyAccident, though thank you for the kindness. :) I have been inactive quite a bit lately and think those who are consistently active should be nominated.

I'd like to nominate Waser and Keil.

Edited by Kordelia, 01 June 2014 - 06:44 AM.

#12 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:50 AM

Nah @HappyAccident, though thank you for the kindness. :) I have been inactive quite a bit lately and think those who are consistently active should be nominated.

I'd like to nominate Waser and Keil.

You have to provide 2-3 reasons for each nomination :p 

#13 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 803 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:58 AM

Why does the userbar says MotM Champion and not just Member of the Month?

#14 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:58 AM

You have to provide 2-3 reasons for each nomination :p

Thank you, ugh not fully awake and still shaking the cobwebs from my brain as the coffee kicks in. :wub:

Waser: I see Waser consistently helpful in the community. Waser is also consistently helpful and available via message at any time. I know this describes countless folks, but this is what pops to my mind now and will also pop to my mind frequently in nominating others in the coming months. :)

Keil: I will preface this by first asking whether Keil ever sleeps! Keil is pleasant and cheerful and seems to always be just a shout away at any given time, though that untimely stop to mingle with the hookers rather than post Team Codex immediately will live in infamy.  :lol2:  Keil and really everyone on staff have done a tremendous amount of work to really get Codex all sharp and snazzy in a seemingly short amount of time.

Edited by Kordelia, 01 June 2014 - 09:53 AM.

#15 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:05 AM

I'd like to nominate:

@Ivysaur for his extensive contributions to the Pokemon Sub-Forum, hosting both the Neocodex Pokebattle Royale and the Neocodex Pokebattle Royale Round 2. Ivysaur is consistently active and overall helpful.

@Napiform her continued dedication and activity is superb and she is a shining example of what it means to be a Codexian. She is hands down one of the most active members of this forum and deserves recognition for her contributions and time.

@Stuck he goes above and beyond providing graphics and services to the forum and deserves better recognition for his work. His contributions can be seen on every page under every avatar.

#16 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:08 AM

I nominate @Keil because:

• He is very active
  • He's put so much effort into Team Codex this year in James's absence
  • He's very amusing. :D

#17 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:18 AM

i'm gonna nominate @Sweeney! he's been very active in practically all the subforums in neocodex and i really enjoy reading all his posts. i appreciate his effort in making the craftgame and making all those FR tools. ever since becoming a mod again in late april, he has done a really really great job too as evident in this, this and this. :)

my second nomination is @Waser Lave (urgh still don't know how to mention him :crybaby:). same reasons as @Kate's.  :p

last but not least, i'd like to nominate @Keil. my reasons are the same as @Scrafty's. :p

#18 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

Oh fun!! 

I'd like to nominate the following: 

Keil: He's really taken the lead with team codex and gotten the buzz going. He's been very helpful to all members, I remember being a newbie and Keil really helped me get better acquainted with the site. 

Boggart: He always comes up with interesting topics that bring in conversation. He is also very friendly and makes all members feel comfortable enough to post. 

Stuck: His graphics are ridiculous and he's been helping make userbars without being a diva about it :p He also encourages other members of codex to embrace their creativity and provides tips and guidance to those wanting to try being artistic! 

#19 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:17 PM

i'm gonna nominate @Sweeney! he's been very active in practically all the subforums in neocodex and i really enjoy reading all his posts. i appreciate his effort in making the craftgame and making all those FR tools. ever since becoming a mod again in late april, he has done a really really great job too as evident in this, this and this. :)

my second nomination is Waser Lave (urgh still don't know how to mention him :crybaby:). same reasons as @Kate's.  :p

last but not least, i'd like to nominate @Keil. my reasons are the same as @Scrafty's. :p

I'm going to need for you to write up your own reasons for the last two. Nominations with "same as what so and so said" for reasoning will not be accepted :p

#20 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:28 PM

Why does the userbar says MotM Champion and not just Member of the Month?

I believe that is because originally the Champion tag was for people who had won MoTM more than once, while another tag was for the winner each month.

Not sure if that is still the case.

#21 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 803 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:07 PM

I'm going to need for you to write up your own reasons for the last two. Nominations with "same as what so and so said" for reasoning will not be accepted :p

Does it matter? They are already being nominated by someone else with valid reasons.

I believe that is because originally the Champion tag was for people who had won MoTM more than once, while another tag was for the winner each month.

Not sure if that is still the case.

I see.

#22 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

Does it matter? They are already being nominated by someone else with valid reasons.

I see.

Yes, it matters. I want people to give their own reasons rather than piggy backing off of someone else's. The three members everyone votes on are based off of who gets the most nominations. I want each nomination to have well thought out reasoning behind it, not just "ditto to what they said." 

#23 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:32 PM

Yes, it matters. I want people to give their own reasons rather than piggy backing off of someone else's. The three members everyone votes on are based off of who gets the most nominations. I want each nomination to have well thought out reasoning behind it, not just "ditto to what they said." 

i applaud this! 

#24 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:13 PM

I would like to nominate:

@Majesty She has helped me out with some very difficult to get avis.  She is always setting up good items for sale and is active on the trade boards.

@Waser Lave for his ever lasting help on the site

@Maha for his postings and activity

#25 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:15 PM

FIIIINNNEEE. :p

for @Keil, i love his sense of humor and as a moderator he did a great job so far. i believe he's very reasonable and just in his judgement so far. his choice for what team codex is going to be in altador cup is flawless and i really appreciate him researching the team first for the pro's and con's rather than picking based on the popular vote. he is not as clique-y and treats everyone equally whether you are a new member or old, regular member or retired as evident in the altador cup thread. he's also going to sacrifice a truckload of shells to ensure our victory in altador cup.

as for LW, i find him very down-to-earth and i enjoy reading his posts. i rely heavily on his mystery pics answers every week and i really appreciate him for sharing those answers with everyone. he always there to help newbies with questions whether in status updates or in threads. whenever someone has a question about programming he's always there to lend his expertise.

Edited by Stuck, 02 June 2014 - 02:34 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: motm, nominations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users