Quantcast

Photo

3DS games to get me back into playing it?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 buhrooke

buhrooke
  • 28 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

The last game that I bought for my 3ds was Animal Crossing. I was superr addicted to that, but really haven't picked up my 3DS in a few months. Anything that's come out that has been really good that I should consider picking up?

#2 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:35 AM

Maybe talk about your preferences a bit?

I'm currently playing New Super Mario Bros. 2 on multiplayer with my bf which is a lot of fun and we still haven't collected all star coins yet. ^^

#3 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

Tomodachi Life is out on Friday. It's a neat little simulator that doesn't take much dedication to enjoy. Kinda like Animal Crossing.

#4 buhrooke

buhrooke
  • 28 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:16 PM

Maybe talk about your preferences a bit?

I'm currently playing New Super Mario Bros. 2 on multiplayer with my bf which is a lot of fun and we still haven't collected all star coins yet. ^^

I'm really not too picky about anything. I've played Pokemon in the past, haven't picked up the new one though. :o I don't think you can go wrong with any Mario game to be honest. God speed to you and your boyfriend! 

Tomodachi Life is out on Friday. It's a neat little simulator that doesn't take much dedication to enjoy. Kinda like Animal Crossing.

I keep hearing about this, is it like tamagotchi? I'll check it out thank you ^^. 

#5 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

I'm really not too picky about anything. I've played Pokemon in the past, haven't picked up the new one though. :o I don't think you can go wrong with any Mario game to be honest. God speed to you and your boyfriend! 

I keep hearing about this, is it like tamagotchi? I'll check it out thank you ^^. 

Pokemon is good if you know you'll continue to play it to complete the Pokedex or train a competitive team.

Tomodachi Life is some sort of a life simulator for your Miis. ^^

#6 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:45 PM

I pretty much only play Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon right now, Yung stole my Rune Factory 4. My 6 year old got into the latest Zelda recently and told me she loves it, if that means anything.

I'm interested in the New Yoshi's Island... Yoshi's Island was the first game I ever beat. Has anyone played it yet?

#7 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

You can't go wrong with Pokemon and Zelda! I haven't played Zelda yet, but as far as Pokemon goes, it's easy to take a break then come back to and pick up where you left off. I find it easier to come back to than Animal Crossing, for that reason. :)

#8 Jam

Jam
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

Perhaps give Attack of the Friday Monsters a try:
http://www.destructo...le-258514.phtml

It's only $8 on the nintendo e-store.

#9 allzero

allzero
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

It really depends on your preferences. I'm just gonna echo what everyone said and recommend picking up Tomodachi Life too, although it's more like The Sims than Animal Crossing imo.

If you like JRPGs then there's Fire Emblem: Awakening, Bravely Default and Shin Megami Tensei IV. You get to decide if you want better looking kids or stats on FE:A. Bravely Default relies a lot of strategy in the later parts of the game. You have 24 classes to choose from with different abilities to add to your characters. SMT4 is similar to Bravely Default where you have some ability customization going on except you customize demons. You fuse demons together to get more powerful demons.

Like visual novels? Definitely get Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

Other games I recommend that I'm too lazy to write about are Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Mario Kart 7, Zelda, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Etrian odyssey IV: Legends of The Titan, and Super Smash Bros(this one hasn't been released yet but its release should be sometime during summer and winter for the Wii U version). 

#10 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

It's time to get smash'ing and i know you guys need it

Seriously, go for FE.A, SMT4 or pokemon. Really depends on your type of genre, cause stuff like mario kart can never get old despite its age

#11 nerdionsia

nerdionsia
  • 27 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

Reiterating Pokemon X or Y! They're awesome games, I love them! Also The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is amazing, if you've ever played A Link Between worlds, nostalgia, but with a new twist. I love it so much, and it also has hero mode, so it has some re-play- ability. I've heard many people talk about how AMAZING Bravely Default is, and they have a demo on the e-shop which will give you benefits when you buy the game, I haven't yet, but plan to purchase it soon. And also, Yoshi's New Island! It's a good game as well.  

#12 Arduno

Arduno
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

Bravery Default / Pokemon X/Y / Zelda Game

And the incoming super smash bros on the nintendo 3ds :D

#13 Lan

Lan
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:38 PM

No one has mentioned mario party? It's great fun if you have someone to play with, you only need one copy, if not then avoid it.

#14 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate if you have friends who have/are willing to get it

#15 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:11 AM

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate if you have friends who have/are willing to get it

I'm thinking about getting it since I've finished New Super Mario Bros 2. Can you tell me about its multiplayer capabilities?

#16 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

I'm thinking about getting it since I've finished New Super Mario Bros 2. Can you tell me about its multiplayer capabilities?

Local play between other 3DS users only, no online capabilities (unless you have a Wii U)

#17 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:09 AM

Local play between other 3DS users only, no online capabilities (unless you have a Wii U)

Local play is fine with me. I've heard the game is mission based. Can a friend just drop in at any time?

#18 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:07 AM

Local play is fine with me. I've heard the game is mission based. Can a friend just drop in at any time?

Yeap, and it's all kill and fetching quests if you're into that sort of thing

#19 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:47 AM

If you enjoy actiony stuff with a hit of humor in it, I'd suggest getting Kid Icarus: Uprising. Kirby Triple Deluxe, although a bit easy is incredibly fun as well (and it even has a rhythm game and Arena mode, so there's extra stuff to do)

Pokémon is a no brainer if you're interested in that franchise. And there's tons of Mario games you can get. (Mario Kart 7 is a LOT of fun.)

#20 domnito

domnito
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:53 PM

The only suggestions I can think of are Pokemon and anything related to Harvest Moon :D Although if Myst is re-re-re-re-rereleased for 3DS I'll have to grab that one too, for my collection.

#21 CibuMattie

CibuMattie
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:58 AM

Pokémon X and Y are very good, well rounded Pokémon games and if you enjoy that series I'd say get one, I've heard Bravely Default is great (a JRPG) but I've not managed to get a copy yet. Tomodachi Life is meant to be really fun and silly and good in that regard.

If you've ever played Pokémon Link/Pokémon Trozei, there's a new one out on the 3DS store which is very fun. 

#22 SinSin

SinSin
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:44 PM

Is it bad that I came into this thread to find games so *I* could play my 3DS again? 

Gonna go off what others said about Pokemon X and Y. Definitely good games. And Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will be coming soon too. I would recommend Harvest Moon A New Beginning, but After getting so used to Animal Parade on the Wii, A New Beginning got a bit too... irksome for me. Nintendogs+Cats is always good too; something to pass a bit of the time, though it can get a bit boring after a while, even with the cool unlockables as incentives. That's about all I can give though. I mainly got my 3DS for the inevitable Pokemon games, but gradually, I am finding more titles that I'd like to try myself.

#23 SuperDuperPuppu

SuperDuperPuppu
  • 148 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:42 AM

1) Fire Emblem Awakening.

It's a really hit or miss (turn-based RPG), but the story is just so good.

2) Rune Factory 4

It's really similar to animal crossing in the sense that you get money (via your farm) to upgrade stuff (farm and equiptment).

But there's also an RPG element to it. You can fight monsters, level up, train skills, marry someone.

It's a must have! Definitely cannot be a miss due to covering a huge variety of gaming preferences.

3) Professor Layton

It's all about the puzzles. You spend 100+ hours solving puzzles to continue the storyline, so I find it really enjoyable. And it's something you can pickup and play for 5 minutes and put back down. No addiction attached to it.

#24 SinSin

SinSin
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:23 PM

I just got Tomodachi Life this morning, and I'd recommend it. I've been fiddling with it off and on all day; quite entertaining XD

#25 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:30 PM

I second Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward if you're into visual novels and puzzle solving, its the sequel to 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors on the DS but you don't need to play 999 to understand Virtue's Last Reward. Pokemon mystery dungeon is also a fun dungeon crawler if you're into those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users