Quantcast

Photo

3DS games to get me back into playing it?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:56 PM

I second Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward if you're into visual novels and puzzle solving, its the sequel to 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors on the DS but you don't need to play 999 to understand Virtue's Last Reward. Pokemon mystery dungeon is also a fun dungeon crawler if you're into those.

I currently spend more time on my DS right now because I picked up Phoenix Wright again and am playing though the last game of the trilogy. I am already looking for other virtual novel type games to play on DS/3DS and 999 sounds great for a start! <3 Will also stalk ebay if someone sells Zero Escape for cheap.

#27 Lovato

Lovato
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 308 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:59 AM

I second Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward if you're into visual novels and puzzle solving, its the sequel to 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors on the DS but you don't need to play 999 to understand Virtue's Last Reward. Pokemon mystery dungeon is also a fun dungeon crawler if you're into those.

You should play 999 though. There are many references to that game in the sequel, and if you don't play it you'll be like 'wait, what are they talking about' at some points during the story. 

I recommend getting both, not only are they the BEST visual novel games on the DS/3DS, but the characters are really great and the puzzles are challenging (mostly in VLR). 

#28 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

I currently spend more time on my DS right now because I picked up Phoenix Wright again and am playing though the last game of the trilogy. I am already looking for other virtual novel type games to play on DS/3DS and 999 sounds great for a start! <3 Will also stalk ebay if someone sells Zero Escape for cheap.

If you're interested playing in Gyakuten Kenji 2 (Ace Attorney Investigations 2: Prosecutors Path) since it hasn't been localized in the US, just search up ' Ace Attorney Investigations 2: Prosecutors Path cases 1-5 beta [release]' because I'm not sure if I'm allowed to just link it.

#29 Soulsucker

Soulsucker
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:32 PM

i'm currently playing Bravely Default and Rune Factory 4.

So far, both have been fun. Although that may just be me and my thing for RPGs.

But seriously, I would recommend BD. The variety of jobs makes it fun, plus the characters are quite endearing. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users