things you love

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:16 AM

Have you ever had something that is of great sentimental value to you and just you? You love this item to bits, but to anyone else it's pretty much rubbish.

This is mine:

Spoiler

I bought that wristband for 20p almost a year ago now, and I have it all the time except when I'm working. It represents someone very special to me. Once, it dropped off my wrist without my noticing. I almost cried, and then found it in my grocery bag when I got home. Phew.

What's yours? Post pics, tell epics.

Edited by Bee, 07 June 2014 - 11:17 AM.

#2 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:36 AM

I have a chain and a bunch of dog tags from my friends. They're very sentimental and I have so many now that it's almost weighing down my neck. But I almost always wear it.

Also love for @CountFurFur

He is a thing

#3 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

I'll skip over the sob-inducing story. This neck bandanna (neckerchief?) taught me to take advantage of the time with people I'm with in the moment than wasting time pining to be with a different group. I regret wishing to leave the group I was assigned to go to another more popular group. I never untied it since mostly because I never tried to.  

Spoiler

#4 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

I'm pretty attached to a couple of things:

1) A necklace with a replica of the One Ring hanging from it, which I got from a very close friend. The ring is from a LoTR Monopoly game, and the chain is from a proper LoTR ring merchandise piece that I was given as a present (but that ring didn't have the inscription, so I switched it). The ring is pretty small, and it only fits on my left pinky, but I still love it.

I don't see him that much any more, since we're both at different schools and even less so these few weeks, when A-Level exams/BTEC deadlines are going on, but I still think about him... hopefully the feeling is mutual.

2) A 'rattleback' - I got it at a community lecture where Simon Singh was promoting his book 'The Simpons and their Mathematical Secrets' (I think that's the title). I hardly ever play with it/spin it, or even use it in any other way (I had planned to use it as way of trying to break the ice with someone I was on a date with the next day, but that fell through), but I still keep it with me in my pocket at all times. It's gotten pretty chipped after all this time.

I guess I'm attached to it for no particular reason, haha. :p

Rattleback (video & wiki page):

Spoiler

Edited by Irradium, 07 June 2014 - 12:39 PM.

#5 pistola

pistola
  • 437 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:47 PM

my wallet is very sentimental, being from my grandfather who died 6 years ago. its black leather and still in surprisingly good shape after using it everyday for the past 8 years. i also have a st. louis cardinals hat that i wear every game they play and win or loose it seems to bring me luck.

#6 Mandie

Mandie
  • 407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

I have a small cedar box. Inside I have various things, my 'treasures'. One is a straw my dad gave me as a joke when he was in the hospital. Another is a rock my father found when he was a child somewhere. There are a few coins of various currency (mostly Finnish). There is also a piece of metal that I found on the shore of lake Superior that I believe to be part of a ship. Everything in the box is special to me.

#7 Jolly

Jolly
  • 75 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:19 PM

I have a plushie bat with a bow tie that I bought with the money I earned a long time ago.

Its super cute. I'll get a picture sometime.

#8 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

I have moldavite and herkimer diamond earrings. Moldavite is a type of tektite where the meteor melts the rocks (silicates or quarts) so that it forms molten glass. The cool thing about this one is that it's green glass and rather pretty :) I love them because it feels like I have a little pieces of outer space around my head. I'm weird, I know. I also love my nuummite cab because it's 3.5billion years old and that's freaking cool lol.

I don't become overly attached to objects, though. My laptop? My phone? But only because they're currently necessities for my lifestyle.

#9 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:50 PM

I have a Girasol wrap thats special to me. It's their 'double rainbow' with azure weft. It's 5.2m of woven cloth and for the first years of my daughter's life I carried her on my back with it. She'd fall asleep before I was finished wrapping sometimes. I have a few other wraps but thats the one she'd bring me when we were going on a hike or pretty much anywhere a stroller would be a huge inconvenience.

Edited by 0ryx, 11 June 2014 - 04:05 AM.

#10 Violetmebe

Violetmebe
  • 109 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:23 PM

I have this note from one of my best friends from when I was 11 years old. And I kept it in my wallet and still have it.

But I remember when I was like 9 or something, I actually cut of some of my friends hair and put it in a box along with a photo of her because she was moving away. That meant something to me when I was younger. Creepy lol, I actually think I still have that box somewhere..

#11 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:10 AM

Even though I'm a super-mega-hoarder, I only have two things I genuinely love and would be devastated if something happened to them. (stupid blurry camera phone pics ahead.)

My grandmother gave me this star when I turned 5. It's the oldest thing I have. I've lost tons of things, but somehow I've always managed to hang on to this. I guess it's a paperweight or something, I just kind of play with it when I'm happy or upset and think about stars. It's scratched to hell, but that's life.

Spoiler

The other thing is an autographed guitar pick from a Metallica concert I went to in high school. It was one of the last concerts my mom and I went to together before we started fucking our lives up. (It was also easily one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Well worth the billion dollars for floor tickets)

Spoiler

#12 GermanyItaly

GermanyItaly
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

i have a little stainless steel ring i found fishing a few years ago, and i've worn it ever since. It has a cool tribal pattern on it. probably absolutely worthless.

Also, i have a few peter pan pins and a peter pan cup from burger king or s/t

#13 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:16 AM

I love my cat.

Don't make fun of me, his companionship brings me happiness, which is rare in my life.

#14 GermanyItaly

GermanyItaly
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

I love my cat.

Don't make fun of me, his companionship brings me happiness, which is rare in my life.

bruh nobody blames you for loving your cat

pets are a very important part of a lot of peoples' lives

#15 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:43 PM

4 cats and a dog that Ive traveled across the States with over the past 6 years.  I've left behind or lost many things over those years, but never them.

#16 CharmanderFTW

CharmanderFTW
  • 123 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:12 PM

I have a football that was signed by Aaron Rodgers, and a bunch of other players that were just getting their starts.

I'm a huge packer fan, So this football is everything to me.

#17 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:42 AM

I love nothing because I'm a heartless harpy.

#18 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:20 AM

Music
The boy
80s British TV shows
Being a moany twat

You lie Alexandra, you lie.

#19 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:45 AM

Music
The boy
80s British TV shows
Being a moany twat

You lie Alexandra, you lie.

None of those are items of sentimental value. :p And I'd say that only being a moany twat is actually true.

#20 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

You don't love music? I guess that's what four years at the RCM does to you.

You don't love old British TV shows? Hand your passport in now.

You don't love The boy? Well I can understand. I don't love boys either.

#21 jonis

jonis
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:47 PM

My kids? Naah too easy, I really love my golden though. If I'd known she would be such a great companion I never would've married. :p

#22 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

You don't love music? I guess that's what four years at the RCM does to you.

You don't love old British TV shows? Hand your passport in now.

You don't love The boy? Well I can understand. I don't love boys either.

Apart from Only Fools and Horses, I'm not sure how much 80s British tv I've ever really watched. :p And I stand by my other 2 points. 4 years at RCM would break anyone.

I found one thing, which is a necklace that's a Danish coin on a chain. My dad gave it to me because he'd been away on business to Denmark and I liked that the 1 krone coin had a hole in the middle. I broke the chain a couple of years ago and thought I'd lost it and really freaked out, but luckily it was in the house.

#23 Mandie

Mandie
  • 407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

Cheesecake. :wub:

#24 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:55 AM

A Ralts plush that my ex boyfriend gave me before we broke it off. Still keep it because despite the bad ending, we had plenty of good times together, too.

#25 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

A golden heart necklace that my mom and step dad gave me for my birthday. I wear it whenever I fly because it makes me feel safe. One time I forgot it and freaked out. 

My parents are divorced and I have both of their wedding rings on necklaces. I never wear them though because I feel like that would be weird :p My dad's has a golden heart with an e on it in the middle though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: things, you, love

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users