Customization Contest Rules and Guidelines
Rules for hosting a contest
Each new contest should be hosted by the previous contest's winner. If a new thread is not opened by the most recent winner within three days of the last results thread being posted, anyone may step in to host the contest, or PM me and I will open a new contest.
New Customization Contest topics should follow this basic format:
To create a voting thread, the contest host should compile all entries into a topic following the following basic format. The topic should contain a poll with PUBLIC votes with a numbered option corresponding with each entry.
(Images should be generated from the Dress to Impress site. This can be done by selecting the "Sharing" tab to the right on the image. From there, select "BBCode" at the bottom and copy the link under "Large". This should result in a link to an image form of the outfit, which may be clicked to view the full outfit.)
To create a results thread, use the following basic format.
If at any point during your hosting of the contest you have any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me!
Rules for submitting an entry
- All entries must be generated using the Dress to Impress simulator.
- Entries must be submitted via PM to the contest host. This can be done by sending them the outfit page for your entry. See in spoiler:
- If you wish, you may include a 1-2 sentence description of your entry to accompany it in the voting thread.
- Please submit original customizations only. Anyone found to have submitted the work of another member or Neopets user will be banned from future contests.
- Only one submission per contest.
Rules for voting
- Vote for whichever entry you think best fits the week's theme!
- Entrants may not vote for their own entries. No exceptions.
- In the case of a tie, the contest host must wait to post the results thread until the tie has broken. A tiebreaking vote may be encouraged by posting in the voting thread.
(shoutout to @Strategist's SOTW guidelines for inspiring this format)