Quantcast

Photo

Best in-game utility/grinding Pokemon for X/Y?

tips x/y

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:33 AM

I'm currently looking for Pokemon that help grinding money/exp/BP or with help with catching/breeding. Now I thought instead of trying to think of everything myself maybe some of you can contribute or benefit from any ideas here.

Like I have a Lv. 100 Gallade purely for catching Pokemon with Mean Look, False Swipe, Thunder Wave and Hypnosis.

Older generation Pokemon/move sets are fine, or a mixture of both as long as the set itself is legit. Plus points for Pokemon that can do multiple things, like having Sweet Scent to attract Pokemon and sweep hordes with an AoE move. Most of the time, party slots are precious and it's nice if you don't have to clog your team with a HM slave, Synchronizer etc etc.

We can then make a list of a bunch of useful Pokemon, with the possibility of distributing them if they are obtainable from older generation games through cloning. You're encouraged to suggest anything that you find is useful for any gameplay mechanic e.g. a bunch of flawless dittos.

Like I said, I love my Gallade but it can't hit Ghost Pokemon (and its ability isn't really helpful for catching). Maybe someone else has a better idea?

Here's my first real question though:

I'm also trying to complete my dex and have to level a lot of Pokemon to evolve them. From somewhere else, I read that restaurant Le Wow is a good exp and money grinding spot when coupled with O-powers. Now I want a Pokemon to own Triple battles while ensuring I don't KO my own Pokemon, because then they won't receive any exp and you get prize penalties for KOed ones. So basically one Pokemon should be able to deal with all Triple battle opponents to carry the rest for leveling. It would be nice if I could keep any direct damage from my low level Pokemon altogether but I don't think that's possible.

Edited by Eefi, 14 June 2014 - 03:35 AM.

#2 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:56 AM

Volcarona and Smeargle might be what you're after, if you want to replace Gallade to condense party usage.

Volcarona on its own with its Flame Body ability can lower the steps required to hatch eggs, and is powerful enough to sweep Le Wow no problem. Not to mention it can Fly. It also gets Heat Wave which is a great move to use against Horde Pokémon.

Smeargle you can slap Spore, False Swipe, Sweet Scent and Petal Blizzard on to be a catcher/hoard killer. Or you could get rid of Petal Blizzard on it (since Volcarona would have you covered) and put Soak on it instead, which turns the opposing Pokémon into a Water type. (Which would allow Spore to hit Grass types, and False Swipe to hit Ghosts.)

Also you can just do Rotation Battles in Le Wow so you don't have to worry about fainting your own Pokémon. The two you send out along with Volcarona would get the boosted exp, but won't be hit by its moves (or, well, any moves whatsoever as long as you don't rotate them.)

#3 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:12 AM

I picked Triple battles because I thought that was the fastest way to level up while trying to get at least as much money back as I need for entering. Since you get a bonus for taking a given number of turns and they're like 6 for rotation battles. What's the best spot for leveling in your opinion? I've tried the Battle Chateau but there's no guarantee that a lot of Audino girls will appear and I avoid the E4 because it's five battles and I can't switch out Pokemon between battles.

Are hordes any good for leveling? Or just for hunting shinies and ev training.

#4 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:15 AM

I picked Triple battles because I thought that was the fastest way to level up while trying to get at least as much money back as I need for entering. Since you get a bonus for taking a given number of turns and they're like 6 for rotation battles. What's the best spot for leveling in your opinion? I've tried the Battle Chateau but there's no guarantee that a lot of Audino girls will appear and I avoid the E4 because it's five battles and I can't switch out Pokemon between battles.

Are hordes any good for leveling? Or just for hunting shinies and ev training.

Hordes are pretty much only good for shinies and EV training unless you don't mind doing it in Victory Road.

The bonus in Le Wow only really affects how many mushrooms they give you at the end. But if you're going through with an Amulet Coin and using the Money O-Power on yourself before entering, you're making back more than you spent to enter regardless, making the mushrooms icing at that point.

#5 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:22 AM

The bonus in Le Wow only really affects how many mushrooms they give you at the end. But if you're going through with an Amulet Coin and using the Money O-Power on yourself before entering, you're making back more than you spent to enter regardless, making the mushrooms icing at that point.

I do need the mushrooms right now because my main objective is to farm exp and so I have a Lucky Egg equipped and use the exp O-Power. Now that I think about it, I can equip an Amulet coin on the second Pokemon. Does it also trigger when I equip it on a second/third Pokemon in a rotation battle but don't ever send it in front?

#6 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:24 AM

I do need the mushrooms right now because my main objective is to farm exp and so I have a Lucky Egg equipped and use the exp O-Power. Now that I think about it, I can equip an Amulet coin on the second Pokemon. Does it also trigger when I equip it on a second/third Pokemon in a rotation battle but don't ever send it in front?

It should trigger like that, since the Pokémon is technically in battle and receives exp, whether or not you rotate it to the front.

Also you can have more than one O-Power active, so since Exp. is more important, do level 3 of that, then activate level 1 Money power to give you an extra boost.

#7 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:05 AM

Finding a Smeargle that fits that bill isn't going to be easy though.

If you do find one I can clone it for you a few times and you could likely trade one of your clones for other viable utility Pokemon.

#8 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:09 AM

Finding a Smeargle that fits that bill isn't going to be easy though.

If you do find one I can clone it for you a few times and you could likely trade one of your clones for other viable utility Pokemon.

How wouldn't it be easy? Between Heart Scales and ingame low-level Double/Triple battles you can easily get the moves on Smeargle via Sketch.

#9 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:31 AM

How wouldn't it be easy? Between Heart Scales and ingame low-level Double/Triple battles you can easily get the moves on Smeargle via Sketch.

This.

The worst part is just taking the time to breed a good one if that's what you're after, and that's not even really difficult.

#10 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:58 AM

I can't seem to get one with:

Spore, Shell Smash, Shadow Sneak, Baton Pass

At this point I care far more about getting these moves than the rest of its stats but ideally 252 HP 252 SPE and 4 DEF

**I'd make 4 free clones to of anything for the person who could acquire a Smeargle with this for me.

***Alternatively I'd pay in competitive KB Shinies

#11 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:13 AM

Spore: Paras or Shroomish

Shell Smash: Cloyster

Shadow Sneak: anything that can learn it

Baton Pass: Same as above

All freely available from Pokemon encountered on routes or friend safari.

#12 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

Spore: Paras or Shroomish

Shell Smash: Cloyster

Shadow Sneak: anything that can learn it

Baton Pass: Same as above

All freely available from Pokemon encountered on routes or friend safari.

I'm lazy. >.>

I'll go find a perfect IV Smeargle. Brb.

#13 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:13 PM

I'm lazy. >.>  

Then why are you complaining?

-_-

#14 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

I can see myself preparing a bunch of Smeargle but meh it's a bit boring xD. I went to collect berries today and found the move "Soak", that turns the opponent into a water type. Which means I can make Ghost types hittable and go with Spore, Soak and False Swipe for a catcher Smeargle.

While farming berries in battles, I ignored every other thing except berry trees that can be in the background http://www.serebii.n...wilditems.shtml

It would be possible to combine the moves necessary for most situations which are Air cutter, Surf, Rock slide, Petal Blizzard/Heat wave.

#15 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:11 PM

I can see myself preparing a bunch of Smeargle but meh it's a bit boring xD. I went to collect berries today and found the move "Soak", that turns the opponent into a water type. Which means I can make Ghost types hittable and go with Spore, Soak and False Swipe for a catcher Smeargle.

While farming berries in battles, I ignored every other thing except berry trees that can be in the background http://www.serebii.n...wilditems.shtml

It would be possible to combine the moves necessary for most situations which are Air cutter, Surf, Rock slide, Petal Blizzard/Heat wave.

I have two Smeargle for that purpose. One is a catcher with Spore, False Swipe, Soak, and Sweet Scent, while the other sports Air Cutter, Surf, Rock Slide, and Petal Blizzard.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tips, x/y

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users