6 replies to this topic

#1 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:56 AM

Has anyone been watching Fargo? Here's the summary from imdb

A drifter named Lorne Malvo arrives in small-town Minnesota and influences the population with his malice and violence, including put-upon insurance salesman Lester Nygaard.

It's inpsired by and set in the same world as the film Fargo by the Coen brothers and it's so good. Airs on FX in the US and Channel 4 in the UK.

It's got a pretty great cast and hooked me from the first episode (I binge-watched nearly all of it this weekend) with Martin Freeman and Billy Bob Thornton giving the best performances in my opinion.

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:04 AM

Yeah, it's pretty good, I'm particularly liking Billy Bob Thornton who can really pull off the psycho character. :p

#3 Haliax

Haliax
  • 366 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:12 AM

I've been watching it. I would recommend it.

It's not up there with the greats but definitely worth a watch.

#4 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

Yeah, it's pretty good, I'm particularly liking Billy Bob Thornton who can really pull off the psycho character. :p

I know right! He's pretty damn convincing which is a surprise to me seeing as I think all I've seen him in before now is Bad Santa...

#5 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:23 PM

Loving it! My favorite character is defintiely Billy Bob Thornton's, but the female cop (too lazy to search her name) is pretty good too. Martin Freeman is just icing on the cake. :p

#6 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:09 PM

Definitely the best ongoing show in television right now

#7 laurennnn

laurennnn
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

I've been watching, they are taking the whole Minnesota accent pretty far I must say. Also I live in Fargo and I'm not sure where they filmed the scenes that are supposed to be in Fargo, but it's a horribly innaccurate representation :p

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tv, drama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users