• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#26 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,913 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

I'm doing it exactly as you guide us to, but every proxy I use is ok on proxy checker, but when I navigate to another page, every one is blocked by IP.... Am I doing something wrong?

I'm using Firefox by the way

What do you mean blocked by IP? Does the page load?

I was wondering, if you are in an Institution having it's own Wi-Fi connection and Local Connection, will proxy work ? Because years ago, I tried using torrent and it wont pass and also on Neopets, even the Key Quest doesn't work for me. It just stays in the loading area although the loading circle thingy already completed.

Your institution may block connections to a proxy. I know that for my school, it is literally impossible to connect to a proxy or vpn on their network, most likely due to the harsh regulations imposed on the network. However, give it a try: proxies may work in your particular institution. 

Edited by nitro, 06 August 2014 - 10:55 PM.

#27 Michaelhex

Michaelhex
  • 1,018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:46 AM

What do you mean blocked by IP? Does the page load?

Your institution may block connections to a proxy. I know that for my school, it is literally impossible to connect to a proxy or vpn on their network, most likely due to the harsh regulations imposed on the network. However, give it a try: proxies may work in your particular institution. 

Yup :unsure: can't use it here. Followed all the steps but when it comes to checking it manually, the pages won't load if I'm on proxy. Ah bummer, connection here is super fast ! such waste :p thank you @nitro that's a clear no no for multiple account for me.

#28 Guest_Amythistle_*

Guest_Amythistle_*

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:59 AM

The IP checker page loads, says "no proxy detected" and all, but then I navigate to another page and get "IP blocked by provider" or something to that effect.

I mean, on manual IP check it loads

#29 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,913 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:53 AM

The IP checker page loads, says "no proxy detected" and all, but then I navigate to another page and get "IP blocked by provider" or something to that effect.
I mean, on manual IP check it loads

The proxy might have been used by a spammer and the IP is now on the spam list :/

#30 Ohailno

Ohailno
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:23 AM

I followed the steps, found one that worked but when I tried to load any page (other than whatismyip) it came up ...

This webpage is not available

I have no idea what went wrong :unsure:

#31 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,913 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:52 AM

I followed the steps, found one that worked but when I tried to load any page (other than whatismyip) it came up ...

This webpage is not available

I have no idea what went wrong  :unsure:

That's probably not a good proxy. It may only allow access to whatismyip.com so that it would pass proxy checkers. Idk, try and find another one?

#32 Ohailno

Ohailno
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:22 AM

That's probably not a good proxy. It may only allow access to whatismyip.com so that it would pass proxy checkers. Idk, try and find another one?

I tried several and some would allow sites to load once or twice but then display the same message. 

#33 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,913 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:42 AM

I tried several and some would allow sites to load once or twice but then display the same message.

My best guess is that your proxies are dying really fast. Try using another free proxy database. I think my guide has a few suggestions.

#34 Ohailno

Ohailno
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 12:35 PM

I used a different site and found one that works, however, I can't get past step 1 for creating a new neo account.  :lol2:

Scratch that, 7th times a charm. Thank you! :D

Edited by Sarah, 27 September 2014 - 12:32 PM.

#35 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,913 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:10 PM

I used a different site and found one that works, however, I can't get past step 1 for creating a new neo account.  :lol2:
Scratch that, 7th times a charm. Thank you! :D

No problem! Proxies are a pain to find if you don't want to pay for them :p

#36 Ohailno

Ohailno
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:26 PM

So I've noticed! Fortunately I had your help so it wasn't as bad as it would've been if I tried to figure it out on my own.  

I do have a (probably) stupid  and answered question though.

Can I log into my main account with a different browser than the one I'm using the proxy with - without jeopardizing my main?

#37 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,913 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:15 PM

So I've noticed! Fortunately I had your help so it wasn't as bad as it would've been if I tried to figure it out on my own.  
I do have a (probably) stupid  and answered question though.
Can I log into my main account with a different browser than the one I'm using the proxy with - without jeopardizing my main?

People use different browsers and/or computers all the time, legit or not. You'll be fine :)

#38 masxed

masxed
  • 695 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:25 PM

Thank you Nitro! This guide helped me a lot to understand proxies. Now that I have TTs, etc to secure in the future, I'll certainly be coming back to this. :)

#39 Wander

Wander
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:19 PM

Whatsmyip only allows several checks a day? 

#40 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,913 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:25 PM

Whatsmyip only allows several checks a day? 

Yeah :( You could clear your website data for whatsmyip to get rid of the restrictions, or you could just google another IP check site 

#41 jinq

jinq
  • 1,548 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:03 PM

never used proxies for cheating on neo, but they are useful for bypassing downloading restrictions.

Thanks, nitro!

#42 spotify95

spotify95
  • 305 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:40 AM

I know this is a bit of an old post, but I only just stumbled across this - thank you for posting this advice!

Although I am not into cheating on Neopets, this would have been fab when I had forum troubles!

#43 iliekmeepitz

iliekmeepitz
  • 43 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:10 AM

Thanks a ton! This worked flawlessly! I always thought this would be complicated but it wasn't. It was actually pretty far from it. Thanks for helping me understand. :)

#44 Drops

Drops
  • 169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:43 AM

Thank you for this guide, the links are supper helpful, I rarely used proxies because I could never find a working one +rep

#45 SnowWhite

SnowWhite
  • 43 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:30 AM

I've tried at least a dozen from all three of the sites recommended, but every one of them gives me this message when I try to load anything except whatsmyip (also whatsmyip only shows me my home IP :( )

Unable to connect to the proxy server

ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED

Edited by SnowWhite, 28 May 2015 - 07:30 AM.

#46 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,913 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:10 AM

I've tried at least a dozen from all three of the sites recommended, but every one of them gives me this message when I try to load anything except whatsmyip (also whatsmyip only shows me my home IP :( )

Unable to connect to the proxy server

ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED

Did you go through the entire process outlined in my guide to filter out bad proxies?

#47 SnowWhite

SnowWhite
  • 43 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:16 PM

I sure did! Copied them all over to the checker, and then kept trying the live ones listed as high anonymity in Switchy Sharp. Am I just having bad luck finding a good one?

Edited by SnowWhite, 28 May 2015 - 05:17 PM.

#48 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,913 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:44 PM

I sure did! Copied them all over to the checker, and then kept trying the live ones listed as high anonymity in Switchy Sharp. Am I just having bad luck finding a good one?

It may be just bad luck. It's hard finding working proxies from free proxy sites. 

#49 Aozora

Aozora
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:04 PM

If I was able to use the proxy on chrome, but there isn't a pop up when I test the proxy (on the programs), is it still safe?

Edited by Aozora, 10 June 2015 - 11:29 PM.

#50 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,913 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:22 PM

If I was able to use the proxy on chrome, but there isn't a pop up when I test the proxy (on the programs), is it still safe?

So you clicked on text proxy, but a popup never appeared confirming that it works?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users